Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 781 to 800 of 3,698

WanderingBullet

@Feena Gotcha.

Have you tried the Aranea joins the team permanently glitch? I might try it this weekend. I quite like her character (also I mained the Dragoon class in FFXIV:P). I wonder if its possible for her to tag along into the dungeons...

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Nei

@WanderingBullet haven't tried yet but let me know it is easil doable as I really like the character!

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

WanderingBullet

@Feena Seems easy enough but quite a few steps are required. No idea if its been patch, though as the video was posted back in January. I've only came across it as I was watching a vid about the Pitioss dungeon. Looks really tough, and I'm really bad at platforming games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsxoFeqT1vA&t=3s

FullbringIchigo

So the latest Update for FFXV unexpectedly dropped today and it changed a few things

1: it finally added the magitek exosuits to the game and they have changed a lot from the original "Power Ranger" versions
2: The chain link feature is back from the Episode Duscae Demo, this was a nice addition
3: The Asset pop in problem on base PS4's that was there since the last PS4 Pro update has been improved, it's still there but no where near as bad as it was, texture pop in is still an issue though
4: The Chocobo Carnival is back in town ^_^

now onto a few other things, the combat feels like it's a bit faster and more fluid and the loading times seem a bit faster too but not by much

menus seem to be loading a little faster too

now onto the important thing a brand new quest was added and it comes with it's own set of trophies too, only 2 but it's a nice thing to add, it's Recommended level 99 and can be found in the Hunter HQ

i have not yet checked if the update affects anything in the DLC Episodes yet though

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WanderingBullet

@Feena Yeah, it's a pretty cool tie-in.

@FullbringIchigo What's the Chocobo Carnival?

I'm assuming they're hunt related, are the two new trophies difficult to unlock?

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet the Chocobo carnival is a special event in Altissia and can be accessed from the special section on the start menu, it just a place to mess around and have fun but you need to download the Holiday pack from the PS Store (don't worry it's free)

as for the trophies, nah they are easy, no trouble at all

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Nei

I want to try this update asap! @WanderingBullet the carnival is very nice imho, a lot of silly side activities

Edited on by Nei

FullbringIchigo

second post

Square have released a picture of the new Exosuit if your interested in how it looks

Untitled

and in case your wondering how long the Carnival is on for this time

Untitled

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

WanderingBullet

@FullbringIchigo @Feena Neat, I'll try to play it tomorrow.

Oh, I've played it before but I actually kept remembering that event was called Moogle Carnival when its actually called Moogle Chocobo Carnival.lol

Nei

So, the new boss was really cool!
The new cross chain system is also a nice little addition even though it took me a while to realise how to start them (you basically have to knock an opponent down and then you'll be prompted to do a warp strike).
2 new trophies yay!

FullbringIchigo

@Feena yeah it's a little different to the version in Episode Duscae but a nice addition

johncalmc

I've gone full throttle into Final Fantasy XIV now. Bought Stormblood and everything.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

Kindly reminder: The FFXV Multiplayer Beta will start tomorrow and run through to the 8th, you can download it from the free games section in the PlayStation Store BUT BE WARNED you NEED the FFXV Season Pass AND PS+ in order to play it

Nei

johncalmc wrote:

I've gone full throttle into Final Fantasy XIV now. Bought Stormblood and everything.

Recount us your adventures in Eorzea.

So hyped by FFXV'S beta

NathanUC

@johncalmc Nice! Which job is your favorite? Mine was Machinist until they ruined it I switched to Paladin and Ninja for the time being.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

FullbringIchigo

@johncalmc i haven't played FFXIV in ages, lost all my log in details too so now i can't even play it even if i wanted too because my PSN is permlinked to the Square Enix ID that i can't log into

still those are my problems but have fun the game was a blast from what i remember

johncalmc

@NathanUC I played as White Mage last time. Now I'm a Bard. I don't know why I keep picking these silly classes. I've been playing it a week and I'm level 38. That's pretty weird because I think I'm at around the same place I was last time and last time I played it for months.

Edited on by johncalmc

johncalmc

Twitter:

NathanUC

@johncalmc Nice! I really like the changes they made to bard (most are after 50 though). SE boosted experience earned from A Realm Reborn content, so that's probably why you're leveling faster.

Which server/data center? Maybe we can party up sometime! I'm on Hyperion/Primal.

To save our Mother Earth from any alien attack
From vicious giant insects who have once again come back
We'll unleash all our forces we won't cut them any slack
The EDF deploys!!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic