Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 581 to 600 of 3,696

WanderingBullet

@Feena I'm always reluctant to use magic spells but that's only because I don't want go farm for those materials again. XD

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Nei

To any chocobro attempting the timed hunt quest, this is the most effective way I found out so far:

• Start the sabertusk hunt when it's around 8-9 minute before the hour so you almost have a full hour to redo the cycle when this first quest is over.
  • equip Noctis with the noiseblaster and spam "warp attack", he will do a granade launch that kills a lot of sabertusks in a wide range.
  • If stamina gets low, drink an Elixir.
  • Occasionally use Prompto's gravity sphere special to get rid of more monsters. If you equip the turbo tech accessory or eat a tech boosting food you will have it ready very often.
  • Equip Ignis with magic.
  • As soon as the quest is over (you should easily have more than 500 points) do the behemoth, the couerls and the kyacti quest so you should comfortably get another run of sabertusks before the hour ends

This will get you some poitns and raise your rank dramatically so you can get more QP in the daily ranking when it is eventually updated...

Sorry for any mistakes/typos, and happy hunting.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

WanderingBullet

@Feena Just curious but do the points add up from the multiple hunts you've completed within that hour? For example, 500 (Sabertusks) + 1 (Behemoth) + (Couerls) + (Cactuars) + 500 (Sabertusk) = 1000+ points?

Btw, I'm at Altissia now and have already bought two Ribbons. Are the other items from Alessio useful? Should I use my 227 QP (from fishing round) to get more Oracle Coins or AP?

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Nei

@WanderingBullet yes, the points add up exactly as you write. The count restart every hour like it did with the fishing quest.

Ribbons are the best you can get for the Oracle Coins! You will fina a lot of them in the slightly insane but awesome hidden dungeon if you plan to do that in the post game though.

WanderingBullet

@Hmm.. I've read that the post-game locked dungeons are tough.:/

The Totomostro game is quite addictive.XD Bought both fishing items so far. Gonna buy the two weapons next.

Nei

^ Nicely done! the fishing equipment is by far THE BEST!
I like the Totomostro too, pretty addicting! My friends were disappointed there weren't arena fights ...but there are like 150 hunts in the game - more than enough LOL

The post game dungeons are not too difficult save for one that doesn't allow you to use items. The hidden dungeon is just insane but for other reasons, don't want to spoil it for you.

p.s. I got the Afrosword finally - it's the tackiest thing ever - so I immediately equipped it to Gladio. Lovely stats though!

Edited on by Nei

WanderingBullet

@Feena Same here, I equipped the sword on Gladio mainly bc I didn't like the music.XD It's also the highest damage Broadsword I have currently that he can equip.

Cool, I might give them a try since some of the best weapons are found in the locked dungeons from what I've gathered.

WanderingBullet

New hunt's out. It's against Treants but they're level 130 so I couldn't attempt them. Also, they have removed the fishing round QP. Unfortunately, I still had like 47 QP remaining from that round.:/

Nei

@WanderingBullet aww that sucks
You can totally cheese out the Treants with break damage level spells made using materials like the Zu's beak that are very easily farmable. But If you are in the second half of the game I guess it really breaks the continuity and mood I guess. Anyway you already have the best prize available

WanderingBullet

@Feena Yup, now that I think of it, I do not regret spending all those hours fishing at all considering the quests are getting harder and harder. I only regretted not spending my remaining 47 QPs.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet yeah tell me about it, wouldn't be so bad if you could actually hurt them but no matter what i did every hit i landed just said "invulnerable"

so i equipped the ring of the lucii and that ended the hunt because it was an invalid item, not doing that one again

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Feena don't remind me of that "place", the only time i ever rage quit a Final Fantasy game

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Nei

@FullbringIchigo LOL! I thought the insane "place" was awesome but definitely the product of a deranged mind.

The treants are not immune to broadswords, lances and magic in case you want to try again Imho this is definitely the easiest quest so far - takes only 5 minutes and gives a lot of points.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena i used broadswords, lances and magic (i always have a short sword, a broadsword, a lance and magic equipped) but none of them worked

WanderingBullet

@Feena Thing is I'm only at lv 99 and those Treants were like lvl 130.

Nei

@FullbringIchigo That's strange...I am definitely doing damage with those (but not with single handed swords, daggers, guns...) Maybe you just had very bad luck and equipped weapons with some sorts of dark/sacred elemental damage.

Edited on by Nei

FullbringIchigo

@Feena maybe, i'll have a look later when i get to play it

Nei

@FullbringIchigo Ah, I realised you may have being seeing Ignis and Prompto's damage. They will be making the "invulnerable" thing pop up because of their main weapons.

I'd say go for something like this:

Noctis

Main Weapon: Iron duke or afro sword
Royal Arms Equipped just for stats bonus: Sword of the Father & Axe of the Conqueror
Magic Equipped: Limit Break Freeze (999 Potency)
Accessories: Ribbon/Rainbow Pendant, +Strength Accessory, +Strength Accessory. Tech boost if you have it.
Costume: Prince's Fatigue for added damage

Gladiolus

Main weapon: Iron duke or afrosword. It helps to remove the Shield so he can't use it. These monsters are immune to shield damage...
Technique: Impulse.

Accessories: Ribbon/Rainbow Pendant, +Vitality, +Vitality

Ignis

Main weapon: whatever. Sadly you can't disequip guns.
Techinque: Overwhelm
Accessories: Ribbon/Rainbow Pendant, +Vitality, +Vitality - (Honestly, either MV1's or MV2's would work if available!)

Prompto - whatever.

Basically spam magic, impulse and overwhelm. Keep parrying/warp striking while they recharge.

Edited on by Nei

Nei

KratosMD wrote:

So I've been trying to get past FFIV these past months and I've never seem to quite want to let it go because I didn't manage to finish it, so I decided to do the next best thing and watch the ending online instead of grinding for hours for the final boss. After watching it now, I'm ready to give my final thoughts about the game.

I felt like this one is the best I've played so far. It had a better story than the previous three games, there were a lot of variety to the gameplay and the introduction of active time battle system made it more hectic, which I liked. Also, the dungeons are SO much better than they ever were thanks to resting spots midway through the dungeons, which was an amazing improvement compared to the previous games. My only main gripe with this game was the final boss, which had an enormous difficulty spike and hindered me from finishing the game. Although that will probably be a common thing with most FF games from here on out so I will try to act like it's a normal thing with this series. Other than that, the ending was great and I finally feel like I'm done with this game.

I don't know which game I will be playing next, it will have to be either starting a new playthrough of V or continuing my playthrough of VI but either way, I really want to continue playing more of this series now that my summer break starts next week and I'm really in a mood to play more Final Fantasy. I've missed some good ol' turn-based RPGing.

Kudos! IV is the first one that really feels like "Final Fantasy" to me, but I started playing from VI so it might have shaped my perception. I'd say mix up old and new...VII might be interesting to play before the remake and then maybe go for X? It's a very different experience.
I also recommend XV, it's a lot of fun and so many little details clicked with me - though at this point you might just wait for the inevitable "deluxe version" after all the DLC/updates are rolled out this year.

ArkhamKnerd

Does anyone think there will be some definitive edition of FFXV with all the DLC included (once it's all released)? I have yet to play the game and though I keep feeling tempted to buying it...I feel like holding off until such a version is released. Good idea? Or is it unlikely to happen and I might as well buy it already?

ArkhamKnerd

PSN: ArkhamKnerd

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic