Forums

Topic: Off-Topic Chat Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 161

RR529

While that's great to hear I have to ask to please not mention politics here. Thanks for understanding -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@Rukiafan7: It is now but I had to do a major wipe. Found out that indeed that link contained a Trojan that when I ran my malware scan it cought it, hopefully it got rid of it but please be a bit more careful next time when posting questionable links.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

RR529

Here I am in northwest Missouri and am woken up at 7 A.M by an earthquake O_O! (Needless to say, that ISN'T supposed to happen, lol)

I woke up to my bed swaying, and I could hear my bro saying that the utility poles & street lights outside were shaking (when I got up, my father said the whole house was slightly shaking, as well).

Apparently there was a 5.6 quake15KM northwest of a city in Oklahoma called Pawnee, and that's what we were feeling.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

themcnoisy

@RR529: Stay safe mate, do some homework in case you get anymore.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

themcnoisy

@Kyroki: Loads of data was wiped at the start of RL too if you can remember, so its probably more.

@kyleforrester87: Hows your new motorbike mate? I dont know if I ever mentioned this but some nutcase biker fell into my car earlier in the year and scratched the paintwork when he was trying to filter through the traffic. Literally fell onto my car like a sack of spuds. Didn't realise he'd done any damage until finishing the journey when I got to work, that was pretty annoying.

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy: Lol I did something like that several years ago. Filtered up to the front of a load of traffic and went to stop. Put my foot down inside a big pothole and didn't realise until I was too far over and there was nothing else I could do - collapsed on the bonnet of the 3 series next to me haha.

The new bike is amazing man thanks for asking. It calls out to me from the street while i sit on the sofa. Ive had a few bikes since my first 'big' one (Suzuki Bandit 600) and nothing since then has really done it for me like the Bandit did. But this - this ticks all the boxes. It's absolutely the bike for me. I do like owning a British machine, too. Just gotta ride safe and sell the Yamaha now!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87: It was you! Lol.

Bikes are not for me, give me a car or better still a boat! Glad to hear you've got the bike you want.

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy: 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul! As for boats I'm not a massive fan, went yachting in May, the effort required to go like 25mph just wasn't worth it haha. Get the engine on!!

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy: Little update for you matey. Someone who clearly needed my bike more than I do decided to steal it overnight. That's bye bye to a £4k bike with a nice £1k excess lost in the process (or a new tv with PS Pro).

There must be a bright side to this situation...lol

kyleforrester87

RR529

I was digging through my drawers today & found some of my old toys, which was a real nostalgia trip! (and reminded me it wasn't all about the video games)

There was a plastic dragon (though it was missing a wing & one of it's two heads), a metal F-16 (though it looks like my bro had written on the wings at some point in the past...), a plastic tank (with rotating turret!), a metal car (the doors & trunk open!), the only Lego kit I had (it was just a police officer on an ATV, but I vivedly remember constructing it, as otherwise I only had random loose Legos & Mega Blocks), and even some of my Hot Wheels (Including a red McDonald's one I remember playing with for the first time, that has Ronald McDonald & the number 98 on it).

I got such a kick out of it that I arranged them into a little display on the top of my dresser.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Speedy67

@RR529: Often have little sentimental moments about my old toys. Threw a fair amount of them away or gave them to charity shops, but I've got a fair few left scattered around. I used to be huge on Lego and Bionicle. Had tonnes of 'cuddlies', too. Oh, the old days were so much simpler.

We all know the world needs Kentucky Fried Duck.
My website: https://stuffandthatreviews.wordpress.com/

PSN: Skymister01 | Twitter:

RR529

Went to a nearby Renaissance Festival today!

Caught a couple performances (a Robin Hood comedy bit & a magic show), took a crack at one of the archery ranges (all the targets were Pokémon, lol), walked around some of the shops (some of the handcrafted items had Zelda's Triforce engraved on them, and one was even selling Ocarinas), and ate some tasty though unhealthy fair food, lol.

Also, I loved casually noticing everyone wearing video game related clothes, because I don't often go to big events like this where people go out of their way to wear stuff like that on a large scale. Just casually looking around I noticed 1 Adult in a Triforce hoodie, 4 Adults & 1 Kid in a Triforce shirt (one even had Link's cap), 1 Adult & 1 Kid in a Toon Link shirt, 1 Adult in a Pikachu hoodie, 1 Adult in a Pikachu shirt, 1 Kid in a Pokémon hoodie, 2 Kids in Mario shirts, 2 Adults in NES controller shirts, 1 Adult in full on Ezio (Assassin's Creed) cosplay, 1 Adult in an Assassin's Creed shirt, 1 Adult in a Fallout shirt, 1 Adult with a Kingdom Hearts II ball cap, and at least 5 Kids in Minecraft shirts (oh, and myself with my NES controller ball cap, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Individual

@Tasuki

I was trying to generate discussion about the game, not promote myself as you prefer to call it. I believe promoting myself would be posting a direct link to my blog and saying "COME CHECK THIS OUT! YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!" Not posting a review that was meant to easily share my thoughts as it was already written and easy to share and begin a topic with. I'm new to this site, so can you just clarify a possible correct way to do this.

Individual

PSN: Superherofanatic

Tasuki

@Ultimategamer132 Discussion of a game is fine or creating a thread to discuss a game is ok however posting a review is not which you did. By doing that it is considered spamming and we ask not to. You have a link in your signature, which is fine to your site, If people wish they can go there and read it.

The problem is I can't have double standards it would be like someone posting a video from their personal Youtube channel discussing the game in the forums which again is considered personal advertising which is against the community rules. I unfortunately can't close theirs down and then very well leave yours open as it looks like I have double standards.

I hope you understand.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Ultimategamer132 Np, I will say from what I read it was a great review. I will also say at times its not easy being a mod and this is one of those times. Feel free to have a discussion thread for the game maybe post a few sentences and your thoughts and ask people what they think Maybe like how excited you are for this game, etc. Just don't make it a review post if that makes sense.

My Backlog

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.