Forums

Topic: Goodbye/Vacation Thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,065

Gremio108

@RogerRoger It was an absolutely heroic effort to manage the screenshot comp while going through all that at home. Have a good Christmas and see you on the other side!

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@nessisonett @TheIdleCritic @JohnnyShoulder @Kidfried @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Ralizah @DerMeister @Thrillho @SweetSummerShunv @crimsontadpoles @Th3solution @LieutenantFatman @Gremio108

Epic tagging of well-wishers there, just to say thanks for all your... well, your well-wishes!

Hope you all had great weeks, whatever you believe or celebrate, and that this finds you happy, healthy and enjoying whatever you're currently playing!

It's good to be back!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger And back with a new avatar to boot. Welcome back!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Good to see you back. I hope everything is going better for you atm. The year has been so rough on so many people.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Thanks! Yeah, poor Festive Sonic was about to outstay his welcome, so I figured I'd get ahead of the curve (plus, y'know... me, Star Wars, etcetera, etcetera)!

@Ralizah It's getting there, thanks! You're right about 2020. I'm pleased to see you surviving it, too!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger The state I live in has the highest density of new infections per capita in the nation, and our cowardly governor still won't order a mask mandate, so we'll see how long that lasts.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Your satirical sarcasm shows me that you're one of the smart ones, so I can worry less. You know the score, so I'm confident you'll be able to stay safe in the coming months. Besides, the place wouldn't be the same without you!

Making It So Since 1987

DerMeister

@RogerRoger Great to see ya back. Funnily enough, I spent Christmas watching Star Wars with my uncle, so your avatar feels appropriate.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Thanks, and same to you (the sentiment, not the GIF)!

@DerMeister Good to be back, thank you! As much as it isn't a particularly "Christmassy" thing, many tend to gravitate towards Star Wars during the holidays. I hope you and your uncle enjoyed it!

Making It So Since 1987

DerMeister

@RogerRoger Oh, we loved Star Wars for years. My uncle's actually old enough to have seen the original movies in theatres!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

RogerRoger

@DerMeister Good person to watch it with, then! My Dad's the same!

Making It So Since 1987

zupertramp

Did not know this was a thread.

@RogerRoger Good to see you've made your return and I wish you and your partner all the best. Sorry to have read about your brush with 2020. Hope all is well or at least headed in that direction.

And you're right, what is it with the holiday season and Star Wars? They just fit, don't they.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

SweetSummerShunv

@RogerRoger Great to see you back and I hope to hear more gaming-related goodness from you!

Hope you've enjoyed the holidays too.

SweetSummerShunv

KidRyan

@RogerRoger Welcome back, we missed you! I had meant to wish you a great vacation when you left but forgot to.

Btw love the Mandalorian avatar, I just recently caught up on the show myself, looking forward to Book of Boba Feet in Dec 2021.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

ralphdibny

@RogerRoger sorry I totally missed your exit and re entry. Sorry to hear about your partner, I hope he's doing ok and I hope that you both had a nice (or at least acceptable) christmas!

See ya!

RogerRoger

@zupertramp @SweetSummerShunv @KidBoruto @ralphdibny

Thanks, folks! Real kind of you and yeah, my partner should be fully recovered soon (providing he actually follows the advice being given to him, of course!).

Also yeah, no idea why Star Wars is such a holiday thing! It certainly can't be the fault of that dreaded Holiday Special nightmare from 1978. I think it helps that Disney has been releasing its new movies and TV shows in the winter months (a trend set to continue next year, with The Book of Boba Fett coming December 2021). That being said, the originals and prequels were summer blockbusters so... dunno, maybe it's a toy thing? Bizarre!

Making It So Since 1987

TheIdleCritic

Hi guys!

I know I'm fairly new here, and I doubt the regulars know me. I've sort of just inserted myself into this community. And even so, I don't really post that much. But I feel like posting something for that very fact - this is genuinely the only online community I'm part of. I don't really do forums or boards, or reddit. I'm not the internet's biggest fan. I browse a select number of sites daily and check the news, but I never engage. But you guys seemed sound so I took a leap of faith.

Anyway... I'd like to be able to slot right back in and talk about all things PS, (and Bond with @RogerRoger). We've got a great future ahead with what I'm sure will be standout games.

I've hit a rather low and difficult point in my break up. Mentally I'm just not coping. No divorce papers yet, but I'm sure that'll be fun. Looking forward to that! (But luckily no kids). Lockdown is making it harder for me too. I'm stuck inside, albeit not with her, but it just means I can't go to my favourite cafe, or go for walks to certain places, or go to the gym. I'm just stuck with the sound of silence and my brain. Not a good combination.
I'm currently really at a loss at what to do or how to manage, but maybe I need to go silent as I try to deal with this. I'll probably still lurk and laugh at the discussions you guys have, and for the sake of my mental wellbeing I hope I'm able to come back soon.

Cheers for being cool. Don't forget me, even though you never knew me!

Edited on by TheIdleCritic

andreoni79

@TheIdleCritic See you soon! Lockdown is seriously making everything harder but I hope you'll be able to find some fun and relax on this site.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic