Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,441 to 6,460 of 10,083

Th3solution

@TraCuz- Interesting video. I’ve heard about convalescent homes playing old music for their residents to keep them calm. I didn’t know there was actually research into the whole idea of music and memory. Cool stuff.

It does make me wonder, since the video alludes to the fact that a person’s youth and formative years (18-30 I think it said) are where these memories are entrenched or imprinted that in about 50-60 years you’re going to see the old demented versions of us sitting in our wheelchairs in a group home smiling while they are blaring “Twerkulator” and “Big Gangsta” over the loudspeaker.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman When I'm not gaming these days I'm either working, playing instruments, and seeing friends/family when I can. Nothing too exciting, still not too much to do near me with covid restrictions. 4 FKJ songs you can't go wrong with: Tadow, Blessed, Why Are There Boundaries, and Amsterjam(My personal fav).

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

TraCuz-

@RogerRoger @TheBrandedSwordsman @Th3solution

Glad you all liked the video, I definitely thought it was a good watch. He has few other interesting topics too. I think it's so cool how we can hear a sound or song and be mentally transported back to the moment we first heard them. Makes me wonder when I'm older what effect will hearing Super Mario or Snake Eater themes have on me.

Currently Playing:

Voltan

Far Cry 6 gameplay stream in 2 minutes. Checking it out.

Edit: turned out to be a countdown to a shorter countdown to a 30 minute countdown, lol
So gameplay in 28 minutes.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

nessisonett

@Jecht_Ultima Y’know, thinking about it there’s not really any games with release dates I’m really that fussed about. Maybe those two Pokemon games on Switch. Deathloop looks pretty fun too. I’m more interested in the sequels to STALKER and Vampire: The Masquerade but they’re TBA and also have a lot to live up to.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TraCuz-

@Jecht_Ultima FF7 Intergrade for me too friend, gonna do my hard playthrough in 60fps so I can finally get the plat! Also this Yuffie chapter is looking pretty good, they got me excited! But as soon as I'm done it's straight back to FFXIV for me xD.

Somewhere gotta find time for Returnal, Ratchet, and Metro Exodus.

Currently Playing:

nessisonett

@TraCuz- Metro Exodus is absolutely phenomenal, hope you enjoy! I think I’ll get the PS5 version at some point, it was a great game and better loading times and graphics would just be the icing on the cake.

TraCuz-

@nessisonett I've heard! Really looking forward to it, I even plan to play with Russian audio for immersion. You know it's a free upgrade right? Or you still waiting to get a PS5?

Currently Playing:

TraCuz-

@Jecht_Ultima I can understand that especially since it starts out pretty slow. But for some reason I was craving one of those games where the journey matters more than the destination, FFXIV hit all the right notes for me. I adore that game, gets significantly better with time.

Currently Playing:

Voltan

Got some good company

Untitled

Edit: turns out it’s actually not very good

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

crimsontadpoles

There's not much in the way of upcoming games that I'm eager for yet. Ratchet and Clank could be a big one, but it depends. There'll surely be more once we get more trailers and info for upcoming games.

I don't have to worry about running out of games though. There's plenty of already released games, both recent and older ones, that I'm very interested in playing.

jdv95

so any thoughts on those new switch pro rumors?

the ones saying it will be revealed before e3 and will have an oled screen for handheld and be able to upscale to 4k when docked.

jdv95

nessisonett

@TraCuz- I played Metro Exodus when it was on PS Now so I’ll need to buy it outright!

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Have you been following the county cricket matches? It looks like Yorkshire are struggling against Lancashire without Bairstow or Root in the side, as they are preparing for the NZ match, in a bubble.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution How are your game(s) going right now? Did you pick up Returnal? (If it's even out yet, I have no idea!)

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yes, I picked up Returnal on day 1 — It released a couple weeks ago. But I haven’t installed it; I was waiting until I finished the games I’d started and also was giving them a few days to patch the early bugs. Hopefully I’ll start soon.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Cool, well as I hear it's a Souls-like with no bonfires - feel free to tag me during your playthrough and good luck!

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic