Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 20/21 season.

Posts 181 to 200 of 646

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets @nessisonett Ha Ha! 92 points in the end now that bonus points have come in. Could had a few more points if got my teams selection bob on. Which I've only ever done a handful of times. Hopefully get some consistency going now. This week feel pointless if I only score something like 30 points.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

With both Van Dijk and De Bruyne out for who knows how long, I guess I’m going to have to dump one of them this week’s transfer window.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

Only got Coady left to play so a Wolves clean sheet this evening will be handy. I've dropped another place or two but it all seems relatively close still so not too worried yet. Probably should stop trying risky gambles with captain choice though, he ended up being my joint lowest scorer.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I would probably take a 4 point hit and get both them out this week. Especially as they are on the more expensive end.

@BearsEatBeets Yeah always try to play it safe with your captain. If you have a player in form make him captain, much more chance of the scoring a substantial number of points then someone that is not in form. Pretty obvious thing to say I know, but sometimes you need to take the emotion out of the decision and think with your head and not your heart.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder For the most part I agree with you and having a team of the most consistent point scorers is the way to go. Still every now and then I think the best of way climbing places is to take a gamble on a more risky player that most other players may overlook. Calvert-Lewin having a great game doesn't mean as much now as a large majority of teams will have him and all get the same points. Admittedly it probably won't pay off most of the time but can be great when it does. Plus it's part of the fun for me.
Still going by the league it's hard to argue it's effective right now but I usually come good by the finish line.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

Never have I been so happy to see a 0-0 draw! Solid points for Tarky which is good as I’ve been wondering whether to cut my losses with Burnley being that rubbish recently but really need to dump my crippled/generally not feeling very well men.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yeah I had Pope as keeper but ditched him this week.

Time to use your wildcard maybe?

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I used it last week after Alisson got injured, Martial was useless and my defence was losing me points every week. Still, it shouldn’t be too much of a hit points wise. Plus, from the sounds of it, De Bruyne is just knackered, rather than having a specific injury so I might stick with him.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Ah ok, yeah maybe bench him for now as long as he is not out for too long. Pains me even to think about VVD at the moment, so not going there lol.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I’ve found it painful to think about VVD for years now. Oh what Celtic could have done with that £76 million rather than £14 million...

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Aye, Saints have done quite well from us over the years.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Just when you reach the top of the league (I'm pretty sure that's your team) we've had another rando join in straight at the top to spoil it. Looking at their game weeks though it's mostly down to one epic scoring week. It looks like I might have to think up a different way of giving out the code next time so it only goes to people who want to contribute to the thread, even if it means a smaller league.

Also to everyone, a quick mention that a Friday game starts the next game week so the deadline for changes is 18:30 (UK) Friday. (Just in case anyone hadn't spotted it.)

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah that is annoying. You do have the power to kick teams out of the league. There is that Celtic team that can be gone.
I think you can reset the pass code, so if anyone wants to join then have at least post to get the pass code.

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder yeah I think I'll let it fly at the moment. I'll probably just create a new league rather than renew next season and stipulate from the start that you should be interested in contributing some banter/discussion to take part. I'm not expecting everyone to input as much as the 3 of us but at least add some thoughts like Arugula and Gremio.
Just need to think of a good way of giving out the code without posting it on here. Or maybe any team that appears next season without introducing yourself gets kicked. In the meantime hopefully some of the other players will decide to share some thoughts.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah thats what I suggested a few weeks ago about people posting on here. For my work league anyone we don't have an email address for gets kicked out.

The only thing I can think of at the moment is something like getting them to send you a friend request on PSN and giving them the code that way. But that would mean you might get some randoms on your friend list.

nessisonett

I’m just imagining these lurkers like “hee hee hoo hoo I joined this league to beat you”

nessisonett

@Arugula Oooof, I was wondering if somebody had him!

nessisonett

@Arugula Well I’m playing Maupay instead of Lacazette so that one could go either way too!

Interesting to see the time-traveller who decided to triple captain Bamford who’s got highest points this week so far, I literally couldn’t imagine the thought process behind that unless they have a TARDIS.

Edited on by nessisonett

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett It what @BearsEatBeets mentioned last week, some people take a gamble. 95% of the time it doesn't come off so requires a bit of luck for the stars to align.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.