Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,941 to 4,960 of 10,079

Thrillho

@Kidfried Sorry to hear of the problems you've been having. Covid making things even more uncertain definitely doesn't help and I am sure no-one will blame you for taking priority for yourself over this place!

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried I was thinking earlier and I had something similar a few years back. It was like a sharp pulsing pain by the side of my stomach. Spent the May Bank Holiday weekend in hospital. Had all kind of tests and scans. But they never did find out what was wrong. The painkillers gave me awful diarrhoea though which they weren't supposed to. The pain did eventually recede and I don't get it any more.

Hopefully what ever is wrong with you isn't serious and you make a full recovery soon.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

mookysam

@Kidfried That’s rough. Hope they can find out what’s wrong and get you feeling better. Have they given you anything in the meantime to help with your symptoms?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Rudy_Manchego

@Kidfried Only just saw this and I hope you get some rest and feel a lot better soon. Getting poorly with all that is going on is no joke.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

MarlonJohan

I have been working hard all week, and I'm gonna dive into the new Valorant act immediately. Hopefully, you guys can also have a great weekend playing some games or just getting to rest after a tiring week!

MarlonJohan

Kidfried

OH YEA IM BACK TO WORK!

(That also means the character bracket can continue again)

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Good news!

[insert epileptic trigger GIF here]

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger I think that gif needs to come with an epilepsy warning, like at the start of video games!

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I've gone and removed it because it was hurting my eyes!

Edited on by RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger ha ha I like what you replaced it with!

Kidfried

RogerRoger wrote:

@Kidfried Good news!

[insert epileptic trigger GIF here]

I just saw that GIF and now I'm sick again!

Thanks everyone

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Always happy to help!

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

RogerRoger wrote:

@Kidfried Always happy to help!

Untitled

My favorite tv series! I'm currently rewatching the third season again with some friends (via Zoom). We're about midway through the season and I just love it so much.

Kidfried

Kidfried

The ads I'm getting right now on Push Square are... weird. Huge close-ups of the leader of a nationalist populist party from my country, multiple times per page.

Can't hide from politics anywhere I guess!

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Political ads are insane over here right now, as you might imagine. Television, YouTube, and radio is almost intolerable. I’m not sure how political ads work in other countries, but it almost comical the way each side tries to paint the other.
”Don’t vote for John Doe! He voted 10 times to empty all the prisons and has a proposed tax plan to charge you for oxygen consumption! Vote for Frank Schmoe. He’s tough on crime and wants to give all citizens free candy and has the cure for cancer.” [cue patriotic music and a flying flag in the background]

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution We don't have a predominantly two-party system, which makes all the difference. As a result every candidate has multiple opponents, so there isn't this 1-vs-1 you lot have over there. It doesn't really make that much sense to ***** talk about one specific opponent.

The four biggest parties tend to be the Christians (family values), Labour party (social democrats, affordable healthcare), Right-wing liberals (law and order, free market) and the Democrats (personal freedom, education, bit of climate). Then there are of course two nationalist conservative parties, left-wing parties, etc.

Also, no party ever gets majority, so they always have to work together to form coalitions. Which results in the smaller parties also becoming significant, because they can help the bigger parties to reach a majority.

Long story short: it's way different. It's interesting to follow this US election, in all its craziness.

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried When you say nationalist populist party, I still don't know which one you're talking about lol.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic