Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,065

Ralizah

@Jimmer-jammer Honestly, I'd like to return one day. I only saw bits of Vancouver and Toronto.

@sorteddan It's unfortunate, but travel is always going to come with these kinds of risks when a pandemic is going on.

Better than coming back with ebola or monkeypox or something!

@lolwhatno I hadn't either. Once my brother-in-law described it to me, I knew it was exactly the sort of unique international food item I had to try!

@RogerRoger Thanks!

Yeah, gravy and cheese curds on french fries is... different. I wanted to be open-minded, but I don't get the appeal.

Then again, I've heard many non-Americans have similar reactions to our biscuit and gravy meals, and I love those, so I guess it just depends on what you grow up with.

I also ordered pancakes in a restaurant and received gigantic bread patties that weren't anything like the flapjacks you'd get in the States. Those actually didn't taste bad, though.

@HallowMoonshadow Thanks. Yeah, I feel a little more like myself now that I've gotten a few hours rest. Although I'll probably continue to take it easy as we figure out how the disease is going to progress. Top priority is keeping my mother comfortable, given her pre-existing conditions that make covid a big risk factor for her.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah That is pretty wild. Did you all share driving? And how bad was the covid? And how bad was the traffic?

If it was quiet roads, and I wasn't very ill, and I was doing shifts I think I could handle it just about :') That's still a long way though.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Th3solution

@Ralizah What a nightmare! So sorry to hear about the struggles. Being a fellow American, I know how long and far of a car ride that is! Did you have to rent a car then? What a small fortune that must have cost in the current car shortages and exorbitant gas prices, notwithstanding the torture of crossing the wide open West and Central US.

And I sure hope the COVID is mild for you and your mom. Fingers crossed šŸ¤žšŸ¼

Edited on by Th3solution

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Thrillho

@Ralizah Damn, thatā€™s quite the ā€œadventureā€! I hope youā€™re all doing alright though.

And Western Canada is amazing. We went out and did Jasper, Banff, Lake Louise, Kelowna, Vancouver, and Vancouver Island. Highly recommended!

Thrillho

HallowMoonshadow

Ralizah wrote:

Top priority is keeping my mother comfortable, given her pre-existing conditions that make covid a big risk factor for her.

My first thought after reading you'd all got Covid was of your mother Ral (as I recall the few conversations that have sprung up regarding her and Covid). My fingers are crossed that she especially makes a speedy recovery and all of you are a-ok as soon as!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Ralizah Bloody hell, thatā€™s quite the trip! Hope you all recover fine, Covid has a nasty habit of sticking around and making you feel like crap even weeks after youā€™ve seemingly got over it.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 People traded driving duties pretty constantly, yeah. Traffic was pretty clear on the highways, apart from a few nerve-wracking truck convoys, and the covid, while unpleasant, wasn't life-threatening. So we were just able to make it.

@Th3solution Yep, in both Canada and the U.S. My BiL rented a canadian car to cross the border into Washington, then rented an American car, then he and my sister drove back back into Canada, and then returned over the border again in just the American car. The next day, we set out on our trek.

Gas was insane each time as well, although we did find a few pumps in small little towns that somehow managed to stay in the lower range.

@nessisonett Yeah, I'm really hoping we don't have any persistent "long covid" problems.

How long did it take you to make a full recovery?

@Thrillho Yeah, it was a full couple of weeks, that's for sure.

I'll probably avoid international travel again as long as covid is still a factor, but once it's not, I'd love to spend a few weeks in Canada and 'see the sights.'

@HallowMoonshadow Her oxygen numbers aren't great right now, but we're having her use some whiffers and breathing treatments via her nebulizer to see if we can get her to a better place. COPD + covid is an ugly combo.

We're not prepared to take her into the ER atm unless it gets worse, though. People with covid are treated like lepers in hospitals, and she's not keen on being isolated from her family.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Oh yeah, let's not get into the whole international "What's a pancake?" debate. It's a vast topic to dissect, and I've got somewhere I need to be in... [checks watch]... August.

I'll be keeping two of my fingers crossed for your mother this weekend. Rest up and take care!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

R1spam

@Ralizah hell of a journey, hope your all OK and on the mend!! The smell thing with covid is weird, I only realised it had gone after burning toast and everyone else in the house complaining how bad the smell was!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82

HallowMoonshadow

Ralizah wrote:

HallowMoonshadow Her oxygen numbers aren't great right now, but we're having her use some whiffers and breathing treatments via her nebulizer to see if we can get her to a better place. COPD + covid is an ugly combo.

We're not prepared to take her into the ER atm unless it gets worse, though. People with covid are treated like lepers in hospitals, and she's not keen on being isolated from her family.

I bet she isn't keen. I wouldn't if I was in her shoes either.

I'm not familiar with all the medical lingo used there (til I looked it up at least and I can only imagine how bad that could be for her with both those conditions)

Here's hoping that everything turns out ok for you all Ral šŸ˜Š

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@ThereThere These name changes are always so confusing šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Welcome back!

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@ThereThere You've missed nothing, but we've missed you, er... whoever you are!

Seriously, welcome back! Glad you had a nice break!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

render

@ThereThere Welcome back, and interesting choice of new identity šŸ˜€

render

KilloWertz

@ThereThere Welcome back Mr. I Changed My Name Again for Whatever Reason.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

sorteddan

@ThereThere

Hmmm what have you missed???
Probably me and the colonel congratulating each other on sone number of platinums...
Rog entertaining us with some articulate reviews and buying some game merch...
Ness probably playing some retro stuff...
Kairu & Render setting times I could never hope to match on GT7...
Lolwhatno getting involved in the most random conversations wherever possible...
KilloWertz having relevant opinions on seemingly every game released in recent memory...

You know. Same old Push Square.
Welcome back. How you keeping.

Edited on by sorteddan

ā€œWe are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.ā€

colonelkilgore

@ThereThere sounds like bliss pal. Iā€™ve just been working and gaming reallyā€¦ I really need to start exercising as Iā€™m not getting any younger but am struggling to find the time.

All in all, itā€™s been a good year, played some bangers, still enjoying our new houseā€¦ you know the little things. Good to have you back around here.

Everything alright with Razor on the Farcry 5 plat after?

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@ThereThere Iā€™m sure he wonā€™t mind.

yeah I would like to squeeze a daily walk inā€¦ work is just so crazy that it always seems to take priority and then before I know it itā€™s time to settle down.

Working on Wolfenstein: Youngblood (unbelievably grindy platinumā€¦ but not that far off now) and Sniper Elite 4 (great little game, which if you havenā€™t played itā€¦ I think youā€™d like). Should have them both wrapped in the next week or so. How bout you buddy, what you playing atm?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

render

@ThereThere I wish I was slowly approaching 40. Having now reached the peak of mid forties I feel I am now rapidly rolling down to the other side. Make the most of your youth while you can šŸ˜‰

@sorteddan Those times you are looking at must be the ones I got lucky on šŸ˜‚

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic