Forums

Topic: PUSH SQUARE GAME CLUB | MAY | Dave the Diver 🐠🦑🤿

Posts 741 to 760 of 772

Th3solution

@Bundersvessel I’ll stand on Life is Strange. But mostly I’ll just be playing Midnight Suns this month I think 😁

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Bundersvessel

@CaptD Right you are Captain!

@Th3solution Fully expected friend, I appreciate the response though

Thank you

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

sorteddan

I will be playing Dave the Diver next month anyhow.... And despite being one of the main contributors to this thread recently I still maintain that I'm not a game club member.
I may, however, continue to join in the upcoming discussion... Hey I kind of like it here.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Bundersvessel

@sorteddan Sounds like a vote to me... or a cry for help. I'll take either 👍

sorteddan

@Bundersvessel
Some rules I try to live by:

Don't join any clubs.
Don't vote.
Don't ask for help.

It is ok to cry out or just cry though. I do that quite often.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Bundersvessel

@sorteddan Not a fan of lots of chocolate on your biscuit then?

sorteddan

@Bundersvessel
That reference is as old as me 😂👍

But no. I always preferred a Blue Ribband.

CaptD

Started Dave the diver and it seems a wonderfully chill game , really apt for the up and coming summer. Reminds of some games on the 80s home consoles albeit obviously much more sophisticated and of course the old Sega classic...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RSgvQr9tV9Y

I think I'm gonna to take the game Nice and slow so just a few dives each day, in between playing a mission in Deliver Us Mars and probably Tunic next week.
Oh and one thing I did was change the option for spamming buttons to hold down, much better experience, for me at least.

CaptD

Bundersvessel

Untitled

Hello one and all! I hope you are all well and in fine fettle. Well gang, we made it, one whole year. 12 beautiful months and 12 (13) beautiful games. Thank you all so much for your support and continued engagement in our little club, even if at times it felt like there was only a few of us about, we kept going. I've really enjoyed following your thoughts and discussions on each game. So here's to you and another beautiful year, oh and @sorteddan, who is absolutely, proper definitely not a member. It has been an honour and a privilege to be your host.

So without further ado, your first game of year two is Dave the Diver a shiny new addition to the extra catalogue and is a deep sea exploration and management sushi restaurant thingy. It has gone down really well with critics and gamers alike. Some details courtesy of HLTB:

Untitled

As always start the game in your own time and on your platform of choice. Please be wary of potential spoilers and use appropriate tags pretty please.

Above all else, have fun and remember to get plenty of fresh air and lots of water 👍

Thank you all for your continued engagement and contributions

#PSQGAMECLUB

One love 👍

@Pizzamorg @Mr_B021 @QualityGeezer @KilloWertz @Th3solution @Ryne-Gaia @crimsontadpoles @RogerRoger @Hallowmoonshadow @R1spam @CaptD @Th3solution @ralphdibny @LobsterJohnson @SillyBoyJudas @kidfried @Fight_Teza_Fight

Edited on by Bundersvessel

CaptD

Oops it appears that I jumped the gun.
And to think that I've been preaching democracy all week.

CaptD

JohnnyShoulder

@CaptD I've been playing it all week.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

I’ll be interested to read everyone’s impressions of DtheD. I’m not going to play along, but I am curious how it will be received. It looks like a good PS Portal game, so I might get to it later if it’s praised highly enough. Most of the user impressions I’ve read so far say that it’s got a fun and engaging gameplay loop, but it gets stale and tiresome toward the latter half.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I've put some very brief thoughts elsewhere on the game, it is a good side game to dip in and out of but can't see myself ever sinking hours and hours when I play it. Still I do enjoy it when I play it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

Been a bit short of time this week so have only managed about an hour so far so can't give much thoughts get but early impression is positive. I love the way it looks, characters seem district and comical enough to entertain me, for instance I enjoy his people keep on insulting Dave's appearance.

I kind of agree that it may not be a game that I can play for long periods at a time but that may change, for now it is good that you can jump in (intended) do a couple of dives then serve and be done in 20-30 mins. I also like the upgrade system and currently wondering whether to keep it balanced or just try to max out the carrying capacity or suit depth first?

The only negative so far is the amount of things it's thrown at me already. It seems every time I get out of the water there is a new character with a new quest or mechanic going on but that will probably settle down.

Disagree with @CaptD though - I'm very much keeping the button mashing part on. I imagine that is more what real fishing is like...

Edited on by sorteddan

Mr_B021

Started DthD. Reminded me of Vlambeer's 2013 game Ridiculous Fishing. The mashup of a dive/fishing game with a sushi cooking simulator / restaurant management game seems odd but interesting. After playing it for a couple of hours I don't know how long it will grab my attention.

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

Mr_B021

Since its Game club's anniversary this month, I thought i'd do a little retrospective:

June 2023: Tchia (75 posts)

“I’m thrilled with the Pacific-Islander themes and setting. The game is a little lacking in polish, to be sure. The art design has its charm, but the visuals of the first big town I’ve now arrived at are a couple generations behind.” Th3solution

“The shrines, they were the best part of the game, gameplay wise. And I enjoyed each of them. I played the game without knowing where i was on the map and it felt kind of liberating. Really to have to trust on my compass was quite a nice touch. It helped me gain a sense of the environment too.” Kidfried

“I’m enjoying the vibe immensely I’m just not sure I’m sold on the gameplay loop yet. I absolutely adore slow sailing round the island soaking it all up though” Bundersvessel

“It’s a pretty game, but a bit of a slow burner. Changing between flying as a bird, using your glider, slide down a hill and then swim as dolphin feels really cool gameplay wise” Mr_B021

“The music is really charming imo and fits in perfectly with the scenery which is very colourful and warm This game has delivered everything I wanted to, such a nice change of pace from games I usually play.” QualityGeezer

“It's not without its faults but in terms of the world itself, the music and overall feel, it's one of my favourite games of the generation so far.” Gremio108

“I hate the map, it all feels very jank, the objectives are incredibly tedious and that nine hour long leaf jam, I wish I was playing Yakuza.” Pizzamorg

“Ha ha got shredder on the first song, just spamming the button as you guys have stated.The song was wrecked, my finger hurts but it is done....autoplay is on from here.” CaptD

“You can possess a bird and make them poop, 10/10 bud!!” R1spam

Edited on by Mr_B021

Mr_B021

PSN: Mr_B021

Bundersvessel

@Mr_B021 This is lovely, thank you 🥺

sorteddan

Today I ...
Gained a reputation level, employed a member of staff and trained her up a bit, saved a pink dolphin from a pirate net, found some weapon blueprints, upgraded my harpoon, bought some decoration, killed a shark (helll yeah), found 2 pieces of something? I was looking for and then died for the first time. But I did get a trophy for doing so so it wasn't too bad. So a bit of variety considering I only played another hour or so. And that's alongside the usual fishing, serving etc...

I seem to have an innate ability at pouring perfect cups of tea - but I could have predicted that as I love a good cup of tea (Yorkshire Tea obviously).

Think this is gonna be my morning game for a while. I like to have something a bit low intensity, brainless and repetitive to warm up for when I first get up and am having my morning cuppa and I think this fits perfectly from what I've played so far.

Edited on by sorteddan

sorteddan

Around 5 hours in and this morning made it to Chapter 2 - no idea how many there are, anybody? Seems pretty much the same but with new areas now explorable and a bunch of new quests popped up. Pleased that all weapons crafted from the shop remain selectable from then onwards. Also got a bunch of wristbands that I can't really be bothered to worry about.
Not much else to report, the sushi business continues to expand and improve, am gonna need a second waitress I think.
The game remains enjoyable in smaller, bite-sized chunks... kind of like sushi.
(That's a lie, I've never tried sushi... I did once have a severely undercooked fish sandwich though).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic