Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,581 to 2,600 of 3,698

nessisonett

Can everyone agree that Chadley is the worst NPC name of all time like it’s Bradley... but for Chad. There’s just something extremely horrible about that name combined with his weird robot voice.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

ApostateMage

@nessisonett I keep hoping the next VR fight will be against Chadley so I can make Tifa pummel him.

@JohnnyShoulder I thought that it would make fights easier but I still get a good hiding sometimes in non boss encounters. The difficulty spikes are all over the place in this game.

ApostateMage

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett @ApostateMage the only NPC i eant to punch in the face is Hojo, especially after that scene where he says what he did with Ifalna

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Matroska that's odd i was level 45 and never had an issue with Bahamut (on normal mode too)

of course if you just want the Materia you could always drop it down to easy temporarily

but i think you're right about the hard mode stuff, that's going to be a challenge i rekon

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

nessisonett

I’m curious about how the VR actually works. Is Cloud just running about slashing at thin air while civilians run for cover?

jdv95

man that pull up mini game is no joke.

srsly jules can F off with his crazy recovery after falling off the first time.

jdv95

FullbringIchigo

@jdv95 tell me about it but i noticed that he tends to only do about 44 pull ups so if you just ignore him completely and only concentrate on Tifa, her movements and the tempo of the music you should be OK

as long as you can keep the rhythm and the speed going of course

FullbringIchigo

Hey Share Factory has a FFVII Remake Theme so you can add FFVII Remake intros, transitions and stuff to you videos, i tried it out and they aint bad

anyone going to use it and produce some FFVII Remake vids?

Anti-Matter

Can i discuss about old Final Fantasy games ?
Maybe i can start with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates NDS
I have never played that game before but i heard it was good enough to play.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

FullbringIchigo

@Anti-Matter you can talk about any and all FF related stuff here

As for Rings of Fate yeah it's a pretty good game actually definitely worth a play and so is Crystal Bearers on the Wii

nessisonett

@Anti-Matter Rings of Fate wasn’t awful but it’s a bit generic. Revenant Wings was a better spin-off on the DS.

FullbringIchigo

not sure if they mean in the 3 days from launch or the last 3 days but it's a good number especially in the current healt crisis

Untitled

FullbringIchigo

so i'm playing through FFVIIR again and i still wanna punch Hojo in his stupid face

anyone else feel disappointed you can't smack him one in the game
Untitled

Matroska

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, they went in much sooner on the whole "Hojo is a maniac" angle. I mean, before in the Shinra Building you knew he was bad but not to the degree you know later.

By the way, anyone else notice in interesting thing with Stamp? You see him multiple times through the game and he always looks the same, he's always a beagle or similar. Then in the first Zack scene, a crisp packet dramatically gets blown at the camera and lingers there taking up the whole image. It's got Stamp on it and it's a different design for once, a different breed of dog like a Yorkshire Terrier or something. A nice way of showing it's a parallel timeline where things have gone differently rather than a flashback to "our" Zack surviving that fight.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

PSN: Matroska_

FullbringIchigo

@Matroska it could be anything, a old version of the mascot before a rebrand, a knock off, perhaps Stamp even has a mate dog, mascots do come in pairs a lot point is no one actually knows yet

hell it could just be a mistake (although the fact the camera lingers on it for a second would discount that)

Matroska

@FullbringIchigo I doubt it. Cloud arrives at Midgar only a month or two before the start of VII. They're not gonna change his design so much in a few weeks. You think SE made Stamp identical in like a dozen different places and then in one scene accidentally draw him totally differently AND ram that one image right up to the screen? Why make such a huge point of saying "hey, Stamp is different here" at the end of a serious scene? We already know it's in the past cos of what's happening. You think at that pivotal scene SE wanted to drop some lore that Stamp products have knockoffs or that Stamp has a friend also called Stamp that's a different breed?

You even see the same packet of crisps at Jessie's mom's house, several of them, with the normal Stamp on. So SE made two versions of the same crisps with two different versions of Stamp then the only time we see the alternate is in that scene which shows a different version of events from what we know.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

ApostateMage

I've just met Red XIII and I was honestly expecting him to talk like the intelligent gremlin from Gremlins 2. A bit disappointed when he didn't. He looks good though for a 'ratdog'.

ApostateMage

FullbringIchigo

@Matroska like i said who knows what it means although that scene isn't actually different from the one we know yes Zack fights the army in Crisis Core then next we see he is diying in the rain but in the original he drags Cloud to the lookout point where he is caught by some Shinra Soldiers and shot in the rain, to me it looks like they merged the 2 together

remember this is a remake, a retelling and a reimaging so we all need to take everything we know about the original and the compilation and throw it out the window, it's it's own thing and stands apart from them

Matroska

Just beat Bahamut in the final VR mission. Is that even really a spoiler? Anyway, it really isn't too bad. I think I just don't play aggressively enough. I tend treat the ATB bars like your super metre in a fighting game, where you save it for a special occasion, rather than just letting rip. Also regen helps with his DoT aura. Actually quite a fun fight, kinda Soulsy.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

ApostateMage

Just done the long and utter tedious bike section at the end then sat through some cutscenes where I didn't have a clue what was going on. I couldn't be arsed with trying to whittle down another boss with a million hp so turned it off for the night. I just want to step outside the Midgar bubble and go and see Choco Bill.

ApostateMage

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic