Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 5,361 to 5,380 of 5,707

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger you'll do a better job than me if you can find any money in my bank account! 😂 I just realised that this back and forth is public and anybody could add you and claim to be me, I'll work out a way to make sure you know it's legit, I'm sure you'll know when you see it

ralphdibny

nessisonett

@themcnoisy It’ll be a shame to see you go, you’ve been on the site for almost as long as me and @AdamNovice!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Black Lives Matter. Enough is enough.

themcnoisy

@nessisonett @AdamNovice @RogerRoger it's been great, I'm almost 40 now so where as I was happy playing games as my main hobby it becoming increasingly difficult to enjoy the same experiences. I will always check in and I'm certainly not quitting gaming but It feels like I've played every game before. I also don't have much to add to the topics I see, I'm so far behind I may as well be in last last gen. I'm also making music again since playing Dreams, Genuinely think I've got a shot making music in games and have been contacted by a couple of companies so my head is well and truly dazzled.

Some of my personal standout moments in the last almost 6 years are because of PushSquare. The one off Street fighter online game (think ADF was involved in that), Playing Sonic Racing and making sure I got it day one to game with Rog, the Rocket League tournaments with about 30 other PushSquare heads especially Kyroki who teamed with me to plat 2, Destiny with the squad, mgs 5 and watching everyone start hating on it although I loved it, my first Yakuza experience and sharing that experience, persona chat, bringing fez up anytime I could early doors. The huge polls and getting to know everyone. Seeing my friends list pop at 140 which is like ten times my connections on linkedin ROFL. So yeah I have a lot to thank the staff as Push and the wider community.

Anyhow I'm gonna update the community right now. Let's make it the best screenshot competition ever!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Thrillho

@themcnoisy I hope it’s not because we’ve all been calling you McNoisy all this time..

Thrillho

themcnoisy

@Thrillho haha no. Not at all, I quite like McNoisy.

@RogerRoger updated the community.

ralphdibny

@themcnoisy be well mate, games are always something that people fall in and out of. I think I've taken years off and played next to nothing, only for me to have really heavy periods of gaming for whatever reason. I really hope the professional music making for games works out for you! I'll be sure to check out your dreams creations when I eventually get dreams

ralphdibny

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Fabulous, sir! Look forward to at least voting, if not making a submission or five.

@themcnoisy You’re a legend, brother. I know this isn’t goodbye yet, but I’m starting to feel misty-eyed!

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

Tasuki

@themcnoisy You will be missed man. One of the best times I had was helping you through Diablo III seems like that was yesterday.

I know I don't spend as much time here like I use, the community itself has changed alot these past few years. Heck it doesn't even feel like it's the same place anymore.

But take care man and I hope everything with your music works out. It's been a pleasure.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Thrillho

@themcnoisy But seriously, it will be a shame if you go completely.

The chance of making music for games is pretty amazing though! Good luck to you on that front.

Thrillho

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger I just added you as a friend but couldn't sent an accompanying message 🤷‍♂️, it said something about a setting, maybe they changed it in the latest update

Hopefully it's the only friend request you received today and if not then hopefully it's the only one with a fairly obvious first name in it 😅

ralphdibny

JohnnyShoulder

@ralphdibny People should only be able see your real name on PSN if you have the relevant privacy option selected to 'Everyone'. I got mine set to 'Close Friends' and you can choose who those people are.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ralphdibny

@JohnnyShoulder cheers I appreciate it but I just have my first name in my PSN name 🤦🏻‍♂️, I know it's not much but it's probably more than I am comfortable with associating with my very public PushSquare account. Maybe one day in the future I will share it carefully but it's too much at the moment. I made the account back on the PS3 and I had absolutely no idea I would be even a small part of an online community back then or that my PSN could or would be connected with other online activities in the future. It was just a means to an end for me at the time

ralphdibny

RogerRoger

@themcnoisy Thanks for sorting that yesterday. We're officially underway!

You were one of the members who made this place inviting to a nervous oddball like me. Life happens in phases, and goodness only knows I'm not doing what I did a decade ago, or a decade before that, so it's totally understandable. If you have to leave at all, then I'm glad it's for positive reasons (and seriously, that's awesome news about your music production; the very best of luck!) and not because something here went off the rails. That being said, I look forward to whenever you check in!

@ralphdibny Yeah, I think my privacy settings are quite aggressive. At any rate, all sorted; invitation received and accepted, with my thanks!

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

TheBrandedSwordsman

@JohnnyShoulder What do you work as? Out of curiosity. I'm a lowly former student putting together a proposal for a new PhD myself, as I've previously mentioned on here (currently transitioning between Universieties) and it's in Literature.

"Ten thousand toadstools, with right purchase, could lift a man, I suppose. But what good would it do?"

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

RogerRoger

@ralphdibny Yeah, when I noticed that @kyleforrester87 had switched to his traditional seasonal avatar, I realised that the holidays would soon be upon us and followed suit.

Seeing that smiling shot of Big Boss in a festive hat is fast becoming a new tradition for me!

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

themcnoisy

@Th3solution @Tasuki @ralphdibny cheers lads you all hold a special place in my heart, I will still be browsing PushSquare regularly just no more polls and such. @RogerRoger let's do this!

Th3solution

Speaking of screenshots and fantastic members of the community ... anyone heard from @KALofKrypton ? He’s not been around since the pandemic started, maybe longer. He has a silver trophy from last year’s screenshot competition to defend.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I work in a finance department mostly doing admin, processing, and auditing roles. Pretty boring stuff, but the people I work with really nice and it suits my personality quite well.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic