Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 6,141 to 6,160 of 10,056

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho I just downloaded The Lost Legacy so that is what I will be gravitating towards. Good stuff eh? Have you played it? I know you're a big Nathan Drake (and Sully) fan!

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

Woke up this morning to a handful of notifications on NLife which were from a new account tagging me in month old articles sharing really dodgy pseudoscience about Covid and systemic racism being made up. Gotta love the ‘community’ 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Hey buddy, doing well. I just scored myself a PS5 so that’s been the big news for me lately. Enjoying Astrobot’s Playroom. I see you have Lost Legacy, so I’m excited to hear how you like it. Since you’ve liked the UC4, then you should enjoy this too, I think.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman Lost Legacy is in my backlog so I may get to it one day!

Have you ever tried the Just Cause series at all? A rubbish comparison would be something like Uncharted meets Far Cry. Good open worlds with weapons and explosions aplenty, slightly nonsense stories, but just good fun.

They've had a couple of games on PS+ before (that's why I played one) and I can't imagine they'd be that expensive to buy.

Thrillho

Kidfried

@nessisonett NintendoLife's comment section has become so much more toxic since Covid-19. It's a shame.

I'm not an active member of the community over there, but I remember the forum posters to be quite pleasant. Are there steps being taken or anything to make atmosphere great again?

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried You can only moderate so much when the growing majority of readers all have profile pics like this and use words like ‘snowflakes’. Although strangely, these users spend their whole time attacking certain writers to the point that I wonder why they’re even on the site.
Untitled

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett It's like an advert for Sunglasses Hut that never happened.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho I have a real soft spot for the Just Cause games. Played the hell out of 2 on the PS3 and played quite a bit of 3 a few years back too. Gliding around using the wing suit, while grappling to maintain momentum is one of gaming’s great traversal methods.

I’m gonna go back and finish off 3 (& play through 4) at some stage.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Just Cause 2 was one of my favourite PS3 games but 3 just didn’t hit the same spot for me and I don’t know why. The wing suit was great but I dunno, it felt a bit more ‘checklisty’ but that could always just be because so many games came out in between those two.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder “So let’s talk about Dr Seuss” the goateed man in sunglasses says, as the smell of burning Nike trainers fills the air.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett I kinda know what you mean... I definitely didn’t put as much time into 3 as I did 2 (I played through 2 twice and probably totalled up over 200 hours) but having said that I did think that 3 actually played better. I think it just might have been that my gaming tastes had changed a little in between releases or that I was burned out on huge open worlds maybe.

I have been fancying going back for a while though. The one thing that irks me a little about the JC games though (& any other games that operate similarly) is that it uses L3 for fine aim rather than L1/L2... it just never feels right to me.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Today I learned there’s a fine aim button. I usually just spammed uzis hoping that the mental bullet sponge enemies would die.

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore Do you reckon Just Cause 3 would be a nice change of pace from the Uncharted series then? @Thrillho Been following the Cricket? South Africa vs. Pakistan?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

TraCuz-

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah I'd say it's a decent change of pace but the difference in polish will be jarring at first and good luck with the framerate! What other games fancy your tastes?

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman me and @nessisomett were speaking about the Just Cause games the other day. I love them personally, cheesy pop-corn-flick style gaming that they are. The story is not important but they play great and have a lovely big open world to get lost in. Only gripe I have is fine-aim on L3... but you get used to it.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Yep, very very silly games but I used to play Just Cause 2 loads when I went up to my dad’s house. It’s probably aged like curdled milk but it’s definitely a special game in my eyes.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I still think Just Cause 2 is the series' highlight, and I regret giving my copy to my brother, because I'd love to return to it someday. I never encountered any of the notorious technical problems with Just Cause 3 on PS4 (must've just gotten lucky) but Just Cause 4 was a disaster at launch. They took a very, very long time to get it running stable, let alone looking semi-decent.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore That discussion was literally on this page!

The games aren’t ever going to win awards but they are good fun, if a little repetitive at times with their objectives. But the varied options of mayhem you have are pretty extensive!

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic