Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,881 to 6,900 of 10,093

NedStarksGhost

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah I did consider going for a lesson or two to work out my form a bit. I think I've worked out what I've been doing wrong so I will have another go next week and see what happens, I won't push through anything though. Thanks!

How are you doing?

NedStarksGhost

Black_Swordsman

@NedStarksGhost Good thanks, just been trying to match John Abercrombie and John Scofield on guitar and playing through RDR2, what are you playing at the moment, if anything?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

NedStarksGhost

@TheBrandedSwordsman ah nice. I loved RDR2, such a great experience! I'm currently playing Returnal and the Uncharted games. I'm hopefully going to beat Returnal tomorrow!

NedStarksGhost

Black_Swordsman

@NedStarksGhost I was a big fan of Uncharted 2 back in the day, despite the lack of auto-aim, no idea how I completed it at the time. Recently played through Uncharted 4 and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, they were much more approachable with aim assist involved. How do you feel about the protagonists of the games, i.e Chloe Frazer and the legendary Nathan Drake?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

NedStarksGhost

@TheBrandedSwordsman I've not long started Uncharted 2. So far it's a step up from 1 (which I really enjoyed).

I really like all the characters so far. Chloe was a welcome addition to 2 I think, she's made things interesting for Drake so far with her having ties with the antagonists. Drake just makes me laugh, which is his goal. His sort of wit and sarcasm and fecetious attitude to bad situations is my kind of humour. Also love Sully, just for his straight talking attitude and not caring at all about any historic relevance, only cares about the money!

So yeah, great stuff so far!

NedStarksGhost

Black_Swordsman

@NedStarksGhost Sully is possibly one of the greatest inventions of the last 100 years, I agree with you there, Drake's humour is probably what makes the series so iconic. The Uncharted games are a great series, I hope you enjoy playing through them. Do you intend to play all the PS4 ones?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

NedStarksGhost

@TheBrandedSwordsman Agreed on all points! Yep I do, I will be playing through them all and will be posting my thoughts after each one. I posted my thoughts on Drake's Fortune on the PS5 thread but in hindsight probably makes more sense on the PS4 thread!

NedStarksGhost

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho What do you make of the third test in the series against India so far?

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer How's everything else going in your life? Work? Family? Arts collective? Piano? As I say I've just been watching the cricket

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman everything’s ticking along pretty good. Work’s busy but has a rhythm to it at the moment I can deal well with. Everyone at home is doing well, thankfully. We’re expecting our 5th so preparing for that. Arts collective is chugging along. I’m still brushing some rust off, familiarizing myself with modern software. It’s unbelievable how far technology has come in a fairly short amount of time, but it’s also pretty exciting. Went through the 4K Lord of the Rings extended trilogy recently which was worth going through again. I’ve been enjoying the Paralympics on the sports front but really just waiting for hockey to start up.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Th3solution

@Jimmer-jammer Respect for expecting your 5th! Congrats! Your spouse/partner must be very patient to do all childcare so you can game. 😜 or maybe they are at the point where the oldest cares for the youngest so it’s a self sustaining entity at this time. Regardless I’m impressed.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jimmer-jammer

@Th3solution thank you! We’ve already reached maximum chaos level so another one can’t really make things any crazier 😆 In all seriousness though, my wife is amazing. She’s a teacher’s assistant (before taking on home with kids status) who works primarily with special needs children. She is very gifted with kids and is patient beyond words with me. With that said, it’s truly amazing how much one can accomplish with some organization and choosing to be very deliberate with how time is spent. Also I hardly sleep and function on a potent mix of coffee and cat naps. Personal gaming usually slots in between 10:00pm - 12:00am then up at 5:00am for the day 🤙

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman Well, yesterday was pretty much perfect for England and today wasn't too bad either! Here's hoping the ball does something tomorrow and England can have a comfortable, and morale boosting, win.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

I think I may have to change ISP when I move if this is the best they can do. 😂

Untitled

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@Jimmer-jammer Well hold on to her, she’s definitely a keeper!

@JohnnyShoulder That’s what we like to call ‘The Pony Express’ internet package.
Motto: “We deliver your data one byte at a time.”

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I was thinking it wasn’t the worst I’d seen and then I realised it was in megabits and not megabytes 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution @nessisonett That will be like going back to dial up in the dark ages. Not sure if I'll be able to stream 4K movies with that...🤣

Or I could go with Virgin who can get 108Mb average speed for the the same price. 🤔

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@NedStarksGhost Only when I use the fax machine.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic