Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 22/23 season

Posts 261 to 280 of 663

BearsEatBeets

I wish I'd noticed both Arsenal and Man City aren't playing Gameweek 12. I've got 3 players from both teams and I've already done my changes for Gameweek 12. Hopefully lots of people are in a similar situation as most of the most popular players are from those teams. Apparently Haaland is in 84% of teams, that has to be record.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Lol, I have 3 from each as well. Might need to use my free hit!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets @nessisonett Yep same here. Anyone know the reasons why?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder
I think it's due to the Arsenal PSV match which was due to be played the day (or maybe day after) the queen passed and footie got cancelled. Is now being played on the 20th.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@sorteddan Ah OK. Hope she realised how much chaos she has caused.

How you finding life at the top half of the league? Hope you are not getting dizzy or anything.

I'm slowly crawling my way up. Don't want to get a nose bleed.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder
Well I was keeping quiet and hoping nobody noticed I was up there! Had a good run at the top but now overtaken and beginning the inevitable decline - seems like all my players are picking up injuries, this week Diaz and Trent and now possibly Reece James as well... have been trying to reduce the number of Arsenal and City players I had but having to cope with the injured players hasn't allowed it.
But I'll keep plodding on and hope for a miracle.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@sorteddan Looks like Diaz is out until after the world Cup and trent until end of this month. I might take Jesus out as I'm not too happy about him play acting over the weekend, and he has not been scoring a great amount of points recently.

QualityGeezer

I've kinda given up on this season me and my mate had a joke about it the weekend I picked what i thought were bankers Bowen, Antonio mount Salah and they have all been shocking lol my mates a hammer so he's forbidden me to have any of their players in my team lol

QualityGeezer

BearsEatBeets

Any thoughts of me not using my free hit next gameweek are totally gone. Already got rid of Diaz this weekend but now know James is out for a couple of months and Maddison (who I only put in last week) will be suspended. On top of the Arsenal, Man City players I’d probably only be able to put out half a team.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah the Maddison suspension will probably tip me over the edge to use my free hit next week.

I see all the games are on Amazon Prime next week. Bet they will be gutted the Arsenal v Man City game got postponed too. Especially if the rescheduled match is on SKY, not sure if it could work that way or not.

nessisonett

Left Sá on the bench. Now I’m sád.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I must have swapped between him and Ward from Leicester half a dozen times. It it unusual for me to have two first choice keepers, as I usually choose the cheapest one as my second keeper.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I have him and Pope and must have just forgotten to switch Sá in. Pope might be a great keeper but I reckon Man U will get a goal or two.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I'm not certain but fairly sure Amazon got the rights to the fixture so will get to show it whenever they figure out where to put all these extra fixtures. I quite like when Amazon has fixtures as they always seem to show all the games and you can choose which to watch live and can still watch others whenever you want.

I'm kind of hoping for a goal fest in this afternoon's game with the result going Liverpool's way of course. But if it takes all my City players blanking to get a result, so be it.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Never been happier that a goal cost me 5 points. Anyone got Alisson? Goalkeeper assists are so rare they should be worth 10 points or something.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

Don’t know if everyone’s aware but this gameweek is mid-week. Thought I’d get my free hit in while I can.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett All on Prime as well. Yeah I played my free hit last night too. This is when I do amazingly well, then start thirsting after this team when it switched back next game week! 😂

nessisonett

Even with my free hit, I still did rubbish this week 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Same here!

If anyone has Alisson in their team, they had a good couple of weeks from him!

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I’m just annoyed I switched Pope out for Sá after being burned at the weekend! Two Newcastle defenders though, always a risk to bet on the keeper at the same time.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic