Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 3,678

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah me too actually but once i get used to the battle system i should be able to flow in combat much more efficiently

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

kyleforrester87

The boss just had a bit too much HP really. It’s not a deal breaker but it wasn’t really challenging so much as it was a little bit of an endurance test.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@FullbringIchigo That's what I figure. I really need to work on my timing with the dodges. I kept getting hit by enemy lasers, which are perfectly dodgeable.

When I fight the scorpion again, I need to actually attack its legs in the final stretch of the battle, and try to avoid more of its close-range attacks.

The combat in this game feels like what Kingdom Hearts' combat should have been. Action-based, but tactical thinking needed to perform well.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

johncalmc

@kyleforrester87 I thought that, but my girlfriend was playing the demo at the same time as me and she killed it in half the time. So I think we were just doing it a bit wrong.

johncalmc

Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah yeah me too also Barret has Lightning Magic so use that on the legs, makes it much easier

@KratosMD i chose 30 too as i wasn't sure how long it was going to take to escape but next time i'll chose 20

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Ralizah

@KratosMD There was an extra cutscene? Guess I'll need to pick 20 minutes when I play the actual game. What a dumb decision to lock a cutscene behind such a seemingly arbitrary decision.

EDIT: 30 minutes.

@FullbringIchigo My problem is that I had already used up Barret's MP casting Thunder on the main unit. I can't wait to see some of the bosses in later games with this combat system. Like Hojo's final form, or the hydra in that cave (forget what its name was).

Edited on by Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah Not sure it's a dumb decision, I did 30 minutes too but I figured you'd get some kind of reward for doing it quicker. Why wouldn't you?

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87

EDIT: Story content like that shouldn't be a "reward" for a mostly arbitrary decision like how long to set a bomb. Not without some warning, at least.

Hope there's not a lot of that.

Edited on by Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah Hm, well I chose 30 minutes and I didn't get a Sephiroth cutscene? Anyway, I don't really see the problem though, you can miss out on plenty of cut scenes in games by making different decisions or just straight up missing a section.

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

@KratosMD Oh, I saw that. It was just like a quick preview for the actual game.

Interesting that didn't show up for everyone.

nessisonett

@Ralizah Yeah I got an extra cutscene and I picked 20 minutes. It’s basically a montage trailer thing with added Sephiroth.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@nessisonett Yeah, I saw it. I thought he meant some sort of story content.

It makes sense to reward players with a trailer for picking the stricter time option.

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo Yeah I found the boss challenging but still fun. You really had strategise which party members to control, when to use your abilities and heal your party. I think I only had a couple of potions left, so made it by the skin of my teeth.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder it's definitely a game where you have to think as you fight, which is good

WanderingBullet

Cloud was cool but my favourite character in the demo was Jessie. Barret was over the top and also a bit of a jerk towards Cloud but shooting enemies with his gatling gun was quite fun.

I also chose 30 minutes and played it on normal difficulty. Not sure if I want to play it again for the extra cutscene but if choosing 20 minutes unlocks a reward for the full game then I'll definitely play the demo again.lol

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

nessisonett

I like how Barrett sounds like a WWF wrestler. Might as well be shouting ‘MACHO MAN’S A COMIN’. He also calls Cloud ‘Soulja Boi’.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@WanderingBullet I mean Barrett is supposed to be a jerk to Cloud, that is who he is initially. So if he comes across that way, that is the devs doing a good job.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic