Forums

Topic: Off-Topic Chat Thread

Posts 101 to 120 of 161

TOUGHDUDE94

@get2sammyb:Thank you for the psx life feed I do on a tablet and a smartphone.Also you must be real bussy right now with it so thanks for that.

TOUGHDUDE94

PSN: TOUGHDUDE94

RR529

I just purchased my calendar for next year. I got the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2016 "Day at a Time" Desk Calendar.

My favorite calendar of all time was the desk calendar I got from Club Nintendo a few years ago (it was a 2014 calendar), because I could appreciate it more as it was by my side most of the day. Hopefully this gives me a similar experience.

EDIT: the calendar arrived today.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Jaz007

So I'm excited today. I'm going to pick up my brother, his wife, and his daughter at the airport in a few minutes. I haven't seen my brother in a few years, and I've never seen his daughter, though I'm not the biggest fan of babies. A few days later, my sister and her husband are coming as well. This will be the first my siblings' spouses have met the other sibling. They will all be here until a few days after Christmas.

Jaz007

TheRam

@Jaz007: That sounds great. I hope everything's going well. Congrats to your brother!

TheRam

themcnoisy

@Jaz007: Nice, enjoy pal. Family are the best. Blood is thicker than water, in my case its true. My family are all Thick.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

TOUGHDUDE94

I wanted to wait to say this.
I have aspergers disorder. Also depression and anxiety.

TOUGHDUDE94

PSN: TOUGHDUDE94

themcnoisy

@andrew20: Tough draw Andrew, my sons on the Autistic spectrum too so I have an understanding of your situation. As for your anxiety and depression I unfortunately suffered massively due to a multitude of terrible situations hitting me all at once (dads death, losing career, losing home) and I needed to get medical help and move my life forward, which thankfully I did. There's light at the end if the tunnel and anxiety and depression are linked go and see your gp and ask for advice.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RR529

Just got back from the Kansas City Zoo a few hours ago!

My favorites were all the cats (Tigers, Lions, a Cheetah, a Sand Cat, and something I think was called a Spotted Cat). The Tigers especially though, as they just got two new Sumatran Tigers, and they were very curious.

My only disappointment was that they didn't have a Panda, but it was a great time regardless.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Quintumply

@RR529: Cool! I think the best zoo I've ever been to is Chester Zoo in the UK. I haven't travelled super far and I haven't been to many zoos, but Chester Zoo had some fantastic animals. I love elephants and they had several, including a couple of babies The big cats were also a favourite.

Most recently I went to Durrell Wildlife Park in Jersey (the neighbouring island to Guernsey, where I live) but we went there on a weekday, when it was raining, and about an hour away from closing, so we were the only two people in there aside from the staff! It's a modestly sized zoo focusing mainly on birds and apes, their gorilla and orangutan enclosures being a highlight. One perk of it being rainy and cold outside was that they were indoors so we got a great look at them, and a perk of us being there so late in the day meant we got to watch the orangutans get fed a snack Very intelligent creatures.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Tasuki

@RR529: Glad you had a good time!!!

I haven't been to a zoo in years, of course where I live there aren't too many. The nearest good one is about a two hour drive from me.

Of course I might be biased to zoos since when I was a kid I frequent Brookfield Zoo and Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago which are two of the best in the nation.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RR529

Yeah, it was really cool. Reading up on it beforehand, it said that they have one of the best African exhibits in the country. They set up a very large mock savannah, and while each animal still has it's enclosed area, they were actually very large, and the best way to get a look is to take a ride on a ski-lift they have set up that crosses the entire savannah (you can still see the animals by walking around, but it's a LOT of walking, and you're not guaranteed to get a really good look (since they have so much space to wander off to).

All their other sections were more conventional, though. Although in the Australian section, they actually had free roaming Red Kangaroos (meaning there wasn't any barriers seperating their area from the walk path). I'm actually kind of curious how they manage to keep the Kangaroos in the area. They also, had a few more exhibits where you could go into the enclosure (the Tree Kangaroo exhibit, the Lorikeet exhibit, and another bird exhibit in the African section).

Oh, they didn't have much of an aquatic area, but the penguin exhibit was very cool. There was a ramp that curled down around the enclosure, with at least 5 different viewing areas along the way (it started out on top at ground level, then as you went down you had an underwater eye view). They had a good 20 penguins, at least, and they were all very active, and not afraid to swim up to the glass to get a closer look at the people.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Quintumply

@iDangerMouse_: You've reminded me, a friend got me a gift bag full of popping candy Freddos for my birthday - there's dozens of the things! I need to start working my way through those!

That's lunch sorted

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

Victor_Meldrew

Freddo? Taz bar was where its at. Dont do them anymore i dont think.

Victor_Meldrew

Hego

@Kyroki: Ya played about an hour of it, it's looking pretty good. Basically game is split into day and night cycles, during the day you make your survivors do jobs such as cooking, building, scavenging, then at night you assign them jobs such as being on guard, going out to scavenge other areas (where you'll get all your resources soon after the start), or sleeping. The games all about sending people out to loot resources from other areas, hoping your own house doesn't get raided or that it's well defended, then during the day you prepare food, build equipment to make life easier and also manage the health of your survivors, both mental and physical. Game is depressing as hell but it creates a great atmosphere, it seems to be really spot on with how survivors living during a war would actually think and feel, feels more real than gamey if you know what I mean. Definitely worth the €20 it's on sale for atm. It's got some lovely touches which make it feel really genuine and realistic

Hego

PSN: Duke-of-Styria

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.