Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 7,381 to 7,400 of 10,078

Jimmer-jammer

@Th3solution I’ve played it with my wife and also a good buddy of mine. My buddy and I have had a lot of fun with it as well. The relationship and banter is not particularly well written or realistic and there is enough darkly funny content in it to take the awkward edge off of the marital issues. Most importantly, it’s just super fun to play, and you really are forced to work together. It’s also worth noting that you’re not chained to couch co-op and only one person needs the game to play online with a friend.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Th3solution

@Jimmer-jammer Thanks, and good to know that two platonic buddies can also enjoy the game. It’s just that all of the comments I see on the game are “I’m enjoying this with my wife” or “Me and my girlfriend are playing this…” etc, etc. Yours is the first comment I’ve seen where you played it with your friend.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution I think that's kind of inevitable with a split screen game really. Those are most appealing to people sitting on the couch next to each other, which just happen to be couples most of the time. It's a smart move for Hazelight, because gaming partners is a growing demographic for sure. So I think it's more a case of it being convenient for most to play it with their partner, rather than it being the best way to play.

Anyway, I haven't played it!

Kidfried

Kidfried

I was convinced Resident Evil Village would win this year, by the way. It's why I started playing VII too, haha.

Kidfried

Jimmer-jammer

@Th3solution Haven, on the other hand, I can 100% suggest not playing with a friend 😳

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Th3solution

@Jimmer-jammer Oh yeah — that definitely looks like a romance based co-op experience. 😄.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger It feels like it's been ages since I've taken any screenshots despite playing some visually impressive games. I'll have a look back at stuff I posted earlier in the year and see if anything's worth submitting. I'm playing Guardians of the Galaxy at the moment so maybe I'll see if any moments catch my eye this weekend too.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

Trawling through the debris from last night, and my top five pieces of salvage are...

1) The Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie trailer made me cry;
2) Star Wars: Eclipse could be good;
3) Star Trek: Resurgence was a nice surprise;
4) There's gonna be a Wonder Woman game at some point in my lifetime;
5) I guess Sonic Frontiers, maybe?

My biggest takeaway was that I'm clearly a slave to ongoing franchises and the corporations which routinely weaponise them for profit, and that I should just surrender to my fate.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets No worries! Sometimes you just wanna focus on the game and enjoy it, so don't force anything that doesn't spark your interest. Thanks in advance if you do submit some, though!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

I bought the stupid Astro Playroom mug from the PlayStation store, but they're based in the UK, and apparently I now need to pay import fees on top of expensive shipping. I got a message that it's being hold at a distribution centre until I pay the import fees. I think 25% of the actual price I paid was the mug itself lol. Thanks Brexit.

Octane

HallowMoonshadow

Heya @RogerRoger sorry for the late reply, was prepping most of last week for a parents evening that we had to quickly rush out seeing as we might not get another chance to talk face to face with the parents for a good while.

So for the screenshot competition... Would you like me to take the landscape category Rog? 😄

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy No apology necessary! From what I gather, parents' evenings aren't exactly the most fun part of your chosen profession, so I hope it all went okay!

Anyway, if you're still up for judging then yes, please! That'd be most welcome!

Will be closing the submission stage on Wednesday evening, so if you and @AdamNovice can PSN me the names of your respective category's top three screenshots by Friday (the sooner the better, but no pressure) we can then run the public vote over the weekend.

And yes, please don't take the Character category, otherwise your submissions would be (mostly) out of the running, and they're too beautiful to ignore!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy No apology necessary! From what I gather, parents' evenings aren't exactly the most fun part of your chosen profession, so I hope it all went okay!

Yeah... You got that right.

Thankfully it went fairly well though despite that 😅

No worries Rog, happy to help out like I said previously. Now you can submit a few landscape shots alongside some action related snaps if you have them!

I do quite like that landscape shot I submitted that I'll have to axe but I may try and see if I can put up something else up in the other categories in it's place!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

AdamNovice

@RogerRoger No problem, can you remind me what your PSN name is, I'm sure I've got you on my friends list?

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Thanks for the tag and update and, yes - I do think we were discussing Praey for the Gods, in the context of being such a fan of Shadow of the Colossus and wondering why no other game has tried to recapture the gameplay or style.

Of note, I’m seeing a lot of SotC comparisons made on the new Solar Ash as well, so I might need to eventually check that out.

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I do quite fancy Hyper Light Drifter and Solar Ash as it goes... I added them to my wishlist just last week.

I wasn't a fan of SotC when I tried it a few years ago... but I do plan on giving it another go.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'm glad it went as well as it did, all things considered! Hopefully you'll be able to wind down this week and enjoy a stress-free break.

And yes, please do alter your entries, if possible! Nothing is locked 'til Wednesday evening!

@AdamNovice Thank you! My PSN I.D. is "GDS_2421" and I'm pretty sure we're already PSN friends, but please do correct the oversight if we aren't.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore And there it is …. Praey for the Gods stealth dropped yesterday, as you predicted. It looks actually really good, but it apparently has survival mechanics (keeping your character warm and fed) along with non-boss battles, according to the PS article. So I’m not convinced yet as I’m not the biggest fan of survival stuff like that.

And why it released to no fanfare at all it quite concerning. Once again, looking at the PS storefront - it’s not even on the front page as a “New Release” (on the app anyways) and instead I get icons for the new F2P garbage and random games like Stick Fight: The Game and Happy’s Humble Burger Farm. What is Sony thinking? With all due respect to Rec Room and Gardenia Prologue, I would think a game like Praey for the Gods should have a little more promotion that those niche titles.

Anyways, do you think you’ll give it a go? I think it’s only $30,

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution that is very strange! I do like the look of it from the vids I've seen... but the fact that it's received absolutely no fanfare does give me cause for concern.

I'll probably have a look at a few reviews and see what the general consensus is I suppose. If it sounds decent I'll probably add it to the wishlist.

What will it take to convince you it'll be worth a buy?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic