Forums

Topic: Final fantasy discussion thread

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 3,698

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 just the DVD but I can follow it well enough. There's a few things which are really annoying which detract from the film.

The crazy amount of fan service overshadowed the film - 5 second blasts of tunes from the game - a quick look at a location - here's someone from the game - here's a flashback, here's another tune. As a standalone experience it's too far out there and disjointed, you couldn't enjoy this with a none FF fan.

Too many action scenes, I love action scenes but watching cloud swipe away the 50th attack is boring.

Cloud doubting himself. He's already gotten over all that and makes him look really pitiful - my Cloud would never act like that sissy. Also why does he leave that box of materia in the wide open in the bombed out church? How stupid is he?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@themcnoisy I dunno, Cloud has a nice enough arc in the film. The guns do kill a lot of those monsters that attack neomidgar. The DVD cut is very disjointed. I’d give it 4/10, and the extended cut 6.5/10.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

HallowMoonshadow

... I actually watched Advent Children BEFORE I'd played Final Fantasy VII. By like Ten years. I actually quite enjoyed it 😂

Also... THERE WAS A CHOCOBO RACING?!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy to be fair about Clouds mood it was mainly because he was ill and couldn't protect his family one of whom was also ill with the same disease and it brought back all the feelings of how he failed to protect Aerith and couldn't do anything to help Zack

it's better explained in Advent Children Complete than in the original DVD release

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

HallowMoonshadow

Huh... So THAT'S the price I paid @kyleforrester87 for X-2 being my first Final Fantasy

The fact that the chocobo has rocket powered skates is pretty adorable. Gameplay looks a little... barebones? I dunno something seems a little off compared to most other racers... Still looks neat though

... HOLY MOLY NOT at £100+ THOUGH!

Though why is the japanese import only £5?! :')

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

FullbringIchigo

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy yeah it's bloody expensive sadly but that's one of the issues if you wanna buy retro games, if the sellers know there is a demand then they will jack up the prices

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

HallowMoonshadow

Ugggghhh tell me about it @FullbringIchigo ! I'd love a copy of The Legend Of Dragoon but my poor wallet and that £90+ price tag 😂

I admittedly dismissed FFVII, VIII & such as I wasn't in to JRPG's when they initially released @kyleforrester87 and thought they looked quite stuffy and boring from the adverts.

Didn't know anything about X-2 and just saw it on sale in Argos for like £15/20 a year after it came out and bought it on a whim

The completely absurd nature of the opening concert cinematic just roped me in!

Ultimately the narrative is mostly pants, but I love the dress sphere/job system and the battle mechanics.

It's quick (but not too fast like FFXIII is to me) and just quite enjoyable that you can change jobs on the fly, the different grids and stat bonuses/abilities you have making it pretty flexible and customisable

... I think I must've put 120+ hours in the HD remaster verison of X-2 that added the creature creator mode, the fighting tourneys and Last Mission stuff!

X definitely is the better game and XII has some of the best voice acting in a game ever to me ... But X-2 will always have a special place in my library.

Without it I wouldn't be playing all these wonderful JRPG's or RPG's like Persona (or any of the SMT games), the afforementioned Legend Of Dragoon and a whole bunch of others

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

JohnnyShoulder

A bit of of a bummer that Final Fantasy VIII Remastered will only be a digital release for all those collectors out there.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder it's better than not getting it at all though

JohnnyShoulder

@FullbringIchigo I never have guessed that! 😂

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

themcnoisy

So who's spending a whopping £16 to get the best game out this year on Tuesday?

FullbringIchigo

@themcnoisy i pre-ordered it last week, i have been waiting ages for this to come and i'm not missing a single second

kyleforrester87

I reckon i’ll get this one on Switch!

I think I probably haven’t been playing it properly in the past.. in terms of levelling and GFs and stuff

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@Frigate what’s wrong with borders? I quite like them to be honest. Although that wasn’t always the case. Anything other than black, I have a problem with, though.

kyleforrester87

themcnoisy

@Frigate get on it bro!

@kyleforrester87 It will be good to hear what you think replaying it in 2019.

@FullbringIchigo Good times. I will be buying it on release. Tuesday cant come quick enough!

JohnnyShoulder

@Frigate I'm not keen on anything with borders either. Games, movies, tv shows i try to get to get rid of them if I can.

Not sure what that has to do with going on vacation or renewing your passport though? 🤷‍♂️

themcnoisy

@Frigate I love borders, surf borders are my favourite.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic