Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,981 to 6,000 of 10,077

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman Ha, it is. It’s one I’ve got saved in my random gifs folder on my laptop and it seemed apt!

I have played UC2-4 and really enjoyed them. It’s been a while since I played the games though. I still have Lost Legacy to try at some point too.

Great result in the cricket and it’s great to see the bowlers can deliver as well as the batsmen; it’s not very often you hear a T20 match is won on the bowling.

Even happier about the rugby result (and performance!) from today

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Would you agree with what me and @Th3solution were saying about the UC games? (That they are basically Indiana Jones-style Hollywood Blockbusters in a game format?)

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah, it’s a pretty good description of the games. But they show that there’s absolutely nothing wrong with a more linear game and the games have some very memorable set pieces. I still think the convoy scene towards the end of UC2 is my favourite.

Who knows how the film will be. Holland isn’t someone I’d have had in my mind for Drake and Mark Wahlberg is interesting for Scully..

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman nice dude, gaming really can provide fulfillment eh?

The 6 Nations has kinda swallowed up my time of late, so if I'm not watching rugby, I'm listening to podcasts or reading articles about it. One more weekend though (well and an additional weekend for France vs Scotland #wafflegate), so gaming will once again consume my free time real soon.

**** DLC!

Black_Swordsman

@colonelkilgore Indeed. I see well I hope you enjoy watching the rugby while it's on as that's clearly another passion of yours and another string to your bow. Do you think you will add SotTR to your backlog at some point?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Yeah that catch that Stokes dropped was kind of the nail in the coffin!

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah I've got all three of the 'new' Tomb Raider games... only played the first one so far but did really like it. I will end up playing Rise of... and Shadow of... at some point though I havent got them scheduled in anytime soon. Maybe I'll have to do a little reshuffle, as I do fancy playing one.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

Happy St Patrick’s Day everyone! Got the Guinness in and my Spotify playlist of rebel songs up 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yep, it came yesterday so I’ve platinumed Astro’s Playroom and then I played a bit of FIFA and Hitman 3 to see the upgrades. I started The Pedestrian which is a great puzzle platformer and I have Crash 4 to play too!

Thrillho

@nessisonett I’d be interested to see what you make of Crash 4 after my play through.

A really good platformer but bloated with all the different collectibles there are.

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Congrats on your platinum. What were the upgrades like? No Demon's Souls? 😮 Where did you buy it from?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

nessisonett

@TheBrandedSwordsman Demon’s Souls isn’t in stock for anywhere near the price I’d pay for it. I’ll get on it when I can grab it for about £35. I got my PS5 from John Lewis though!

ralphdibny

@nessisonett John Lewis ftw! Normally electronics from there come with a 2 year guarantee as well so you won't have to faff about with Sony support and broken promises from other retailers if something goes wrong

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic