Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 10,080

Heavyarms55

@Octane With the way Bethesda has been in recent years, I would agree completely. Your worry is extremely justified. I'd like to know what happened to them but the answer is probably the usual: corporate people and the business side of things warping game development to squeeze every last penny out of a game.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Interesting. I've never seen it.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

HallowMoonshadow

I finally won something.

So there may've been a FEW more prizes up for grabs then there usually are. Ten. Twenty... Or a hundred. πŸ˜‚

Still got a copy of Iconoclasts for nothin' which is fine by me

Had quick look at it last night at 1am. Looks quite nice but It'll have to wait til after The Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 2!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Congratulations!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @KALofKRYPTON @Ralizah Same here in my Vita OLED screen β€” blotchy areas on the dark screen which disappear once any image is displayed. It’s been there as long as I remember too. Glad I’m not the only one.
And as far as the down-res imaging I notice it most when trying to play remote play. The graphics look great on the little screen until you need to read small text in a game’s menu or subtitles. Makes some games unplayable via remote play.

β€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

Upon reading up on it... the fact it was made as a labour of love by a single person over the course of eight years (it came out last year ) makes me feel a teensy bit guilty now I got it for free @RogerRoger lol πŸ˜…

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I played Iconoclasts when it came to PS+. It's... very flawed, but has an unusually complex narrative focus for a 2D platformer. I think it's more designed for fans of story-focused games than people who'd usually want to play an indie-developed exploratory platformer.

Anyway, congrats on winning it! I look forward to eventually hearing your thoughts on it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Cheers @Ralizah!

Ralizah wrote:

but has an unusually complex narrative focus for a 2D platformer.

That really caught me off guard actually. It being 1am and I REALLY should've been in bed as I had to wake up in 5 hours to get ready for work didn't help mind πŸ˜‚

At the start there was just the ol' "Oh there's a noise... I best go look at what that is" chestnut and threw me into the gameplay and a boss within the first ten minutes.

I thought that was signalling it was going to be pure gameplay...

Only to get back to the house and it suddenly started laying on all the story and the word sins was thrown about loads and I was quite surprised.

I will say just from very minor first impressions that the character pixel art already looks a lot better from what I saw of Celsete from your review a few weeks back!

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh yeah, the pixel art is awesome and fairly detailed. Its deficiencies do not relate at all to presentation or performance.

Already started it, then? Or just checking it out briefly?

The world in Iconoclasts is a theocracy of sorts, so you'll hear a lot of religious language. It's a very cool setting.

Edited on by Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

More just a quick peek to see what it was like @Ralizah as I didn't know anything about it til reading it up on it during my lunch break earlier.

I can quite happily leave it for a while as I've said before unlike most of you on here I don't really have a backlog to speak of. There's maybe 5 titles I haven't played/beat in my collection, only really buying when I need/want to

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy If I include my Steam library, I probably have 300+ games in my backlog. Steam sales and humble bundles, where you can sometimes pay wildly low prices for collections of games, have made it so that I'll likely always have a backlog on there. And that's OK when you consider that probably 10 - 15 of those are, on average, the price equivalent of one brand new $60 game.

On console, it's a lot more conservative. I usually have 5 - 10 games in my backlog for my modern systems, and 1 - 3 for my older ones. Although, if I include PS+ titles, I have a pretty sizeable one on PS4.

There are a few Switch games I'm not done with (Fire Emblem; DQXI S; Mega Man Legacy Collection 2; FFXII), but I've been making a concerted effort to not develop much of a backlog for the system and have mostly succeeded.

Edited on by Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Ralizah wrote:

If I include my Steam library, I probably have 300+ games in my backlog

... I may have only 200-300 games in my whole collection across 8 consoles and my 22 years of gaming

300 games in my backlog would drive me up the wall as the pressure of what to play'd be too much! πŸ˜‚

The rest sounds a lot more my style and comfort levels!

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Since you can create categories in Steam, I've separated games into tiers. Tier 1 for the games I'm excited to play. Tier 2 for the ones I'd like to get around to when possible. Tier 3 for stuff that I may or may not play. Tier 4 for terrible games, multiplayer games, and mobile phone ports that I'll likely never touch.

Tier 3 + 4 comprise games I incidentally received in bundles, mainly, that I don't care about, so no problems if I never get to them.

Additionally, I'm thinking about making a separate section on my shelf for the physical games in my backlog that I'm most excited for (I can just delete digital games, so that's whatever), which will also help with questions of what to play next.

Edited on by Ralizah

WanderingBullet

So I've been watching some Fallen Order gameplay videos on YouTube and I noticed that you usually don't face more than three enemies at any given time. Most of the time you're usually fighting only between 1 to 3 enemies.

The traversal animations needs a bit of work , imo.
@2:45 Also, those plants that you can bounce on looks so silly.lol

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Kidfried

@WanderingBullet Wow, that looks like an early 00's licensed game. Could be a very fun game to play by the way, but that's a way different game from what I was expecting!

I don't even know if I'm less or more intrigued now.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

mookysam

Bleurgh I'm now in hospital for the sixth night and can't hold my Vita properly because of the cannula in my hand. :-/

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

mookysam

@crimsontadpoles Cheers. Don't have a discharge date yet, but hopefully by the end of the week. Then I can get back to my backlog. πŸ˜‚

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

HallowMoonshadow

Oh jeez @mookysam! Never saw this til now, hope you get better and outta hospital soon!

JohnnyShoulder

@mookysam Get well soon, hope you get back to gaming comfortably quickly.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic