Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 261 to 280 of 729

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Shows how much I've not seen those films!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

... That's some pretty nice gaming tat @RogerRoger!

Have to admit I'm not terribly fond of those Funko things either. It's those dead eyes... I mean look at Poor Squirtle from pokΓ©mon

Untitled

Truly haunting πŸ˜‚

... Second sister looks pretty neat though. Cal doesn't look too bad either!

My gaming tat meanwhile is preeeeeetty limited.

• Two Steelbooks (FFXII: The Zodiac Age and Persona 5)
  • An old FFXII guidebook
  • The deluxe edition of Odin Sphere that consists of a box, tin slipcase, art print, T-Shirt, Hardcover artbook and the game in question.
  • A Crash Bandicoot Plush that I won out a crane machine.
  • And a Sonic piggybank weirdly. I think it was from an easter thing though... Reduced too and came with a choccy egg or something. But it's actually not that badly made. Nice little sonic bust...

Untitled

Oh and an attic filled with old Official Playstation UK Magazines of course

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder @RogerRoger
Well, well, well... There is of course, a genuine Panther suit Batman Forever Pop, nipples & all! πŸ˜‚
Untitled

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It the eyes every time! Plus they make even the most menacing character look waaaaay to cutesy for my liking!

@KALofKRYPTON Oh by the beard of Zeus!... I'm never gonna unsee that am I?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder
Untitled
πŸ˜‚

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Thanks! Yeah, I usually agree with you and @JohnnyShoulder about the eyes, and about how the characters with hidden eyes are the best. They did a Sonic range a while back and everybody (except Dr. Eggman, who has round eyes and glasses anyway) looked like nightmare fuel.

Speaking of, that Sonic piggybank looks pretty cool, and anything that comes with chocolate can't be all that bad! And I gave away all my old Official PlayStation UK Magazines, alas. I'd love to go back and read through some of them again, if only for the nostalgia. There might be one or two discarded in my Mum's attic someplace... hmm, maybe I'll go on a Christmas forage and see what I can find!

@KALofKRYPTON Might have to order him alongside Clooney.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON We were laughing and joking about the Schumacher films becoming more acceptable in the merchandising world, but it looks like you weren't half-wrong...

https://www.sideshow.com/whats-new/batman-forever-batman-sixt...

https://www.sideshow.com/whats-new/robin-sixth-scale-figure-b...

Don't want the Robin, he looks weird, but I'll definitely get that Batman. Especially since its base sculpt will make an Ice Sonar Batman an easy variant for them to knock out in the near future.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger They had to get there eventually πŸ˜€
Surprised they didn't start with the Panther suit though.

Both sculpts are looking good, though yeah, Robin is perhaps unfinished πŸ€”
Both need some colour work on the suits for sure. Can't wait to see the accessories! πŸ˜‚

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I guess it's more of an "event" suit, something that'll definitely look different alongside the various Keatons, Bales and Afflecks they've been releasing.

It's the face on the Robin which weirds me out. Kilmer looks uncanny, but that ain't Chris O'Donnell.

All the grapples!

Whilst in the relevant topic, how was your Christmas and did you manage to score any cool gaming-related tat (or broadly speaking, just cool tat of any kind)?

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger The Robin face isn't their best work. Hopefully there will be a smiley face plate for Kilmer πŸ˜‚

Actually not much 'tat' at all. Clothes, a couple of pairs of trainers that are always welcome, foodstuff, puzzles, books 😊

My partner also got me some 'Tiberious' aftershave, which surpringly smells quite nice πŸ˜‚

My brother gave me a bit of PSN credit, so I went retro and got R-Type Dimensions, Vasara Collection, Fast Striker and Gunlord X πŸ˜€

How about you?

mookysam

Yikes, that Squirtle is truly the stuff of nightmares @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy.

Most Funko Pop Vinyl really freak me out. I do have three, however; Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch), Reptar (from Rugrats) and a Soldier Heartless from Kingdom Hearts. The latter is my favourite - the dead yellow eyes work given the character - while Reptar guards my PS3.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I'm hoping 'tis just a rough concept for Robin's face. Smiley Kilmer will probably be exclusive to the Deluxe Edition; they always hold something back!

Good haul, not that such materialism is the point of the season (he says, now genuinely wondering what Captain Kirk smells like...) and good use of your PSN credit. I was similarly gifted some credit, only for the LEGO Store, so have spent my afternoon putting together a couple small Star Wars sets (to go with the others my partner got me on the day). Otherwise yeah, as you say, socks and shower gel.

Although my brother did get me tickets for a retro gaming venue near me, which I didn't even realise had sprung up. Apparently they're becoming quite the thing, packed with old consoles and arcade cabinets you can just wander about and play on.

If I'm brave enough to check it out, I'll report back.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger That'll be the car, because chicks dig the car...

I do enjoy a bit of materialism πŸ˜‚
The Tiberius stuff is rather reminiscent of Brut Aquatonic (if that means anything to you) with an added citrus note. Quite pleasant. I'm not much for aftershaves really - to be perfectly honest I'd rather smell of nothing - but my partner is running out of Trek things she's willing to get for me πŸ˜‚

Lego is always a winner! What sets did you get. A friend of mine managed to snag the Veyron set. She posted a few pictures of the box contents, looks brilliantly complex!

Definitely go along to the retro games thing. We've had a couple of ventures locally, but they tend to not last long unfortunately.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Don't. On the same preview page, Sideshow announced that they're making a sixth-scale Eta-2 Actis for their sixth-scale Anakin Skywalker. I've been saying "I don't have the space!" to myself over and over again for a good couple hours now (and it isn't working) so if they also announced a Forevermobile, I think I'd be in real trouble!

Given that I've stuck with Lynx since my teens, it doesn't, but thanks all the same! That's a pretty good find on the part of your partner (although it sounds like formidable determination to avoid gifting you a bunch of Eaglemoss dust-collectors played a part)!

Well, I was gonna get the new Duel on Mustafar set but, unlike all of the OT and Rise of Skywalker sets, it sold out within three days of release (because everybody hates the prequels, right?) so I came home with Luke's landspeeder and Obi-Wan's hut from A New Hope and some Sith Troopers from the new film. I sourced a Mustafar set from Amazon. I saw that Bugatti Veyron set in the store; she's a beauty alright. They had her alongside the Harley Davidson, a VW Camper Van and Bond's Aston Martin DB5, so I considered that corner too grown-up and stuck to the Star Wars.

Have you ever made it to one of those retro game things, then? Or always just missed 'em?

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger 😲 With lights and such? And R2? Crikey!
The Forever car is a shoe-in for sales. I know people to this day who hate the film but do indeed, really dig that car! It's also comparatively simple next to the '89 I reckon. It really doesn't need to do much other than light up.
πŸ˜‚ Yeah, she can cope with the okudagram 'lamp', clothing and bluetooth communicator - but useless dust gatherers are an absolute no-no. Sadly, that also includes The Wand Company's Phaser πŸ˜₯πŸ˜‚

Good hauls! Wait, they actually made the Duel on Mustafar Ideas set? Cool!

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ah, no. They didn't make the Ideas submission. Bit of a shame, it was really well thought out but I guess they wanted a similar set size to the Naboo duel set.
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/00a46141-e1b3-42bb-b910-7d6f1...

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yep. I know, right?

Untitled

As much as I love my Jada Forevermobile, the fact that it doesn't light up is a major downside because that neon glow is such an integral part of the design. Maybe they'll consider doing one if Batman and Robin sell well enough, but I shan't hold my breath!

Surely you could hide the phaser in your sock drawer? That's where sidearms live, right?

Yeah, there's always some kinda compromise with LEGO, alas. Making it a smaller Β£20 set has obviously worked out for them, given the demand; they only seem to push the boat out on things they've repeatedly released before (Star Destroyers, Death Stars, Slave 1 and countless versions of the Falcon). The narrative on that LEGO Ideas submission is excellent, very well-conceived indeed. Ah well.

Now that we're back between films again, maybe we'll get some more elaborate historical releases. It's either that, or the Mandalorian's ship will get released in the summer.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Jesus Mary and Joseph!! That's mental.

I really do think it's a give for them to produce the Forever batmobile. In the world of high end toy collecting, it isn't going to be a misfire; it's a cool design and the film has been mostly redeemed by the time elapsed and the nostalgic gaze upon simpler comic movie times.
I'd understand them still steering well clear of the B&R vehicles for the most part, but never say never. The B&R Robin suit and Redbird would be a pretty cool set.

The Razor Crest is a great design. It would make a very nice lego set if they give it the proper attention.

KALofKRYPTON

@WanderingBullet That's quite nice looking!

@RogerRoger just need a Stormtrooper and the black of night!
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic