Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 22/23 season

Posts 241 to 260 of 663

QualityGeezer

@Gremio108 I dont blame you, I would too after the weekend lol. Inspired choice of captain tho, kudos to you sir 💪👍

QualityGeezer

sorteddan

Yeah Son as captain was an inspired move, I had a hunch he was going to be dropped/rested for that match. Wasn't expecting the impact cameo he had - couple of really good goals as well.

I got a front three who all scored and still had a disappointing weekend... Go figure!

Anyway amazingly that's all the games until October so it's probably fair to summise that I won't be getting two consecutive manager of the month awards.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Gremio108

@QualityGeezer I captained him last week as well, I knew it was coming, although I must admit I was a bit worried when he got benched.
As a result, I didn't watch the game, and when I looked on BBC sport I saw his face in the thumbnail before I even read the headline, and my heart just melted

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

QualityGeezer

Proper football starts again this weekend some very tasty fixtures as well, I'm interested if Brighton can keep their early season form up with a new manager

QualityGeezer

JohnnyShoulder

@QualityGeezer As a Liverpool fan, I hope not. And I will be more than happy if Salah and Trent score some points now that I've taken them out of my squad.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

QualityGeezer

@JohnnyShoulder me and you both I have a few Brighton lads in my team tho be interesting if they still perform

QualityGeezer

Mostik

@JohnnyShoulder You made the decision I am considering - taking Salah out! He has to start picking up points soon surely, he is too pricey to leave too long without getting the points!

Going to be interesting this weekend with a couple of derbies, hope Haaland doesn't tare us a new one on Saturday!

Mostik

BearsEatBeets

Back to a normal football weekend and I still end up with 3 players not starting. With one of my subs injured I'll have to hope one of them comes on and does something at some point.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

I should have realised earlier that September's games finished a while ago but nevertheless here is the shout out to the master of the unusual month.

September Manager of the Month goes to @Gremio108

Well done, put yourself right into the incredibly close battle in the middle of the league.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

I was beginning to regret transferring out Lloris when I found out he was playing, then I saw the scoreline of the lunch time match and felt a bit better.

@Mostik For me Salah has to do better than picking up the odd or assist now and again for his price in the game. He will no doubt come good eventually, but he is too expensive for his output at the moment.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Gremio108

@BearsEatBeets Thank you very much. All it took was the death of a monarch and a ton of cancelled games to rediscover my form.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

QualityGeezer

I've used my triple captain on Salah hope I dont regret it

QualityGeezer

JohnnyShoulder

And there is me thinking I lost two clean sheets from Schar and Trippier with Fulham scoring a consolation goal in the 88th minute, only to find out they got subbed before the goal was scored!

Mostik

@JohnnyShoulder He will be a gonna after this weekend mate, just 1 assist, think I will get better value out of Diaz and might get Bobby in up front.

Mostik

JohnnyShoulder

@Mostik Hopefully we can jinx them into actually turning up for a game this season.

QualityGeezer

Typical I didn't captain Haaland thought it would be a tight game lol

QualityGeezer

QualityGeezer

And I transferred foden out 🤔😱🤦‍♂️

QualityGeezer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic