Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 4,841 to 4,860 of 4,955

Kidfried

The team is great. And of course, things have never been perfect or anything. Both true, and what I also believe to be true is the site would be a better place with someone on the team actively managing the community.

Kidfried

crimsontadpoles

The team does a good job, but I'd agree that having a few mods about could help improve things. It probably makes sense to have several mods instead of just one person patrolling the forums. Everyone has personal lives and other things to do, so we can't expect a single dedicated mod to sort out a problem straight away. Nintendo Life has quite a few mods, and that place seems mostly alright these days.

Rudy_Manchego

I saw the thread from Neolit but missed the bit when he said he was leaving so had to go back and read it. Sad to see a regular leave over something but obviously it was something that he felt strongly about, particularly with his own experience and I respect him for it.

I believe that PushSquare is a fantastic site with a great team that genuinely care about their content. I agree that we are at a stage that active moderation would help but at the same time, that typically comes from the community and I'm not sure if there is anyone willing to make that leap at the moment.

Essentially I think Push Square is a victim of its own success - it is a respected site from a gaming perspective, because of the work of its editorial staff and us amazing community members so that means that they are succeeding more and more and bringing new readers. We have a myriad of things going on - pandemic, economic concern, big social upheavel and crossing that, Sony and Playstation have a lot of attention as there is a new generation around the corner and with that increased interest, it is bringing the problems. I'd argue that if you compare the plonkers and trolls in comparison to the daily traffic, they are an incredibly small minority but unfortunately they are a loud and highly visible minority and they raise tensions and atmosphere.

It is sad that something so exciting, like a major AAA sequel for a beloved franchise has moved away from the merits of the game into something so ridiculous.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Draco_V_Ecliptic

@KratosMD Judging by your name I imagine you've played God Of War (2018) Did you beat all the Valkyries and dragons? I'm gunning for those trophies at the moment, but the Valkyries seem h*lla hard!

"Guinevere herself was unworthy of the love she inspired, but then a queen steps so lightly even when crushing a louse."

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

KratosMD

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Honestly I just randomly picked a username when creating this account, lol. But yeah I've actually played through all the God of War games, including 2018. I did beat all the Valkyries and dragons, although I had to lower the difficulty to Easy when I faced the final Valkyrie since I just couldn't beat her. Difficulty level doesn't affect the trophies either, so you could just play beat all of them on a lower difficulty level and still get the trophy.

KratosMD

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD My mistake, I obviously got my wires crossed and don't recall exactly what was said on that thread. My understanding though is there are a whole load of changes planned to the site, including better communication/notification of when these things happen. At the moment the staff would have to manually contact each individual, which at the moment I think is a bit unrealistic to expect that.

The staff do moderate the site though, I think you are being but unfair on them here. If you are unhappy on something, then report it or contact them about it. The more people that do this, the more it flags to them.

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.

There is no longer a good time to release a game. There are only less s**t times to release a game

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

What an excellent video machine and the dedication of two hours practice has to be admired!

Can't say that the controller looks all that comfortable though..

Thrillho

nessisonett

Hope all you lot down south enjoy your extra metre, we’ve still got a bit left to go up here before opening up!

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

LieutenantFatman

@Thrillho
lol, definitely a lad of few words, I wonder if he won. The graphics in those days were really something.

LieutenantFatman

Rudy_Manchego

@nessisonett Even before the pandemic I tried to stay at least a metre away from people because I'm just unsociable. So all is back to normal for me!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Rudy_Manchego

Just seen that Star Wars Episode 1: Racer dropped across platforms this week. I am deep into TLOU2 right now but tempted just because of how much I loved the game on N64. Might wait for reviews though.

Draco_V_Ecliptic

@Rudy_Manchego What do you think of NG4 to Playstation ports in general? I didn't think the remake of Goldeneye was as good as it's N64 counterpart.

"Guinevere herself was unworthy of the love she inspired, but then a queen steps so lightly even when crushing a louse."

Draco_V_Ecliptic

I am thinking of picking up the original King's Field game, despite high criticism of it's great difficulty on here (someone put me off buying it before) but it's a spiritual predecessor to the Souls games, and a title by From Software , who are known for quality. Can I get a second, nay, even third opinion?

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic It’s borderline unplayable, hugely inaccessible, pretty much impossibly difficult.... but if you get past that then you’ll love it 😂😂

Socks before or after trousers, but never socks before pants, that's the rule. Makes a man look scary, like a chicken.

Rudy_Manchego

@Draco_V_Ecliptic This is a direct port really with some minor control/graphical upgrades but not much more than that. I sort of prefer that rather than the ports of Goldeneye etc. which were essentially full remakes that lost a lot of the charm of the original.

I love N64 games and have an original console but I don't have a CRT and that makes a lot of games almost unplayable on an HD tv. Emulation on N64 is also patchy and you really need a good PC to force through any sort of emulation at this stage and there is a lot of fiddling. I'm waiting for Eon to release a PAL N64 plug in upscaler but that will be at least £100.

So I'm all for ports like Episode One Racer because it means some great games are playable on my favourite setup.

Rudy_Manchego

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Ooh no - will have to have a google. My friend had an N64 at the time and I bought one cheap late into its life but really only used it for a multiplayer games with my housemates of the time - so Goldeneye, Mario Kart, ISS soccer.

nessisonett

@Rudy_Manchego I always found my Wii U pretty decent for emulation, you could run NES, SNES, N64, Cube and Wii games all perfectly due to the VC emulators and the Wii menu doesn’t remove the Cube support despite not being able to put discs in the console. I always found it a bloody nightmare trying to rip carts compared to discs though. I think that’s mostly considered the best way to play these games on modern TVs, I know speedrunning games like Ocarina of Time, they use the Wii VC. I also play the randomizer quite a bit and general feeling is that the Wii is a better emulator than PCs for whatever reason. The scene’s made some big progress in recent years, even PS3 is looking not too bad but for whatever reason, the only console that’s impossible to emulate is the OG Xbox! There goes any way to play Jet Set Radio Future outside the original hardware 😢

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic