Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 361 to 380 of 729

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Yeah I wasn't bothered either. I wouldn't even consider it an iconic weapon to the character. Don't worry it's perfectly safe for a bottled up, angry person as it doesn't even work like a proper bow. Although that could lead to more rage if you tried to use it and broke it for that money.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets I dunno, I could do some damage with it, if I got creative...

But you're right, the whole bow-and-arrow thing was never my first choice for Lara. For prop replicas, you'd either want her HK USP Match pistols in a glass case, or one of the small medkits from the PSone games. Can't think of anything else that says "Lara" more than that.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Thanks again! Real kind of you to keep posting these offers up!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets I just wish Mario wasn’t that ugly. Bowser looks great and the sets are cool but I would have preferred a normal minifig of Mario.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett Yeah he does look a bit funny looking, they basically made him box-shaped. Just noticed someone give the set a bad review because 'it's not sonic and I like sonic' lol.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets You’d think the Sega vs Nintendo thing would have died out by now 😂😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Oh, awesome! Thanks for the Sonic tag!

My partner loves board games, and as a result hates Monopoly ("There's no skill, it's luck-based busywork with undefined win conditions!") but he'll still cave on the occasional limited edition or tie-in version. I might try and twist his arm, if I can find a copy!

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

Woohoo Trails in the Sky Second Chapter soundtrack finally arrived from Japan! I was concerned that Customs would burn it or something.

Damn that BioShock figurine is a thing of beauty @BearsEatBeets. Scary, grim beauty. I have Zelda monopoly stored somewhere. Owning the Temple of Time in board game form was oddly satisfying.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

BearsEatBeets

@mookysam I wonder how many gaming versions they have done? I have the Skyrim one nut haven't actually played it.

BearsEatBeets

Quintumply

Hello, thread.

After a recent clearout, I rediscovered I have this:

Untitled

It's an official solid metal Codemasters logo paperweight / ornament. The C and M come apart, and reattach with magnets. It's one hefty bit of tat.

The reason I have it actually isn't because of my current work (thanks for reading), but a previous job. I worked at my local HMV for several years, and during that time they introduced the pureHMV rewards scheme. It's now defunct, but at the time, you could exchange points earned from buying stuff for exclusive items. Buying lots of games with staff discount, I accrued a fair number of points, and the teenage me decided to spend them on this Codemasters logo that does nothing.

It came in a presentation box and everything, but it's currently sitting on my desk and now here I am telling you about it. Cheers.

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@Quintumply Not only could that particular piece of tat stand in for the dictionary definition of the word, it's supremely impressive that you actually chose to own it. When I saw the picture, I thought "Oh hey, staff are sharing promotional items they get sent by developers and publishers!" but no, you actually looked at that one day and thought "Yep, that's for me!" and I reckon that's something you should be well proud of.

Making It So Since 1987

Quintumply

@RogerRoger I don't recall exactly what attracted me to the blasted thing in the first place. But there we are.

As far as tat received from working in games media is concerned, I've not had much

Quintumply

PSN: Quintumply | Twitter:

BearsEatBeets

@Quintumply How big's that thing? The picture doesn't convey scale. I'm guessing there wasn't a large choice on what to spend points on.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic