Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,801 to 3,820 of 10,093

kyleforrester87

@nessisonett I know, I really don’t know how you translate that information over to 6 characters fighting 8 enemies all loaded with random buffs and nerfs, in real time.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Jaz007

@kyleforrester87 That's fantastic to hear and makes me want it all the more. It will be an actual D&D game, which is nice because pretty much all D&D games aren't D&D as much generic fantasy games that forgot what D&D is about, and if they don't, they screw up the combat or something in a way that it's astounding the developers put it past discussing it in a room.

Jaz007

nessisonett

@kyleforrester87 Sounds good, gives my poor space bar a rest 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Thanks as I'd totally forgotten enough it all. Reminds me that I need to play the first Original Sin.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 Original: Sin

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 @nessisonett @Jaz007 The cinematic trailer looked very Lovecraftian, were the previous games like that? I've only played the Dark Alliance games and iirc they were just ya normal D&D fantasy stuff.

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Nope, I just don't buy Christmas cards!

@Th3solution We've never really done it in our family, only for special occasions like birthdays or major wedding anniversaries we give each other cards. Stuff like Easter, Mothers Day and all the rest we don't bother with.

Thrillho

I like Easter as you can get some really nice chocolate for next to nothing in the week after it.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Yeah that's true, some places clear the stock though as I went to do that one year and there was not a chocolate egg to be found anywhere.

RogerRoger

@Th3solution It's the "Love Day" episode of The Simpsons which broke me free from the hypnotic clutches of Clinton's Cards. A pragmatist like you would enjoy that episode, I'd say!

@JohnnyShoulder Same here. People's birthdays are important, because it's their day, but I otherwise resist mass celebrations (and put up with the subsequent protests of my family). I've only succumbed to February 14 out of fear; the one time I don't do anything to mark the day, he'll get me something and I'll feel awful. Which is exactly what he's admitted to doing every year, too. It's like a scale model of the Cold War's mutually assured destruction. Such romance!

I'm a random gifter. Whenever I see something I know somebody needs or would like, I get it and give it to them. Don't need no calendar to give me permission to be kind.

That's how I ended up in Paris last Thursday (and not a moment too soon, from the looks of things).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

kyleforrester87

Helping a mate clear some stuff to the dump today. I love hauling crap into a van. Reminds me of being a kid and helping my dad!!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger meh i don't really care about birthdays, growing up poor they was never a big deal and by the time i was old enough to go out a celebrate i was working anyway

you know i don't think i have ever had a actual birthday party and to be honest it never bothered me

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@kyleforrester87 You've reminded me of a funny / embarrassing memory. I once helped my cousin pack for a move, before then sticking around to be an extra pair of hands loading the truck. On the bottom of a single cardboard packing box, one amidst many dozens, I wrote "If you're reading this, pick it back up, you dozy idiot!" as a joke, thinking nobody would ever see it. I subsequently forgot which box it was.

As my cousin and I stacked boxes at the rear of the truck, one of the removals chaps fumbled and dropped a box. It was the only accident of the day.

Guess which box it was and, worse, guess who they thought had written it?

@FullbringIchigo Nor should it. People always insist on marking my birthday, but it's totally for their own benefit and it drives me up the wall. As far as I'm concerned, you're not missing anything.

If somebody wants to celebrate their birthday, then I'll play along. But never on a general holiday.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger same, it always feels they put the fuss up more for themselves than for you

i agree with data

Untitled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Whenever anybody asks me what I want for my birthday now, I just answer "to be left alone for a day, please" and then I'll order myself whatever's at the top of my Amazon Wish List a couple days beforehand. I'm the birthday equivalent of the Grinch!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic