Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,901 to 6,920 of 10,111

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho I agree with you on all points, let's hope so eh, do you reckon it makes a difference that we're playing them at Headingley?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’m not sure if the ground makes a difference but the conditions were perfect.

Quite funny that we had that awesome day 25th August 2021, the same day in 2020 Anderson got his 600th wicket, and the same day in 2019 was that innings from Stokes in the Ashes!

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho You certainly know your stuff when it comes to cricket! Serendipity ,with regard to the dates, I feel.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

jdv95

@JechtUltima agree 100%

even worse are the channels that show thumbnails of the final boss or even ending of a brand new game that just came out.

jdv95

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho What were your thoughts on today's cricket? (England v India) I thought Robinson did marvelously but it was all a bit one-sided with us winning by an innings and people not getting their money's worth in the grounds for the day's cricket See what happens in the fourth test!

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman I was pretty busy this morning so was kind of surprised to see it was all over by the time I checked the score! It's great to see Robinson come in and do so well; two five wicket hauls in four tests is pretty good going!

It sets the series up really nicely and I'm starting to favour England much more. They really should have won the last one until they completely lost the plot so looking forward to what's to come.

Thrillho

michaelpohara

Typically, I've been a PC gamer by and large. But being in a 100% WFH job and working 6+ hour days recently have totally killed that vibe. By the time I'm done with work on the daily, I'm ready to get the hell out of my office and either take a nap or turn on the PS5. Anyone else have this same issue?

"It is better to stay silent and let people assume you are a fool, than to speak and confirm their assumptions."

PSN: MikeOHara

Th3solution

@michaelpohara I know the feeling. Sometimes you need to just get away from a computer monitor after staring at one all day long. Even playing PS5 or watching a show on TV is too much for me if it’s been a long day. But then sometimes I feel the need to get lost in a virtual world and forget real life for a while while I slay aliens, zombies, or other bad guys. Most of us don’t have jobs or school studies in which we can save the world on a daily basis, so it’s good to have a video game outlet.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

michaelpohara

@Th3solution - I work as a QA Supervisor for a roadside assistance company. The agents I personally supervise can and regularly make life-altering decisions for the customers we service, so it's quite stressing at various points during my workday.

"It is better to stay silent and let people assume you are a fool, than to speak and confirm their assumptions."

PSN: MikeOHara

nessisonett

There’s currently a police helicopter with an actual spotlight a few miles away in the distance. I’m very confused, I’m in Glasgow, not Compton 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@michaelpohara I think it’s good to find the best avenue for stress relief. Otherwise it builds up and affects all kinds of things, including work performance but also mental health.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

@nessisonett Christ! We regularly have one down in London. I see it flying over the suburbs, can't really think what they are looking for unless a criminal is fence jumping after a copper heist or something. They were quite prevalent during the early lockdowns, maybe they reported large gatherings to ground teams? A few years ago one of the helicopters spotted Michael MacIntyre walking around in London with their ultra zoom camera. They took a close up photo and put it on twitter. Bit creepy really 😅

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @ralphdibny There has been an Air Ambulance chopper land real close to my flat a few times over the last 18 months. Not sure exactly what they were doing, as there are only here for a few minutes then take off again. Maybe they have popped over for a cuppa or something? 🤣

In regards to police choppers, there used to be one that frequently flew over and also when I lived in Cardiff about 15 years ago. I believe one of the things they used to check for was any suspicious lights as people were converting their lofts to grow weed, and leaving the lights on all night.

Not sure if that is true or complete BS, but I knew people that used to do this and they soon changed tactics when they heard this!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution How are you? How are your work and travel commitments treating you, my friend?

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Well, doing okay, buddy. I’m still busy but I think travel is calmed down for a while, so that’s good. I have my health, so I can’t complain.

I even have had the time to start FF7R and I’m enjoying it so far. I’m just at the beginning so it’s hard to pass judgment but I’m pretty certain I’m going to like it. The combat seems to be satisfying and I think it has a lot of depth. It does look like it might get a little complex, so I’ll keep you updated since I know you’re planning to try it too.

How about yourself? You doing okay? How are your studies and projects? Still enjoying RDR2?

Edited on by Th3solution

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder ohhh yeah, I do think they have infra red cameras actually that can see if a loft looks noticeably hotter than the rest of the house. The drug barons fought back with better heat shielding and liquid cooling systems (this part may just be my imagination 😂).

I think the London air ambulance normally gets called in if the traffic is chocablock and needs to get places quickly. Bit weird they stop so regularly in one place, maybe someone elderly needed frequent attention. I think the london air ambulance is run on donations too, not sure but I thought it was a charity thing. I'm probably just misremembering/making that stuff up so don't quote me on it 😅

See ya!

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny That ties up with what I remember actually! So it must be true or we are dream sharing or something. 😂

Yeah someone did pass away recently, but I didn't catch them go into that house.

I know the funding got cut for the Air Police (which is now the official name lol) in our area, so obviously don't seem them anymore.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic