Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 381 to 400 of 729

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets That looks a high-quality statue, right there! Hopefully the female hero version in the Collector's Edition is just as good, as I've a friend who'll definitely want her.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger I've got the statue they did for the original Division and it's really good quality for the price. I might go for this one as I think the game will be great. I tried looking for the Kassandra statue after finishing Odyssey but it's hard to come by and overpriced if you do. That will teach me for not getting around to starting the game for a year.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets It's always the way; either things go through the roof, or you'll find a complete Collector's Edition going for £40 on Amazon Marketplace in a couple years. There's never a middle ground!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger I think it's funny that apparently most players played as Alexios over Kassandra and yet the Kassandra statue is sold out and only available at huge mark up. Whereas Alexios is still available and only £30 now. Unless they made way more Alexios figures, then I suppose my point is moot.

BearsEatBeets

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets No, it's often the way; the more selective and niché you make something, the more expensive it becomes. I'm continually amazed at these £1,500 statues you'll get from things like Batman: Arkham Origins (the game "everybody" hated) and have certainly paid over the odds for merchandise from "unpopular" films, games and TV shows before.

Also, consider how the nerd merch market is dominated by young men. Do the majority of them wanna look up at their shelves and be staring at a leather-clad man, or a leather-clad woman? Again, it's why a lot of new bat-statues feature Harley Quinn and Catwoman in provocative poses (and, when a Japanese company made deliberately sexy models of Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Red Hood, comment sections became overloaded with irony-lacking "this is wrong" overreactions from insecure collectors).

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I’m sure there are many young nerds that want to look at leather-clad men, they just haven’t realised it yet 😉

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

Got some actual gaming tat, in the form of three Funko Pop figures from Marvel's Spider-Man.

Untitled

They also had a Mary Jane in the same line but, as @nessisonett rightly points out, some of us have preferences regarding the kinds of folks we wanna stare at.

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger I'm often glad I find the big head and black dot eyes off-putting because Funko are impressive with the extensive range of characters they do. Peter holding his mask is pretty cool though.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Cheers. Bejesus that's a next gen console there!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder yeah that one is for the die-hard collector/fans only. I mainly try and submit more affordable stuff but there might be some interested parties. My Witcher collection is pretty outrageous.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I've got a Witcher 3 wolf metal wall hanging which I think was about 30 quid. Come to think of it that is probably my most expensive piece of gaming tat! Mine mostly consists of a few Funk Pops and some gaming arty posters I've got over the years.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets I used to hate Funko Pops, same as you; it was the sheer variety of representation that drew me in, as they're the only way to get some specific characters. I've warmed to them (to the point where I now have thirteen plus a vehicle, and a fourteenth on order) but I tend to prefer masked characters, or non-humans who can pull of the stylised look a little better. I'm super-selective.

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Anyone after a poseable Tifa?

Untitled

Or Cloud I suppose.

Untitled

Pretty expensive but quite large and seems very poseable. I noticed them here but probably available at various places.

https://animegami.co.uk/

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@LN78 I noticed when I found the photos that they are cheaper from Square Enix's own store but not sure what they charge for postage.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Looks like PCS is doing some other suits from Spider-Man. Interesting for them to do this one, I wasn't aware it was popular. I'll be hoping they do the Black Cat one and the final fight with Octivus one.

Untitled

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic