Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 281 to 300 of 729

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Yikes, no! The horror!!

I'm gonna have to sleep with one of these on, after playing that mode the other evening...

Untitled

Such nightmares!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Feeling a tad pleased with myself this morning.

Earlier in the week, I took a gamble on a job lot of Carbonised Black Series figures from eBay. They're individually going for upwards of £80 each now, especially the Mandalorian, yet somebody had bundled all four together for £100 and so I guess people must've just seen a higher number and moved on. They arrived safe, so I basically got them for £25 a piece, a.k.a. their original launch price. Questioning whether to keep them or sell them individually for profit!

Also, it pays to check Amazon regularly, as they'll often find old stock in the back of their warehouse and sell it at cost, despite it having become rare. I just ordered a Jango Fett statue which regularly goes for £200 or more, and it only cost me £70. That'll arrive Saturday.

My holiday gifts to myself.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Was it you with whom I recently discussed Quantum Mechanix and the occasional dip in the quality of their products? I feel like it was, but I can't find the discussion in this topic!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger It was.

We were on about the die cast Batmobiles too and I'd mentioned the newer QMx Enterprise D models that look awful.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Bingo, that was it! Thanks for jogging my memory. I ask because I got a small piece of desk tat from Quantum Mechanix yesterday and it isn't the worst thing, but I had a nugget of "they can be hit-and-miss" rattling around in my brain. Guess I lucked out!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Picture your new tat!

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Sir, yes sir!

Untitled

I've got a couple of these cute variants on my Amazon Wishlist, and I use them to occasionally round up order totals because they're small and cheap.

There's a Joker and a Wonder Woman I'd like sometime, now that I've seen the quality is good enough.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
Ha!

That's pretty good desk tat!
Quite apart from the star ship side of things thankfully.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON For the price, the quality is solid. Funny how they can do people (at least in cartoon form) well, but fall over when it comes to inanimate objects (like starships). You'd think it'd be the other way around.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger
I think it comes down to the production process.

With a relatively simple figurine you get it designed, signed of and sent for moulding and painting. With a star ship of the complexity of the D, I guess it very much depends on the price point that's being targeted as to what the model actually ends up looking like.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON That's true, I guess. Hadn't thought of it like that.

Explains why all the good stuff has a four-figure price tag! Although my shelves are grateful, I think.

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

Anyone else seen this

Untitled

I'm hoping it's not as expensive as their Kratos statue because I think I need it. Having already done Bloodborne and having God of War and Death Stranding coming up I wonder if they will do any other Sony IPs.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

They also have this cool bot (I forget the name) as a companion piece.

Untitled

Untitled

BearsEatBeets

WanderingBullet

@BearsEatBeets They look amazing! Prime 1 Studio does create amazing looking statues but I think they'll each cost at least $900.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

KALofKRYPTON

@BearsEatBeets @WanderingBullet
Yeah... they look expensive! Very nice!

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Noice, very noice. But, how much?! 🤯

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder @WanderingBullet @KALofKRYPTON Having only just unveiled them they aren't giving prices yet. Their prices do seem to have shot up recently. If it's similarly priced to Kratos I might have to skip it like I have that one but if it's more in line with the Witcher line they do then I'll probably take the plunge.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic