Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 2,581 to 2,600 of 10,104

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Hmmmm .... should I max out Mortal Kombat 11 or buy a new car? πŸ€”

I jest, of course. I haven’t ever properly owned a MK game and I don’t think I’ve ever actually dropped more than $60 into any one game. I don’t buy DLC as a rule, except when I wait and buy GOTY or complete editions. But I know most people don’t have issue with purchasing extra content for a game that they like, but $6440... that certainly seems excessive and in a whole other stratosphere. πŸ˜…
But I think there may be some of those kids buying stuff on Fortnite without parents consent that may be rivaling that number though. Amazing.

Edited on by Th3solution

β€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

@Th3solution

I bought Mortal kombat XL for $5... A steal and quite fun indeed... Netherealm ain't getting anymore then that off of me as long as they're with scummy ol' WB Games.

They apparently learnt nothing from the Shadow Of War controversy πŸ˜…

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Kidfried Lol, exactly.
As a value proposition it seems hard to justify buying all that extra content. But I guess someone out there will do it. Perhaps it’s no different than someone dropping $6000 on a trip to Disney World or a tropical vacation. Once it’s over, all you have are the memories.
Still, to me it seems an awful huge investment on just one game. πŸ˜‹

β€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Did you play Injustice 2? I think I’m going to play that to scratch my next fighter itch. The complete edition is going cheap and I like the DC comic lore better than the MK characters.

HallowMoonshadow

Nope!

You'll have to ask me again @Th3solution when the enhanced edition is on offer for five bucks/pounds. Whichever gets it cheaper first πŸ˜‚

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It may be a while until it hits $5. πŸ˜‹ you can barely find Injustice 1 for that. But I have seen IJ2 Legendary Ed for like $15 on sale at retail. Usually it’s $30. Now that MK11 is out maybe they’ll discount it more quickly tho.
Depends how many players spend $6000 on the upgrades πŸ˜‚

HallowMoonshadow

@Th3solution Injustice 1 is on sale on PSN fairly frequently at $5 I think.

In fact when I got MKXL Injustice was also on offer for the same price!

Kidfried

Can't we just ban anyone from the site who doubts Kojima's greatness?

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

Only if we get a gorgeous FoxEngine MGS 3 from Konami in return @Kidfried

... that y'know... isn't a pachinko machine

🎡 What a thriillllllllll 🎡

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

mookysam

🎡 Some day you feed on a tree frog. 🎡

Edited on by mookysam

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

HallowMoonshadow

🎡 Criiiiiiiiiiiiiiime, it's the waaaay I fly toooooooo youuuuuuuuuuu (Snake Eater) 🎡

Kidfried

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"Words that kill!
Would you speak them to me?
With your breath so still, it makes me believe"

MGS5 😁

Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

MGSV:TPP is ok... S'no snake eater or MGS 1 though @Kidfried

HallowMoonshadow

Awww we need you for much more then just being the MGSV apologist @Kidfried!

So how's everyone doing today?

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy The day is closing in on being over almost for me, but I can’t leave that question hanging in the air like that ... so β€” doing fine, thank you.
... oh, and MGSV:TPP is the best Metal Gear game. 😁

HallowMoonshadow

Th3solution wrote:

... oh, and MGSV:TPP is the best Metal Gear game. 😁

❔❕

...MGSV:TPP... the best metal gear game?

Fight me!

Joke.

It's definitely gorgeous and has some great gameplay.

But it doesn't have an amazing bond like theme song like snake eater does!

Or Cam Clarke as liquid in MGS with the legendary line of "Snake, did you like my sunglasses?" πŸ˜‚

Joking again, like them for much more then that

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

HallowMoonshadow

... I... honestly don't remember that song at all @Kidfried . Played it once back in 2015 πŸ˜…

I really need to replay it again... Especially with my bestest boi D-Dog by my side

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic