Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,861 to 6,880 of 10,056

Voltan

I’m at a nice little event today.

Untitled

It’s nice.
Mick Moss with a solo performance right now.

Voltan

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Playing today (with the London Jazz Jam People) has made me re-evaluate my life's goals, guitar will now just be a hobby, and, instead, I'll be focusing on my Literature PhD in the next few months, but using the act of storytelling, through learning from the literature I'll be studying, to focus on a recent (something that's popped up in the last few years) ambition of mine, to become a Professional Game Designer. I'll hopefully get a group of people together and produce a demo one day.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman that’s awesome, man! With the right team, and the right drive, anything is possible! I wish you all the best and look forward reading/playing whatever comes out of it!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Black_Swordsman

@Jimmer-jammer Thanks very much, I really appreciate that. By the way, Barefoot Boy by Larry Coryell on vinyl arrived at my house this morning, I ordered it online a few days ago. I'd be curious to know what you think of the rest of the album if you listen to it on Youtube or Spotify? Also, Jimmer and @Th3solution in RDR2 this morning I just engaged in some of the life sim activity in the game, before preparing for the next mission - I changed my outfit, shaved, had a plate of stew and drank some coffee, it's great fun being able to do those sorts of things in a game compared to the Souls games which are very combat focused.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, RDR2 is probably best enjoyed in a laid back fashion. I think there is a real intentional reason Rockstar made it feel like it was slow paced, given the game is an old West sandbox game.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’m glad you’re enjoying that aspect bud, I really struggled with the slow nature of RDR2 though, which really surprised me considering what a huge RDR fan I was. I’m definitely gonna return to it at some point as I know that I’ll really enjoy it if I’m in the correct mind-set for it. I love westerns (movies), I love open-world games and I loved the original… so it just seems a waste for me to just leave it where I did.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Same here with RDR2, just couldn't get into it and after thinking the first game was one of the best of that gen too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore @JohnnyShoulder I'm definitely in the minority here guys, I never played the original RDR but I have played open-world games before i.e TW3, and I loved reading the book Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy which gave me a great taste of the Old West, plus I love country music, those ol' gunslingers sure knew how to work and command the land back in the day in the States, I quite like the game's slow pace, I'll be sure to take my time with the next mission as well as it allegedly involves visiting a town, which in itself is sure to build up a picture of the open-world.

JohnnyShoulder

I have no idea who this Souljia Boy is, but the whole situation is a bit mental. First he creates a 'console' and tries selling it for an extortionate amount (for what it is), then he claims he owns Atari! 🤣

It's the people defending him I don't get, surely they can see its all a big hoax, right?!

Oh and some Youtuber has got hold of the console and tested it. LOL 😂

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Surely you’re old enough to remember Crank That by Soulja Boy? A bit of an ironic bop back in the day!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Voltan

@nessisonett I think I might be too old for that. Or too European
Never heard of the man outside of this weird console stuff

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan 2007 was a weird time. Especially for music!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@JechtUltima Both and then do a YouTube video comparing them!

JohnnyShoulder

@JechtUltima I don't think there will be many scalped and sold on Ebay for double the price! 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I genuinely didn't know he made music!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore How's work and the like? I saw you got sent home the other day, you were talking about it, what was the end result of that? Are you back in the office now? @NedStarksGhost How's the guitar going, my friend?

NedStarksGhost

@TheBrandedSwordsman hey! I've had to take a few weeks off it unfortunately as I was getting pain in my forearm and wrist, possibly a preluder to tendonitis or something! Think I need to work on my form. It's frustrating as I'm dying to get playing again!

NedStarksGhost

Black_Swordsman

@NedStarksGhost Take it easy, there's no reason to put pressure on yourself to be a guitarist. However, it may simply be that the way you were holding the guitar as you played wasn't correct. Please consider taking lessons from a professional, even if it's only briefly, as that should give you better information than a Youtube video!

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman hey buddy, no I’m still home as although I tested negative, I have had to isolate for 10 days due to not having been vaccinated (it’s not that I don’t want to be but is an issue in connection to allergies). How’s things with you?

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore Yeah not bad, still playing through RDR2, visiting a town in the game and buying cigarettes, saving people left right and centre and getting into barroom brawls in the game. I haven't smoked in the game yet as that damages your health in the game world as well but I might light one up later to watch how the animation plays out. Could you smoke in RDR as well?

In terms of real life, just focusing on guitar really, seeing friends occasionally and reading a bit of Thomas Hardy whenever I go to the pub, that's about it.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic