Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,461 to 6,480 of 6,612

LieutenantFatman

@ralphdibny
Yep, definitely with the Colonel on this, make sure you do what's right for you. You only regret the chances you don't take, as the saying goes.

If you want to show your appreciation to your boss, could always get them a small gift when you do leave, I'm sure they would like that.

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

@ralphdibny
Untitled

Re-doing a CV is a pain but it’s absolutely worth tailoring it to the role. Sell your transferable skills and sell yourself! It’s worth going for and you can decide later on if you don’t want it rather than missing out.

I’m sure a zero hour contract would make getting a mortgage difficult and more regular hours would surely help with diet and also routine for exercise too?

Thrillho

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Sage advice.
Although it reminds me of this —

Untitled

Edited on by Th3solution

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

ralphdibny

Thanks for all your help and advice peeps!

@LieutenantFatman thank you, I normally give him a gift at Xmas but I'm not sure it would smooth this over but I can give it a try. The only thing I can really think of doing is carrying on at the weekend because it's a ZHC, could be hard for a while but might leave a better taste in the mouth. He's quite quick tempered so it normally takes 5 minutes of me being calm and logical before he calms down, that's if he doesn't just hang up on me 😂

@Thrillho cheers, I put on some prodigy CDs earlier and managed to bang out a rough and ready CV. It probably reads as a bit aggressive/blunt though because of my musical inspiration and my general displeasure at working in the financial sector thus far lol but I will smooth it out on Wednesday and get it sent in (got another job tomorrow).

I think ZHC would make mortgages difficult for sure. I don't know if a 9-5 would help with exercise really, last time I did something like that I was just totally knackered every night when I got home. Wake up, walk to station, train to work, work for 9 hours, train home, walk home, eat dinner, shower, make lunch go to sleep was my schedule for 6 months. Problem was that I could barely move when I got home. Not to mention that I was just eating lots of sweet foods just to give me some pleasure to take the pain away 😂. This job could be better because it's actually in an industry I care about and I could possibly drive there at first and walk if I get a place more local. But yeah, I might not even get an interview but I am definitely going to try for it at least!

@Th3solution 😂 maybe I should just go to an interview in my "pyjamas" then

ralphdibny

Thrillho

The whole of Twitter: urgh PSN is down

Sony: EVERYTHING IS A-OKAY!!

And apparently I can’t even play my PS5 games when PSN is down?

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Is it just down in the US or something since Twitter’s going mad? It seems to be fine over here.

Hahaha never mind. Literally cannot play Hitman 3.

Edited on by nessisonett

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

nessisonett

Toys For Bob is now a Call of Duty support studio. Activision really are supremely gross.

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

Voltan

@nessisonett yeah, that sucks big time
I thought they could be making a new Spyro or something (there were rumors) - guess they're not.

Voltan

RogerRoger

@nessisonett ...what?! That makes zero sense, even from a purely business perspective. I mean, there's being Activision, and then there's just being stupid.

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

This was fun, I had to get a skate out of the bottom of my car boot so I could move a shed in the garden. The skate was mouldy as was everything at the bottom of the boot. Lifted up the spare tyre cover and it's all mouldy underneath. The spare tyre was sitting in a puddle of water.

No idea how it got there but yeah, spent the last 3 hours soaking up the water, bleaching everything, scrubbing rust off stuff. Just gotta wait for it to all dry before I put it back. So yeah, fun!

Sorry, boring adult stuff lol

Edited on by ralphdibny

ralphdibny

Jimmer-jammer

@kyleforrester87 I’ve re-typed like 5 different responses to this and nothing properly conveys how i feel about. I’ll just say, if that’s how I sound when using the expletive “motherf***er, I will never utter such a phrase again. Good riddance.

True genuineness actually puts people off. The only way to combat this is with time. Stay true, and one time enemies may become long time friends.

ralphdibny

@kyleforrester87 I saw that the other day, I felt bad for laughing though because she is obviously legitimately mentally ill. But still, I love the oblivion NPC videos! 😅

@Jimmer-jammer I think the English say it best, it's 4 syllables that all sound the same in our accent uh-uh-uh-uh. Though I do appreciate the Nelly style -errr at the end that some people across the pond use. I think the C-word sounds weird in American, it's another harsh uh sound for us but I had to keep rewinding this Eminem tape when I was young to hear him say it because it just sounded so weird!

ralphdibny

Jimmer-jammer

@ralphdibny yeah I hope she gets the help she obviously needs. I’m Canadian so I’m under the impression that everything I say sounds goofy. In my head I sound like Patrick Stewart. The English can make Leviticus sound cool.

True genuineness actually puts people off. The only way to combat this is with time. Stay true, and one time enemies may become long time friends.

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 Oh, c'mon now, we Brits can field plenty of similar and / or worse examples of... let's be kind and call them "people who clearly need some form of assistance", shall we?

I live in a town centre, and the verbal diarrhoea I hear every night could wipe the floor with that video.

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ralphdibny

@Jimmer-jammer what region? The difference in Canadian accents is huge from what I've heard! I listen to a lot of the interviews of like old wrestlers and stuff and some people sound full blown french. I think the most common accent I've heard though is like an American accent with a French twang, so you get the short french oo sound in a lot of words

I do love accents, especially combined accents where like a European has learned English. Someone like Daniel Bruhl has obviously learned from American English speakers because there is a lot of ahhs and errs but my Italian family learned south East London english so everything sounds like ayyy, a bit like that comedian Hennig wehn

Edited on by ralphdibny

ralphdibny

Jimmer-jammer

@ralphdibny interesting...yeah I suppose there are probably a wide variety of “British” accents (forgive my ignorance), as there are here in Canada. I unashamedly fall into the more stereotypical perception of Canadian - Alberta, born and raised. Think Bob and Doug McKenzie, although I was raised listening to Hungarian my whole childhood. My friends could never understand my grandparent’s accent but of course I was so used to it. I kick myself as an adult never truly picking it (the language) up.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

Thrillho

@Jimmer-jammer I would always love to see someone with a strong scouse (Liverpool) or geordie (Newcastle) accent try and explain to an American that they’re from England.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic