Forums

Topic: Manga and Anime discussion

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,074

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah, I've heard horror stories about how bad the live action American adaptation of Death Note is. Americans don't really... get the appeal of Japanese entertainment. American adaptations of Japanese horror films usually end up pretty bad as well.

Get ready for that Hollywood adaptation of Your Name (if it's still happening, anyway; the movie industry seems to still be imploding due to covid at the moment) to be generic and schmaltzy.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah I didn’t know they were doing a Western Your Name. I really wish I never found out. There’s also the Akira adaptation as well. Honestly, Alita Battle Angel was about as close as the West will get to capturing that vibe even if it wasn’t that great a movie as a whole.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@Ralizah The fact they’re advertising it as the same guy as 500 Days of Summer does not help things 😂😂

RR529

I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas, and since I'm not in need of any new games, I figured I'd load up on some manga.

Bought Triage X Volume 3 & InuYasha "Vizbig" edition 1 (Volumes 1-3 bundled) digitally, and a physical copy of Super Mario Manga Mania (since it's not available digitally).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

KidRyan

Last anime I saw was BNA: Brand New Animal and The Promised Neverland: Season 1.

Next series I'm planning to tackle is Fairy Tail, I had started a re-watch year or two ago to experience the English Dub, stopped right after they introduced the time skip.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Blooper987

Just watched the first 5 episodes of Sword Art Online last night. I’m already loving it! The series has really good characters so far. Managed to make me happy and sad multiple times throughout. Also, I’m hoping Silica comes back at some time. 🤞

Blooper987

Thought I would ask what everyone’s been watching lately since you guys have been pretty quiet😂. I’m currently almost halfway through SOA2 and I just watched the first episode of Inuyasha, after those are over I’ll probably watch Spice & Wolf and maybe Fullmetal Alchemist.

nessisonett

@Blooper987 I haven’t watched anything really since Steins;Gate a while back. I have been meaning to watch OreGairu’s final season though. I need to go back to Natsume Yuujinchou as well. Saying that, I’ll probably end up rewatching The Tatami Galaxy, I haven’t watched my Blu-Ray of it yet 😂

crimsontadpoles

Currently I'm watching Azumanga Daioh, which is a charming slice of life comedy.

Also recently watched the first season of Kakegurui, which is about rich people in an academy pointlessly risking everything with gambling.

And I was going to go back to Fist of the North Star soon. It's about a martial artist who often runs into bad people in the wastelands, and quickly puts a stop to any trouble. I've previously watched the first arc of it, and now seems like a good time to continue with it.

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles Azumanga Daioh’s so good! That, School Rumble and Nichijou are the best off-the-wall screwball slice of life anime out there.

Blooper987

So I just started watching Nichijou because you two said it was really good... yeah I love it!

The randomness and hilarity of everything is perfect! I don’t think there’s a character that I don’t love so far! It’s soooo great!!! Every character plays off of each other so well and there’s not a moment when I feel bored or annoyed watching it.

nessisonett

@Blooper987 Glad you’re enjoying it! I really love the totally mad slice-of-life surrealism that Japan do so well, like School Rumble, Great Teacher Onizuka and stuff. They were what got me into anime in the first place as I’m really not a big shounen fan. Kaguya-sama seems to at least be filling that void now!

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles I actually haven’t but I’ve only heard good things. I’ll check it out!

Blackjay

I've been considering getting into anime for a long time now, but I've only made it to One Punch Man season one so far.

Any Recommendations?

Blackjay

Blooper987

@Blackjay if you want comedy style go with Nichijou

Action style go with My Hero or Swird Art.

I haven’t really seen that much so other’s are probably more suited to giving you suggestions😂 but you really should watch Nichijou

Ralizah

@Blackjay Depends entirely on what you're looking for.

With that said, there are some classics that everyone should see, anime fan or not. Have you watched Ghost in the Shell (primarily, the 1995 Mamoru Oshii-directed film)? Akira? Grave of the Fireflies? Princess Mononoke? Neon Genesis Evangelion?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic