Forums

Topic: Dex's Diner - The Star Wars Topic

Posts 201 to 220 of 810

RogerRoger

@LN78 Yeesh. I don't even wanna imagine what you mean by that! It's a bit of a minefield, and definitely a last resort for me. I spend more time doing research on the sellers who I'm potentially gonna send money to than I do actually searching for the stuff I want.

Never purchased anything from Etsy before, but used to buy from Redbubble quite often. No complaints.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@LN78 Your eBay story reminds me of the time I saw Sonic Unleashed in CEX with an ‘interesting’ brown stain on the case. Could not imagine working in that store 😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@KidBoruto Hello there! And a happy Revenge of the Fifth to you!

Untitled

I'm really excited for Obi-Wan as well. Given how most of the other Disney+ shows take place many, many years later in the timeline, I'm kinda okay with Obi-Wan being its own little thing. Of course I'd love more episodes, or more seasons, but it might be kinda refreshing to keep it contained, and might make the writers go all out, take their one shot with these characters and do something real special.

That's my hope, at any rate! Fingers tightly crossed!

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@KidBoruto @RogerRoger Honestly I'm rather jealous. It's times like these that I wish I could get past my dislike for the prequel era. I've tried so hard recently to see it in a better light but I just can't.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

KidRyan

RogerRoger wrote:

@Th3solution Your post is well-timed, as I was having similar thoughts the other day and, regarding the last decade's output, I agree with you, I think it's been much more positive than not. I don't really read any of the books but otherwise, I'd break down Disney's multimedia output as follows:

The Great
1) Star Wars: The Bad Batch
2) The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett
3) Star Wars: Rebels
4) Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
5) Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Final Season
6) Rogue One

The Good
1) Star Wars: Squadrons
2) Star Wars: Battlefront II (eventually)
3) Solo
4) Star Wars: Visions

The Fine Enough
1) Star Wars: Battlefront
2) Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker
3) Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi
4) Star Wars: Resistance
5) Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

I agree with most of your list, though I'd personally put Resistance in The Good and Visions in The Great.

LN78 wrote:

@KidBoruto @RogerRoger Honestly I'm rather jealous. It's times like these that I wish I could get past my dislike for the prequel era. I've tried so hard recently to see it in a better light but I just can't.

That's fair, the prequels aren't for everyone! It helped I was still a child when they came out probably.

I do recommend giving The Clone Wars and Rebels a shot though, amazing cartoons.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

LN78

@KidBoruto I was going to give them a try in the aftermath of my recent prequel experiment and in the lead up to the "Obi-Wan" series but decided against it in the end. I just don't care enough. I guess I'll keep up with the happenings on Disney+ right here in the Push Square "Star Wars" topic!

LN78

RogerRoger

@KidBoruto If I'm totally honest, I think I'm more excited about the second season of The Bad Batch, which has been promised for later in the year. But you're right, Obi-Wan is generating a special level of anticipation, one that feels very similar to back when I was a kid!

Because yeah, same as you. Was introduced to Star Wars via the Special Editions, and they made me a fan, but it was then the prequels that guaranteed my lifelong obsession.

Thanks for going back to that list, by the way! I need to give Resistance a second shot, and I haven't seen all of it, so it was a bit cheeky of me to rank it. Good to know you think it deserves higher placement, though, and not lower! I need to be mindful of my reaction to Rebels, I think. As for Visions, my opinion on each individual chapter is all over the place, and runs counter to the general consensus, so I figured I'd play it safe. For me personally, some of it was great, and some of it less so. It's certainly the most diverse Star Wars series ever created, that's for sure! Which chapter was your favourite?

@LN78 Like I said before, at least you gave everything another shot, and you're not judging everything with a bunch of twenty-year-old opinions. It's a shame that Star Wars is so generational, because we really are waist-deep in some thick prequel fan service right now. Give it another decade or so, and the kids who grew up with the sequels will be running things, and we'll be getting a bunch of Disney+ shows celebrating the return of its cast, finally doing its characters justice.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@LN78 I get a feeling you may kill off any enjoyment you have for Star Wars if you force yourself to watch all of that!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LN78

@JohnnyShoulder I'm an OT person when all is said and done. I'll always love those movies. The rest I can do without.

LN78

BearsEatBeets

Had some Lego Star Wars turn up today and quite impressed with one of the freebies.
Untitled
Untitled
Thought it was going to be plastic but it's a sloid bit of metal. Should I put it on my keys though?

Having re-watched the films awhile back I now get the thread name. Not going to say much on the films other than to say my opinions were more reinforced than altered and that I love Rogue One.

@RogerRoger I've just restarted with giving Clone Wars a go, seeing as Kenobi starts soon. Maybe the third times the charm.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Good luck, and don't forget to skip the non-essential episodes!

Also, that beskar keyring is pretty sweet, and is making collectors go nuts, so keep it safe, because it'll go for quite a pretty penny in a couple years. I've got a similar one from a while back, which is of a LEGO Han Solo in carbonite, and it's insane how much people are prepared to pay.

Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

@RogerRoger Cheers. I got 3 little freebies with the new Landspeeder and yeah think they could end up being collector's items as you can't get them normally. Han Solo in carbonite sounds like a cool one. I've got a few little sets like that with purchases in the past too. Got a couple of random Easter sets when I got the recent Delorean.

There was an interesting series on TV about Toy auctions and one was about Star Wars toys. Some the things went for silly money.

Just looked it up and this was it if anyone is curious.
https://www.toynews-online.biz/2022/03/11/tv-show-goes-behind...

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

KidRyan

LN78 wrote:

@KidBoruto I was going to give them a try in the aftermath of my recent prequel experiment and in the lead up to the "Obi-Wan" series but decided against it in the end. I just don't care enough. I guess I'll keep up with the happenings on Disney+ right here in the Push Square "Star Wars" topic!

No worries! When I eventually get around to re-watching the Clone Wars and Rebels series, I will definitely consider sharing my thoughts here.

RogerRoger wrote:

@KidBoruto If I'm totally honest, I think I'm more excited about The Bad Batch Season 2, which has been promised for later in the year. But you're right, Obi-Wan is generating a special level of anticipation, one that feels very similar to back when I was a kid!

Because yeah, same as you. Was introduced to Star Wars via the Special Editions, and they made me a fan, but it was then the prequels that guaranteed my lifelong obsession.

Thanks for going back to that list, by the way! I need to give Resistance a second shot, and I haven't seen all of it, so it was a bit cheeky of me to rank it. Good to know you think it deserves higher placement, though, and not lower! I need to be mindful of my reaction to Rebels, I think. As for Visions, my opinion on each individual chapter is all over the place, and runs counter to the general consensus, so I figured I'd play it safe. For me personally, some of it was great, and some of it less so. It's certainly the most diverse Star Wars series ever created, that's for sure! Which chapter was your favorite?

I remember holding a small toy Star Destroyer when I went to see one of the original films with my mom in theaters....though most of my memories come from re-watching the Original Trilogy VHS tapes to death as a child.

You're welcome! It helped that I treated Resistance as it's own thing, ignoring the sequel trilogy connections as much as I could.

That's a tough one to answer, I appreciated all of them! If I can only pick one, it'd have to be the Astro Boy-esque one.

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets It's a game trying to guess what'll get real expensive in the future. It isn't just exclusivity that determines rarity, but also the popularity of a character or set of characters. I think that beskar keyring will fetch a high price because it's the one-two punch of being an exclusive item and an item tied to one of the most popular aspects of Star Wars, namely the Mandalorians. Even figures of the most random, nondescript Mandalorians factor in that premium, and there's been a similar thing surrounding all the different Clone Troopers of late, as well. Can get pretty crazy but hey, you got your freebie with the sets you wanted, so if you wanna put your keys on that keyring, I say go ahead!

@KidBoruto I used to carry around Star Wars Micro Machines in my pocket all the time, and think I took a couple to The Phantom Menace. It's awesome that you got shown them at home on VHS first, and that you had some pre-existing excitement before the Special Editions!

Oh yeah, I know the Visions episode you mean! That was pretty sweet. My favourite was the one about the rock band, because it was such a fresh and unique idea for a Star Wars story.

Making It So Since 1987

KidRyan

RogerRoger wrote:

@KidBoruto I used to carry around Star Wars Micro Machines in my pocket all the time, and think I took a couple to The Phantom Menace. It's awesome that you got shown them at home on VHS first, and that you had some pre-existing excitement before the Special Editions!

Oh yeah, I know the Visions episode you mean! That was pretty sweet. My favourite was the one about the rock band, because it was such a fresh and unique idea for a Star Wars story.

I think my Star Destroyer was a Micro Machine, come to think of it. I was 10 years old when the Phantom Menace came out, so I considered myself too big/old to take toys with me in public lol.

Rock Band episode was very surprising! I was expecting them to take the fight to Jabba but instead they landed a gig lol.

RogerRoger

@KidBoruto Hey, you're never too old for Star Wars toys! Case in point, my May the Fourth impulse purchases turned up the other day...

Untitled

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

LN78

@RogerRoger Blimey! For a minute there I thought those were original on-card figures from the early 80's and that you'd won the lottery or something!

LN78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic