Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,461 to 6,480 of 10,089

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman I don’t tend to follow county level much really. It’s only the England national team I tend to follow at all when it comes to cricket.

And with regards to Returnal, we have a pretty active thread on it already! I wouldn’t say it’s Soulslike in the slightest to be honest.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah I wouldn't say Returnal is a souls-like. The only similarities are that they are both difficult types of games.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman @JohnnyShoulder yeah even though I haven’t picked up a copy yet, I’ve watched and read a load of reviews and it definitely isn’t a souls-like. It’s probably more of a 3rd Person bullet-hell shooter, Metroidvania, Rogue-like... or as this burgeoning sub-genre should be rebranded, a ‘mouthful’. 😉

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman I didn’t realise the series was so soon with the first test on Weds. I’ll try and keep up but will be at work, and I’m really bad at watching the highlights in the evening.

As for gaming, I’m currently enjoying Ghost of Tsushima on my PS5. It runs brilliantly and I’m loving the story, combat, and the real open world feeling. How about you?

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@TheBrandedSwordsman I'm playing Returnal at the mo with Immortal Fenix Rising after that. I see you are playing BioMutant, you still enjoying it?

@colonelkilgore Yeah, I think my head is about to explode with so many genres in one sentence. 😆

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Never! It was just cheap so I grabbed it after playing the demo, and it felt different enough to Returnal. Should be delivered tomorrow.

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Yeah well if you manage to catch any of it online or otherwise we can discuss it. I'm currently about 2/8 through Biomutant, loving the RPG qualities of the game. Glad you are enjoying GoT on PS5.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah I am about 2/8 through the story now thoroughly enjoying it just got a great piece of kit which makes some sections of the game easier!

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

ItsATM

What's everyones favorite games so far this year?

P.s. if you'd like to become friends on PSN, feel free to add me! My username is heyheyitsATM

Edited on by ItsATM

ItsATM

PSN: heyheyitsATM

RogerRoger

@ItsATM I think I've only played one new game this year, so it's Hitman III by default, I'm afraid. Not a very imaginative answer, but there we are! What's yours?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

@ItsATM If we're talking games released this year, Returnal easily.
If we're talking games I played mostly this year... also Returnal, I guess - but accompanied by Mortal Kombat 11.
Immortals: Fenyx Rising was also good and I'm currently back to it, playing the DLC.

Voltan

ItsATM

@Voltan

Oh man, I LOVED Returnal. I didn’t realize the game would be so lengthy after hearing “you can complete a run in a couple hours” because my first run of the game got me to the 3rd boss where I died, and that was a 5 hour run. I thought I almost beat the game but that was only the halfway point lol

ItsATM

ItsATM

@RogerRoger Hopefully there will be more coming for you this year that you want to play! I know this summer is already stacked and we haven’t even seen E3 yet haha.

My favorites have definitely been Returnal and an oldie that I missed growing up called The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. Honestly so good, I wish Capcom worked on more Zelda games!

ItsATM

nomither6

its the first day of my favorite month of the year , im happy ( no pun intended lol ) . summers almost here !

along with the slew of summer-shovelware-games until the heavy-hitters release in the fall , lol.

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

Octane

The Aloy discussion is absolutely baffling to me. It's like people have been locked up inside for too long and have forgotten what actual people look like.

Octane

Voltan

@Octane A similar (but not this extreme) thing happened recently with Returnal - there were people saying they don't want to play the game because the protagonist isn't good looking - and that games should always have good looking protagonists because that's who gamers want to play as. Luckily that's a minority.
And let's not even mention the whole Abby (TLOU2) thing.

Voltan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic