Forums

Topic: Gaming Tat (...Return of the Tat!)

Posts 101 to 120 of 729

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger No worries!

Thanks. It took a bit to get it right as I recall. But, it was light just from the TV, some chocolate coconut eliquid (because that's what nebulas smell like, obvs) and a relatively high ISO.

And the 'background' off to the left is a cushion! 😂

The Eaglemoss ship nacelles do pick up light quite well actually.
The conny refit next to the NX up there is just on a windowsill. The Flyer has a little LED under it.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Don't be silly... nebulae smell like coffee!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger I think it's meant to be raspberries actually 🤔
But I don't like raspberries, so...

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I can't believe you didn't get the reference.

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger 😂😂😂
Have I never made my feelings on Voyager clear? 🤔

That doesn't sound like me...

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON
Untitled

I think I may give up typing and just reply to everybody with Janeway .gifs from now on. I've collected enough of them for pretty much any eventuality.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Ha!

Well. Voyager...

I love the production design. I love the premise. I even like most of the characters most of the time (obviously not Neelix or Harry).
For me there are easily a dozen or so really great Voyager episodes. Other than that it's pretty rehashy and or filler.

The pilot is exceptional, and holds so very much promise. The producers reluctance to fully explore the negative connotations of the crew dynamic beyond the first handful of episodes hurts the show immensely - not that I was aware of that on the original run, but it still felt filler fueled then.
I really like Seven coming in, but the slip in to by that point the standard practice of villain nerfing tuned them in to a weekly inconvenience as apposed to the biggest threat out there.

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON We should make a general Star Trek topic before we derail one too many threads and get told off by the mods.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger You talking about TR in the other thread made me think the incoming Totaku figure. Checked the page and they're releasing:

Untitled
Knew about Sonic obviously - but having the trio is tempting!
Untitled
Untitled

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Thanks for this, I had no idea! Well, I knew about Sonic (and having seen that the Lara is her updated design from Shadow of the Tomb Raider, I'm gonna hold off to make sure I actually like the game before grabbing one, I think).

Knux looks awesome, but I hate how they've made Tails "fly". I'd have preferred a standing pose. Maybe if I see them up-close, I'll feel differently. As you say, it'd be great to have all three.

Are they all out next week, or will the other two be along later?

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger yeah, standing would be better. I guess they may do a low poly Laura at some point...

Knuckles and Sonic are marked as October, I should think Laura will be on the game's release...

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Lara is the 14th which is Shadow's official release date, and one of GAME's pre-orders includes it at a discount as a bonus, but I'll be in-store on the 12th because of the Croft Edition awarding early access. Here's hoping they've put back their display because last time, when I went in for Shenmue, they'd taken all their Totaku down. Maybe they weren't selling as well as they'd hoped (although that might be their own fault for putting them behind the counter where nobody can see them up-close).

Sonic must've been delayed. He was supposed to be alongside Lara. Oh well; it's not like I'll be a stranger to GAME over the coming months or anything!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Well, because GAME forgot to give me my Croft Edition bonus tat on Wednesday, I returned to the store today and snagged the steelbook and art cards.

Untitled

They'd removed their Totaku display from behind the counter long ago, but they had a couple of large, black boxes with Shadow of the Tomb Raider all over and, when briefly left alone, I took a closer look and realised that they were the Lara Croft Totaku figures, released today. The returning shop assistant saw me checking them out and we got to chatting.

Turns out she's a big Totaku fan and has been pestering management to get them back on display, but they've got almost all of them in-stock, just kept out back. Not only that, but they're all £12 now, including the new Lara figures in the fancy promotional boxes.

Had a less-than-awesome week so decided to treat myself. I couldn't remember the actual name of "the robot velociraptor" (a.k.a. the Watcher) from Horizon, so that was a bit embarrassing, but hey.

Untitled

Inside the big promotional box, Lara comes in standard Totaku packaging.

Untitled

She's amazing. The detail is incredible, it's a good pose and there are no obvious paint errors or missing bits (well, aside from the bow's string, but I can't blame them for not adding that at this scale).

Untitled

Untitled

The Watcher is slightly less impressive, but still a great model. My awful photo doesn't do it justice; the colours really pop and the eye is blue (although I'd have preferred if it were a lighter, more obvious blue, but that's me being picky). I think because, in-game, it's comprised of insanely-fine details, which had to be reduced down to a small scale, so some of it lumps together. But printed details are present on both sides (remembering some of the early WipEout ships have logos only on one side) and I love the curious, head-up-and-slightly-tilted pose.

Untitled

The shop assistant also mentioned that the next figure they were getting in would be Aloy (who might already be out, I'm not sure; I didn't catch whether it was a new order or stock replenishment) so I reckon I'll grab her to keep the Watcher company. If she's half as decent as Lara, she'll look fantastic.

It's put a smile on my face, which was kinda the point. I'm very happy with them, and hope that the Totaku line continues, because I'd love to see more!

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger So Tomb! Much Raider! Good share!

Nice haul. I do like the look of the Lara Totaku, very nicely done for the scale - all the extra box seems somewhat superfluous though...

Nice little Worker Bee shuttle there too.

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger With all the Tomb Raider talk again, I don't think I've ever shared a picture of the little Lara figure I had with Temple of Osiris!

Did you ever get/play that?

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON You mean her?

Untitled

She was (before today) my only bit of Tomb Raider merchandise, aside from the actual games, Blu-Rays and soundtracks. She stands beside the little LEGO motorbike guy you can see on the right of my desk, which is part of an Indiana Jones set. I'd like more Tomb Raider things, and have my eye on a few bigger items which I'll be getting in the New Year.

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger She's the one! 😊

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Thought you might like a closer look at the exclusive Lex Luthor minifigure that came with my copy of LEGO DC Super-Villains today.

Untitled

I think he's a unique design from the game's original story, which I'm yet to play, but he does fit quite well when put alongside my other DC villain minifigures...

Untitled

...but, of course, somebody wasn't happy to see him.

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger Cool fig!

Hope the game is good. I really did enjoy LB3.

It's a comic design, Lex becomes a superman for a while with powered suit 😁

WanderingBullet

Soul Calibur VI CE's statue actually looks pretty good. Watched the unboxing video and I have to say the painting is way better than Insomniac's Spider-man statue.

Anyone seen the Left Alive action figure? It looks pretty neat but the Collector's Edition is a Square Enix Online Store exclusive.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic