Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,441 to 3,460 of 10,077

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula Yeah it's certainly better than a few years ago when Klitschko dominated. That was well boring.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

DerMeister

@KratosMD And how many of those are in the first four months? Jeez we're already loaded.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Gremio108

@KratosMD The ones I'm eyeing up aren't short experiences either. Cyberpunk and Nioh 2 are big ones for me and they're going to take me a couple of months each at least, probably more.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Dude, you missed out LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga. At least make me feel like I'm welcome here by including something I'll actually play!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Cyberwhat and the Last of Who?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Gremio108 Did you ever finish the first Nioh? Somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to remember you had borrowed it from a friend and never finished it. Not sure why I remember that. It sounds creepy but I promise it’s just my weird memory. I’m not a stalker ... 😒 probably.
Edit: Never mind, I see in the other thread that you did finish it. I guess I missed that. You must have liked it.
Now I see that I did forget you haven’t played Horizon Zero Dawn, which is an unforgivable sin.

@KratosMD Part of the reason I haven’t bought a Switch is because I can’t keep up with all the good games on just one console, much less two.

@RogerRoger “Cyberwhat and the Last of Who” sounds like the title of a children’s book. 😂 Or a really bad animated movie from the 80’s.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

WanderingBullet

Games that I'm looking forward to for next year:

Most likely to get:
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Ghost of Tsushima
Granblue Fantasy: ReLink
Tales of Arise
The Last of Us: Part II
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim

Maybes:
Digimon: Survive
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
Marvel's Avengers
Persona 5 Royal
Persona 5 Scramble
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Trials of Mana
Yakuza: Like a Dragon

So many games..... O_0 I'll probably only end up getting 5-7 games.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Gremio108

@Th3solution Yep, I finished Nioh in the spring, after a false start last year. You're right I did indeed borrow it off a friend. A very patient friend, since it took me so long. I'm surprised you didn't see the credits rolling while you were looking through my window with those binoculars.........

Whenever I tell someone I haven't played Horizon Zero Dawn yet, they react in the same way, which tells me I should probably get on with it and that it's rather good. Anyway, I've put it on my Christmas list, so hopefully I can soon atone for my sins.

Gremio108

@RogerRoger 'Cyberwhat and the Last of Who' is truly one of Dr Seuss' finest works

Th3solution

@Gremio108 Lol, I’m a pathetic stalker. I was just noticing how you had listed it in your completed backlog. You must have finished it that day that your new curtains came in. They’re lovely by the way.

But yeah, my albatross to carry as been The Witcher 3, and to a lesser extent God of War. The praise became so high for Witcher 3 that the poor game never had a chance of pleasing me by the time I finally tried it this year. Maybe I’ll go back to it, but the disappointment over it has hindered my enjoyment of what would have otherwise been a great game experience. I’ve yet to boot up GoW, but all the accolades have expectations likewise very high.
So don’t worry about HZD. You’ll enjoy it best if you play it when you’re in the mood.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Rudy_Manchego

@Th3solution Interesting one on The Witcher 3 - I am not really into it on Switch but I played about 8-10 hours on PS4 and struggled. I could not get the hype at the time. I found this time that it really picked up after 15 hours which is a huuuuuge committment for me. In fact, if it wasn't the Switch where I was playing a bit at a time, i would probably have given up. There are some design decisions and missions at the start that really don't make sense.

I think sometimes waiting some time and going back to it by choice and at your own pace can help or also accepting a game just isn't clicking and moving on.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

@Rudy_Manchego @Arugula Agreed.
I have had times when I go back to a game later and the enjoyment is better for a game after time away, probably mostly due to having a better state of mind or being in the right mood. In truth, that happened to me for Horizon Zero Dawn, actually. I thoroughly enjoyed it when I came back to complete the last half several months after starting it at release. The hype had died down and playing it at my own pace seemed to heighten that ‘thrill of discovery’ that you mention.

RogerRoger

@LN78 Seeing as mine is still in its box, I couldn't tell you (yet).

But never worry about LEGO difficulty. Even its most complex of moments is easily-decoded in the simple, language-free instructions. It really does depend on how long you wanna make it last, I guess. Took me two hours to build the 20th Anniversary Rebel Snowspeeder set last week, simply because I had music on and needed to decompress. If I'd just wanted it done, I probably could've halved that time.

With something like an Ultimate Collector's Series set, you're looking at days, though. My two largest sets (the UCS Slave One and the Batman '66 Batcave) took me multiple sessions, each spread out across a couple weeks. Otherwise it just isn't fun.

Thankfully, all the pieces come in numbered bags, so it's easy to do a bit and then come back to it later.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

Just gone through our 'Secret Santa' at work - I did quite well Wanted Inquisitor Martyr for a little while now!
Untitled

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@LN78 No, I went to the LEGO Store in Bluewater Shopping Centre, 9pm on its release day, Black Friday (which appeared to be a viable tactic to beat the crowds, as I wasn't the only thirty-something social-anxiety-riddled manchild carrying a Burtonmobile out of there).

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@LN78 I haven't, but my partner has, quite a bit. He trusts them, and their shipping is pretty good. I'd say it's as safe as anywhere else!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@LN78 Not at all. Hope you enjoy; you'll have to let me know how it goes, as you'll likely finish yours before I even manage to get mine started!

Making It So Since 1987

Jaz007

Well, gaming history has taken a hit. Gamerankings.com is now a part of metacritic. Gamerankings incredibly comprehensive list of games has taken a hit, (I could only find Twisted Metal Small Brawl instead of all of them), the layout and search is now much clunkier, messier, and less comprehensive, the rankings system now has more bias (I'm pretty sure IGN's score gets more weight than a number of other critics), doesn't sort by system (which can be important for say, Skyrim PS3 Vs. 360 and making sure a specific version was played in general). I loved gamerankings as a resource for reviews, games new and old. Now the history is much harder and the site layout is genuinely terrible compared to the nice long clean list of reviews gamerankings gave you. I don't know why they had to combine. It looks like less of merger and more one just got destroyed honestly.

Jaz007

RogerRoger

@Jaz007 That genuinely sucks. The state of games journalism, and the weight given to Metacritic rankings and numbered scores, really does my head in sometimes. I'm sure you're not alone in voicing your criticism; maybe they'll revert back to a "classic" site design if enough people complain?

@KALofKRYPTON Apologies, I missed your post yesterday, but I just wanted to note that A: your office does its Secret Santa really early, and B: how lucky are you to get a PS4 game?! Spent years talking about gaming to my colleagues, and the best I ever got was a mouse mat with a picture of Sonic the Hedgehog on it. You've done gosh-darn well for yourself this year!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
The timing is mostly my fault as I break up for the year today and we have a couple of folks who don't work Fridays

Secret Santa is a pretty serious business around here - I'd be lying if I said I hadn't made it abundantly clear what I wanted and where to get it
Thankfully my Secret Santa has a gamer husband and kid too. Though they were apparently (obviously) entirely unaware of the game itself - and Warhammer anything!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic