Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 3,695

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Tasuki I don't think so (I'm playing the PSP version). After restoring all the crystals, a secret door opens up at the Chaos Shrine that takes you to the final dungeon-The Labrinth of Time, at the end of which awaits Chaos.

After that the credits roll. According to the GBA guide I've been following anyway.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight Ah ok yeah as I said its been awhile since I played FF, I honestly don't remember that part. I think I will have to dust of my GBA and do a play through of FF.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

WanderingBullet

Got 50 points from catching 10 fishes. 950 points to go, anyone know when the active timed quest ends?

Huntin' monsters erryday.

WanderingBullet

Can you only get the Papa Bird and Baby Bowl recipe post game? I've tried a few times by reloading and resting at the hotel but she doesn't spawn.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet i caught 20 fishes, got 50 points then turned the game off for a break, now no matter how many i catch i don't get any more points, so i'm waiting for it to end now

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Nei

@WanderingBullet @FullbringIchigo you can upload your quest time every hour and then it will take some time to update the results. Anyway you can't get more than 50QP per hour (+the QP you get for your position in the chart that hour/day/week) ...it's terribly stingy!
I hope the next timed quest is less frustrating ...

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena same but every time i try to upload i get a error message so i can't

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

WiiWareWave

I FINALLY got Knights of The Round without abusing the airship glitch on the island that it's located on in Final Fantasy VII!

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Nei

@Reanfan7 congrats! now enjoy THAT cutscene @FullbringIchigo the worst thing is that if you exit the game without uploading and saving it doesn't count at all...I am just aiming at 500 QP to get the 999 AP at this point, 1000 for the Afrosword ma bye beyond my level of commitment.

WanderingBullet

I got the Afrosword and also bought 50 Oracle Coins. Like Feena said, I hope Round 1's second quest is less frustrating and tedious as I plan on getting the 999 AP and maybe the Vexxos.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

WanderingBullet

Well, I'm glad I grinded for the Afrosword and the Coins during the previous fishing quest only because it seems like the current hunt quests will only reset only if you have completed all four of them and not on an hourly basis. I'm still only at Chapt 8, which means I can only do the first three hunts once.

FullbringIchigo

@WanderingBullet i did the first hunt but couldn't find the second one even though i looked over the entire area it said it was in

i'm not having much luck with these things

WiiWareWave

Are there any optional costumes that can be unlocked through sidequests in Lightning Returns? I know there are a bunch that can be unlocked by progressing through the story, but I wanna make sure I don't miss anything.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Nei

WanderingBullet wrote:

I got the Afrosword and also bought 50 Oracle Coins. Like Feena said, I hope Round 1's second quest is less frustrating and tedious as I plan on getting the 999 AP and maybe the Vexxos.

wow I am impressed! How did you do it? In case threes another fishing quest in the future.

The second is way more enjoyable...driving here and there listening to classic FF music and slaying monsters! But yeah there is a nasty fourth monster you have to slay in order for the quests to restart.

Nei

@FullbringIchigo that took me a while too ...the monsters are ON the rock arcs. I mean on top of them.

WanderingBullet

FullbringIchigo wrote:

@WanderingBullet i did the first hunt but couldn't find the second one even though i looked over the entire area it said it was in

i'm not having much luck with these things

Yeah, it took me like 15 minutes of running around and searching, eventually I discovered that I could climb up the arches using Chocobos.

Feena wrote:

WanderingBullet wrote:

wow I am impressed! How did you do it? In case threes another fishing quest in the future.

The second is way more enjoyable...driving here and there listening to classic FF music and slaying monsters! But yeah there is a nasty fourth monster you have to slay in order for the quests to restart.

I mostly fished in Galdin Quay. My Round Ranking was only 102 fishes caught total, placing me at only #5009 when it ended. :/ I also fished quite a bit hourly which eventually netted me enough QPs to purchase both the sword and 50 coins. I still have 227 QPs from the fishing round.

I think the hunts should reset, that way players can still do the first three hunts but not be able to gain higher rankings unless they complete the fourth hunt to make it fair for players who did.

FullbringIchigo

@Feena @WanderingBullet thanks, still square could have made that more clear

Nei

@WanderingBullet wow 102 fishes in an hour is a lot! I couldn't get more than 80 XD I will spam the new quest to get the sword - I find it quite fun. Agreed about the reset. Sou should try to get at least some kills every hour huh?

WanderingBullet

@Feena 102 is not a lot in comparison to the guy who placed #1 with like 170+ fishes caught.lol Not to mention that it sux that if 10 players caught the same amount of fishes, they'd still be ranked differently - for example from #1492-1501.

I can't get anymore QP from this hunt event since it still shows that I still have to complete the Behemoth quest. By the way, how are people getting 3500+ points per-hour? I only got a 297 score after three hunts yesterday.

Also, (for those who plan on getting the game) there's a Golden Week Sale in the NA Store for FFXV. Was hoping the Season Pass would be as well but its not.

Nei

@WanderingBullet 3500 ??? Wow - I think I could do the cycle 2 times in an hour and get around 800 maybe but that seems insane. That pesky behemoth takes me 10 minutes, but at least it's good exp. Maybe they exploit the third quest where the weak enemies keep spawning. I'll try to nuke them with magic.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic