Forums

Topic: Push Square Game Club Spooktacular: Resident Evil 4

Posts 521 to 540 of 2,131

phil_j

Just popped the platinum with a 4th survivor run-through. Had to use a video walkthrough for that one (and turn the sound off). I couldn't cope with the stress, damn it's intense. My chest is pounding. 😂

phil_j

nessisonett

Right, it looks like everyone’s pretty much wrapping up their playthroughs so I’m going to open the voting for the next game. I know it was supposed to be Devil May Cry 5 but the Special Edition comes out in a couple of weeks and I’d prefer to give people a bit of time to pick that up if they have a PS5. Having a look at the Black Friday sale on the PS Store as well as other cheapish games, options include:

Undertale
Cuphead
God of War 2018
Control
Mortal Shell
Crysis Remastered
Uncharted 4
Streets of Rage 4
Ace Attorney Trilogy
Catherine Full Body

Also, Devil May Cry 1-4 are on sale for anyone who would prefer to play an earlier entry.

Number your 3 chosen games 1, 2, 3 so that we can decide on a schedule for the foreseeable future and voting closes on Friday!

@RogerRoger @ralphdibny @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @JohnnyShoulder @ralphdibny @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Trisque @Col_McCafferty

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LieutenantFatman

I'd be up for playing:

1) Hyper Light Drifter
2) Invisible, Inc. Console Edition
3) Guacamelee! 2
4) Star Wars Squadrons
The Banner Saga
Nex Machina
Xcom 2
Dead Cells

LieutenantFatman

ralphdibny

@nessisonett cheers for the tag but I'll probably sit this one out due to lack of time unless it's something thats short/on my radar already (I've been sitting out the PureXbox game club for the same reason despite creating the thread for it lol)

I did write a list of short/on my radar games but actually I'll just leave it and just join in if you all happen to pick one that tallies up with what I'm playing next

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

crimsontadpoles

Ace Attorney, Undertale, and Cuphead are wonderful, so I'll happily recommend them. I don't feel like replaying them just yet, though I'll be interested in reading people's thoughts on them if they're the popular choice.

@nessisonett From looking at what others have nominated and what's on sale, my picks are:
1) Uncharted 4
2) Catherine Full Body
3) Gravity Rush Remastered
4) God of War (2018)

Th3solution

I was planning to play God of War next anyways. That would be my first choice. I actually thought I was the last PS4 owner left who hasn’t played it, but I guess not.

And as I said on the other thread, I’d be in for a playthrough of Undertale, if there was some interest. I never really got going with the game when I tried it and I think I might benefit from playing with others. I’d make that my second choice.

The next two candidates on my intended play list are A Plague Tale, and Life is Strange 2.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

ralphdibny

@Th3solution I haven't played god of war either, I know it's a sort of soft reboot of the franchise but I was kind of planning to play the first 6 games. I have all of them on ps3 but only played the first. I don't think I'm gonna buy this new one for similar reasons that I didn't get Resi 2

See ya!

RogerRoger

Okay, well, I did just buy (and therefore bring up) Undertale. I wasn't planning on playing it right away but, if that's where the group goes, I'll definitely join in. I started a LEGO game yesterday, which wouldn't be the most demanding or attention-grabbing thing to play in parallel.

Things I could also replay, which other folks have mentioned on this page, include Gravity Rush (which I'd play on PS Vita for comparative purposes), Life is Strange 2 and Uncharted 4.

@nessisonett I won't rank any of the above, as I'm insecure about dictating people's next game! Sorry!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@phil_j Congratulations on making it through! Can't imagine turning the sound off, though. In the PSone original, noise was the only way to tell if you were alone in a given space, thanks to the fixed camera angles. If I'd played on mute, I'd have sprinted into a quick death many times!

Play something nice and calm next as a reward!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

phil_j

@RogerRoger It was just for the 4th Survivor mode, which was mostly just about sprinting along the correct route, and knowing at what point to throw a grenade.

phil_j

Col_McCafferty

Of the games listed I own and have played both God of War and Uncharted 4 but intended on playing them again at some point, ideally though on the PS5.

The others I don't own or have no interest in playing if I'm being honest with the exception of Control but waiting for a PS5 for that one!

Col_McCafferty

RogerRoger

@phil_j Makes sense, then! Would definitely do the same in your shoes!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I'll probably buy the PS classic version @RogerRoger at sone point as it wouldn't feel quite right replacing the disc version (Due to it being my late father's copy).

Good to hear you'll be giving Resident Evil 3 a shot at some point in the future! 😊

As for game club @nessisonett... Oh lord I have absolutely no idea to be honest. I dunno what I'm gonna play myself after Uncharted 1! 😅

I was going to suggest Deltarune (That first chapter teaser demo or whatever) at some point for game club as a palate cleanser or something due to it being a relatively short experience and the fact that it's free means pretty much everyone could play it... Though you do kinda need to be familar with Undertale as it is a successor/spiritual sequel... Whatever it is to undertale lol

If Undertale is selected though you could maybe add that to the mix too?

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yep, I actually played Deltarune roughly 10-15 minutes after release on PC, cleared it in a couple of hours and then have never played it again! It would definitely be interesting to revisit it but it does rely on knowledge of Undertale so would be one for the future.

nessisonett

So from the looks of things, Undertale seems to be the most popular choice so I think we’ll go for that. Shouldn’t take us too long as it’s not a really long game even if you go for the true ending. It should generate discussion though! As always, choose whatever console you want, it’s on basically everything at this point. I’ll give people a couple of days to pick it up and then we’ll get started on Monday. First goal is to make it out of the ruins and we’ll see how long it takes everyone!

@RogerRoger @ralphdibny @phil_j @crimsontadpoles @Ralizah @JohnnyShoulder @ralphdibny @Th3solution @Thrillho @mookysam @LieutenantFatman @LobsterJohnson @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Tjuz @Kidfried @Octane @Trisque @Col_McCafferty

Th3solution

@nessisonett Sounds good. Hopefully I can start on Monday, I should be finished with Danganronpa V3 by then and possibly finished with my 2nd run in RE2 — I’m in the sewers now.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

I'll sit this one out, as I'm knee-deep in my own games. It's a lot of fun, though. Anyone with the stomach for it should attempt a genocide run after seeing the true ending, as it's utterly unique, has some awesomely challenging boss fights, and pretty radically changes the tone of the entire game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I never could bring myself to do that. I got the true ending and if you can go back and do that run afterwards then you’d surely have to be a monster 😅

Ralizah

@nessisonett The game certainly treats you like a monster. It's essential, though, because it completes the scope of the game's satire.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

mookysam

I only played Undertale a few months ago, so shall sit this one out. It’s a brilliant game though, so I hope everyone enjoys. 😀 Papyrus is hilarious!

@Ralizah Hmm, that’s a route I may take on a future replay. I found the pacifist route quite a challenge on the Vita given the battle system, but because I killed a few enemies near the beginning and didn’t want to restart ended up with a rather macabre ending. The game also remembered me defeating goat lady; when I quit and reloaded (largely because I felt guilty), I got a nasty surprise from the evil flower!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic