Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 3,678

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy After the initial tutorials and the like, you can change class/job whenever you want. It’s tied to whichever weapon you have equipped so if I have a bow equipped and I switch it for a spear then I’ll automatically become a dragoon. It’s more than the first one you pick will be the class you have the highest level in by that point, so it makes sense that you would continue the story with that one rather than levelling up a different class. I’ve spent loads of time with the gathering and crafting classes too, it’s strangely good fun going out as a miner and collecting materials and then crafting equipment with it. It’s one of those games that opens up relatively slowly but to be honest, after Destiny 2 just dropped me into a world with a million things to do, it was nice for mechanics to be gradually introduced rather than having to scour a wiki looking for what I should be actually doing.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

nessisonett wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy After the initial tutorials and the like, you can change class/job whenever you want. It’s tied to whichever weapon you have equipped so if I have a bow equipped and I switch it for a spear then I’ll automatically become a dragoon. It’s more than the first one you pick will be the class you have the highest level in by that point, so it makes sense that you would continue the story with that one rather than levelling up a different class. I’ve spent loads of time with the gathering and crafting classes too, it’s strangely good fun going out as a miner and collecting materials and then crafting equipment with it. It’s one of those games that opens up relatively slowly but to be honest, after Destiny 2 just dropped me into a world with a million things to do, it was nice for mechanics to be gradually introduced rather than having to scour a wiki looking for what I should be actually doing.

Oooh ok @nessisonett that's really helpful thanks! I think I'll start it up sometime after Resident Evil 2 and Trails Of Cold Steel 2 and let you know how I get on with it!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

I’m getting really quite close to the end of Final Fantasy V now, just on the last couple of tablets and then I can tackle the Interdimensional Rift, the final mega dungeon. I’m still really enjoying it, even if I feel like I’m levelling really slowly. It’s way more open than I thought too, the first couple of worlds were linear but this goes for an approach closer to Final Fantasy VI. I stopped playing today after I accidentally used Teleport out of the 8th floor of a dungeon instead of selecting Float. I am not ashamed to say I ragequit 😂

kyleforrester87

I don’t think I am ready to dive into Dark Souls 3 after all so I have started another go on Final Fantasy 7 Remake, I reckon without the hype I’ll enjoy it a little more for what it is. That’s the plan anyway!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

So I think I’m pretty much at the final boss of FFX, but I’m stuck. Gone through the entire game without grinding just following the path/story, but I’m getting one shotted by Jecht’s second form.
The sword strike hits the entire party for ~3k. Been looking up some videos...& my party is no where near the stats they have.
It’s difficult to tell whether I’m under levelled or not as there is no level, so I’m thinking I’ll just have to grind for a few hours.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

@Fight_Teza_Fight I got wiped by Jecht and had to grind for a bit too. Do you have any ultimate weapons? Auron’s is absolutely ludicrous.

themcnoisy

@Fight_Teza_Fight no no no don't grind. Boss levels are in sync with your level. You can beat the game at lvl 1.

Look up a guide as I can't remember (had difficulty with a Seifer fight if memory serves me correct).

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

HallowMoonshadow

... Isn't Seifer from FF VII @themcnoisy? Pretty darn sure boss levels don't sync in FFX either. X can probably be beaten by not using the sphere grid/levelling up but only by madmen abusing aeons 😄

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Voltan

@themcnoisy @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Seifer is from VIII and that game's a little different because your power's connected to your spell reserves more than actual stats. Need to farm with the "draw" ability in that one.

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

I picked up Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age for a tenner off Ebay. I loved Vagrant Story as a kid, and this is in the same world with them both being created by Yasumi Matsuno. Not that I'm expecting any massive cross over events or anything, but makes sense why XII appealed to me more than the other FF games I was looking at.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

themcnoisy

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @Voltan @kyleforrester87 I have no idea what I was talking about. Got Seymour mixed up with Seifer ROFL. And then mixed ff8 + 10 up. Doh!

@JohnnyShoulder FF Tactics is set in Ivalice too. I have ff12 on my shelf and will start it up after I'm done with 7.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

HallowMoonshadow

Well that was a deal and a half @JohnnyShoulder! Just the standard edition I assume and not the nice fancy steelbook version?

Really should get round to booting it back up TZA again as I was really quite fond of it on the PS2. Rather lovely atmosphere and world design with a rather memorable soundtrack. The voice acting was great too & I was quite fond of the story as well despite it being a bit of a wild goose chase at times.

Be interesting to hear what you think of it whenever you get round to it!

Ha no worries @themcnoisy, happens to all of us! 😄

I can barely remember my time with VIII to be honest. Played it for the first time 3/4 years ago and only got to the second disc before I dropped it.

Really should give it another shot at some point but I still haven't returned to XII TZA as I said to johnny. Not to mention I have X & X-2's PS4 versions in the backlog too even if I've already played the hell out of the PS2 versions and the PS3 remaster... I haven't even thought about trying FF IX either...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Yeah just the standard edition, but I almost got the Steelbook (which looked very nice indeed) for 14 quid, but someone beat me to it!

I'm in a good place to start it pretty soon as I'm kinda in a bit of a gaming limbo at the mo. Not played a FF or any kind JRPG since VII Remake (which has almost been a year, blimey that has gone quick!), so definitely due to play one.

I saw that @themcnoisy in the latest OPM mag. They did a nice feature on FF IXV and XVI, and then ranked all the games in the series. XII came out on top, and the recent article on here pushed me over the edge to buy it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Fight_Teza_Fight

@nessisonett Finally took down Jecht. No ultimate weapons just normal gear. @themcnoisy I didn’t even consider that the game had level scaling! Make sense why i found it difficult.
I was still getting one shotted during the second phase despite levelling.

In the end i got him to phase 2, summoned Yojimbo & paid him all my gil & as the RNG gods would have it he used Zanmato. Instant kill 😂.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

belmont

OK random rant time.

Seriously give me a reason why Final Fantasy 1 to 6 are not available in modern platforms. I am not the only one that wants them and plays them from time to time on my Vita... When they started porting FF9 and 8 in PS4 I thought all would appear eventually and I am glad we have 7, 7 Remake, 10, 10-2 and 12 but I want the full package.
Also, I still find it bizzare the the 13 trilogy is not on PS4 too.

belmont

nessisonett

@belmont They’re on iOS and PC so they are available on ‘modern devices’ as such but it’s true that it’s a bit odd they aren’t on PS4/5 and Xbox. Perhaps there’s some dodgy stuff behind the scenes getting them to work or they worry about the potential backlash the dreadful iOS graphics would receive being ported. Or they’re planning to work with Nintendo for a potential GBA app on Switch, at least in my dreams 😂

Voltan

Is the iOS version of 6 any good btw? I somehow still never finished it... got to the apocalypse-like part twice and something always got in the way...

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan It’s essentially the same game, but with pretty horrid graphics. Final Fantasy VI is an absolute masterpiece but there still isn’t a definitive version of it, as the GBA version has a worse soundtrack and the iOS version has those graphics despite the extra content both versions have.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic