Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,921 to 4,940 of 10,075

andreoni79

I've just seen the Digital Foundry video about XB series X running XB One and 360 games at 60fps.
I bet we'll see something similar next week with a PS5, right? 🙄

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

TheFrenchiestFry

Honestly really impressed with how this analysis panned out

I'm glad Microsoft takes something as small as being able to play legacy content on their console this seriously. The lengths they went to optimize the 360 and OG Xbox games especially is really astounding.

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

matrix243

How do I post a thread? Its asking for a name.

matrix243

nessisonett

@matrix243 Give it a name then. You can’t just make a thread called NULL, there’s no point. Insert very long pause for laughter from the two people who get that joke.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TheFrenchiestFry

I just realized Makoto in Persona 5 is literally just Japanese Courtney from Total Drama

• studious academic type who starts off as a no-nonsense b****
  • Fun-loving rebellious bad boy comes into her life
  • Said bad boy teaches her how to loosen up her personality and have fun while appreciating aspects of her life she was missing out on
  • Girl eventually warms up to and develops feelings for bad boy
  • She is fearful of something small and inconsequential that contrasts with her hardened personality

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yeah, it’s quite full on since they’re cramming a lot of work into each week but I’m doing alright I guess. Networking’s probably the most intense one, it’s a lot of heavy theory that would have been better coming from a lecturer in person rather than just making notes from a textbook. As long as I still have a few hours a week to myself, I’m happy!

Kidfried

Didn't know where best to mention it, so I ended up here.

I have been physically ill for the last few days, suffering from a lot of pain in my stomach. For two years now that has been a recurring thing, and unfortunately doctors still don't have an explanation as to what the cause is.

It's the reason why I didn't respond to some of your posts, or didn't engage in the forum's activities. I'll be fine, but I just wanted you to know!

Kidfried

LieutenantFatman

@Kidfried
Sorry to hear that, hope they figure out the cause soon and you're feeling better. I had a dodgy appendix for years and I kept being told I had food poisoning every time I went to the hospital, not fun.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Hope you feel better soon kiddo!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Kidfried Eesh, that can’t be good so hope you get better soon. As somebody who suffers horrible stomach pain due to anxiety, I totally sympathise.

Ralizah

@Kidfried Sorry to hear that. I assume they've tested for all the usual suspects when it comes to gut pain?

Feel better soon.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@Ralizah Yup. Been to the hospital multiple times (even had to stay there for a week), but nothing turned up. Right now I'm on a waiting list, have been since July, and today I heard I will probably have to wait until December/Janury before I can make another appointment.

But it's been difficult to research, because it comes and goes, and (especially this year) I get pushed to the back of the waiting line, due to it not being life threatening.

@crimsontadpoles @nessisonett @Gremio108 @JohnnyShoulder @LieutenantFatman Thanks all of you!

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Yikes, that's a long wait for an appointment. Fingers tightly crossed that whatever it is, it's manageable until then. Feel better soon!

This place should be a fun distraction, so don't let it become a chore!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Kidfried Hang in there, boss. COVID has found a way to screw everything up. Delays in other unrelated health care and services has been one major collateral impact. I guess the bright side is that it’s not life threatening, although I realize it’s not very comforting when you still feel lousy. Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic