Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 241 to 260 of 729

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
Thinking about it, it is a really odd collection.

I'd be more than happy to see another couple of WipEout ships, especially some of the dual hulled craft.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON There's a green bug-shaped one I wouldn't mind a model of. Looked really interesting and was my favourite to race with as a result, even if actually piloting it was like trying to drive a milk float with flat tyres. Whilst wearing oven gloves. On the Moon.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger ah, the Mirage ship! 😂

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

Some actual gaming-related tat arrived for me today!

Untitled

They delayed releasing the art book for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order because it contains major spoilers, with zero warning. The digital art book in the game itself has, like, a dozen pages of very surface-level stuff, so I'm pleased to have the full thing to gawp at.

And that's a Black Series figure of Cal Kestis and BD-1. The accompanying Second Sister figure suddenly became sold out over the weekend (easy to see why; she's a badass) so I'll get her in a couple weeks.

Untitled

I'll be honest, Cal's likeness isn't a Black Series best, but I just couldn't pass up the little BD-1.

Untitled

He so cute!!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Oooh. Topical tat!
Looks a pretty good figure that. Are they going to release the 'hero' ship? That's quite a cool design.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON At the moment, no idea. All we've gotten thusfar is Cal, BD-1 and the Second Sister, both in Black Series and Funko Pop! forms, the aforementioned art book and a bunch of t-shirts. Not even a digital soundtrack (although I did get pin badges in my fancy edition of the game itself).

Every time I saw the ship, the Stinger Mantis, land on a planet in-game, I pictured what a proper LEGO version would be like. It'd make for an awesome set, one I'd get in a heartbeat. Alas, there's just been a leak of the next wave of Star Wars LEGO and it's the same uninspired, rehashed stuff as always (Luke's landspeeder AGAIN! Another X-Wing AGAIN!) so I seriously doubt anybody in that department has the imagination required to put together and release a decent one.

Best hope? Fantasy Flight might make a generic one for the X-Wing tabletop game. I was thinking of getting their model of the Ghost and Phantom II, just because it looks great.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger ah.

Yeah, the latest Lego wave doesn't look all that inspiring.

I guess they could drum up a UCS one since game is reviewing so well 🤔

The Fantasy Flight thing is a good shout. I'd be surprised if they didn't roll one out.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON That'd be the dream, but seeing as we haven't had a UCS version of Luke's landspeeder yet (somehow), there's probably a long waiting list.

Fantasy Flight did Nym's Havoc bomber from Star Wars: Starfighter, did you know?

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger 😂😂😂 really? I thought they'd done that!

I did not! Not surprising though. Just had a look. It's nicely done!

I had a look at the latest line of Quantum Mechanics Trek stuff. There's a D that's around the size of the Corgi anniversary one. Was going to ask for one for Christmas (because one can never have too much D... I'll get my coat), but - it's a pretty horrible model. Quite surprised. I'm sure they used to do really nice stuff!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Shocking, I know. And to think that they hadn't been in demand ever since the XP-38 came out (...okay, even I wanna yell "NERD!!" at me right now).

Fantasy Flight stuff always is. I was tempted, but then I remembered kinda hating Nym's ship.

Oh, gosh yes (to the fact that the Quantum Mechanics Enterprise-D is sub-par, not to your, er... other statement). I saw it featured in an article the other day, took one look at it and just shook my head. It's great that we're not simply getting re-releases of original series stuff, but there are much, much better models of the Enterprise-D out there.

I was thinking of getting their little Locutus of Borg statue for my desk. It doesn't look too bad in promotional shots, but now I'm having second thoughts.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

My back-order for a Black Series Second Sister from Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order finally arrived today, after a lengthy delay. She's become so hard to find now!

Untitled

Untitled

Despite usually hating Funko Pop! vinyl figures, I saw all three of the Jedi: Fallen Order ones in my local toy store this morning (spooky timing alongside the delivery) and reasoned that it was fate. I'd been half-tempted by them before because they're not the worst, and I want to support the game's merchandise to try and send a "More please!" message to EA and Lucasfilm.

Untitled

All in all, whilst I'd love more characters represented in future, it ain't a bad haul for starters.

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger nice haul!

I was just coming in here to ask your thoughts on funko pops!
There's a Batman & Robin Batman Ice/Sonar suit on the way!

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON ...really? Like, an actual, official one?!

You've just made my week! Yeah, I genuinely do hate them, but I'll definitely buy that, in the hopes of supporting more legacy merchandise from Batman & Robin. Heck, I'll buy three! It's my favourite batsuit ever. He can join those statues and my Bathammer!

Although it's always best to find Funko Pop! figures in-store, rather than buy them online, as I noticed that the production quality can be pretty ropey.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger for reals!
Untitled

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Want.

Although finally, after all these years, we get this Batman represented... and it's in Funko form?

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger 😂
I think we're probably nearing the end of the cooling off period for Batman & Robin. If the pop does well, I reckon some of the higher quality manufacturers will get on board.

You never know, soon you may be coveting a Hot Toys 1/6 Clooney complete with BatBombs and ice skates!

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON Will they have nipples on the suit too?

I generally dislike funk pop too as the eyes really do my head in. So the few I've got are ones that have the eyes not shown!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

@JohnnyShoulder The sonar suit doesn't have nipples. There's a bit of useless trivia for you there 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@KALofKRYPTON Thanks! I'm sure it will turn up in a quiz somewhere down the line.
I was more on about the other Batman and Robin suits that were in the film though. It would be proper wierd if they did!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Want even more useless trivia? George Clooney inherited his bat-nipples from Val Kilmer, as they were on his regular bat-suit all the way through Batman Forever. Some people kinda like that film, however, so they're often erroneously attributed to Clooney and used as short-hand to bash his Bat.

@KALofKRYPTON If a Hot Toys 1/6 Clooney doesn't come with all fourteen of the different bat-shaped grappling hooks constantly seen in close-ups throughout the film, I'll want my money back!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic