Forums

Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 Hype Thread!

Posts 81 to 100 of 242

LieutenantFatman

@Kyroki
Awful in what way? Is it the Cyberpunk aspect that puts you off?

LieutenantFatman

BearsEatBeets

From a Kotaku article here are the character cutomisation options,

'For those who want to see every option, there’s a lot. 6 skin types, 35 hairstyles, 17 eyes, 8 eyebrows, 17 eyes, 17 mouths, 17 jaws, 17 ears, 8 bits of “cyberware” (as well as no cyberware), 9 types of scars plus off, 6 types of tatts plus off, 11 piercings plus off, 5 types of teeth, 8 bits of eye makeup, 5 bits of lip makeup plus off, 3 blemishes, 3 types of nipples, 5 types of body tatts, 2 types of body scars, 2 dick types, 1 vagina option, dick size options, and 5 types of pubic hairs.'

I wonder if you can have cybernetic pubic hairs?

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets The only problem for me is that I can already picture the thousands and thousands of videos that’ll be on YouTube of people messing around with the dick options. Really not looking forward to all the ‘jokes’ with morons like TheQuartering sticking dicks on traditionally female bodies and making fun of it. There’s roughly a 100% chance it’ll come down to that.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett yeah, fortunately I find the 'don't recommend this channel' button very handy. I use it any time I see anything with a pathetic or a clickbait title.

BearsEatBeets

ApostateMage

If the original female V is a preset then I'll stick with that.

Untitled

Edited on by ApostateMage

ApostateMage

BearsEatBeets

@ApostateMage If it's not I imagine you will be able to recreate it with the options. It would be strange to use the look for the first major gameplay then completely remove it.

I noticed this sentence in the article too 'Either way, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to see your avatar in the flesh'. It doesn't elaborate in any way so I'm intrigued as to what it's referring. I thought it was basically just seeing your reflection or on a bike now but maybe there are other times.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Digital Foundry has just added their thoughts about the trailer/gameplay. I'm watching football before I go to work but I've got about half a dozen Cyberpunk impression vids in my Youtube subs to watch when i get home.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Me too, might watch some a bit later and the rest before work tomos morning.

That trailer sure looked good. I see some are doubting whether it will look that good on the base consoles. I'm sure it will still look good, it is hardly like games such as HZD, God of War, RDR2, Resi Evil Remakes, TLOU2 etc were lacking in that department.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

I’m very unsure about this. Artistically and graphically, it’s a cool looking game, but I don’t know. Seems a little excessively over-the-top from the trailer. The fact that it looks reminiscent of GTA is not a plus in my book. I’m not a hater, and you all know I’m not a troll; I’m just honestly feeling it less and less. Perhaps CDPR is going to really come up with something special rather than try to recapture the GTAV momentum, but so far I’m definitely not pre-ordering yet. Nevertheless, November is a loooong time away so things could change.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BearsEatBeets

@ApostateMage I vaguely remember reading most of those cutscenes had been removed as they wanted to have cutscenes more seamless with gameplay and play out in first person. Hopefully I’m remembering it wrong or it was never true in the first place.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@Th3solution I think they definitely took some GTA influences with the trailer and will be hoping to reach a large number of the same gamers but I think it will be massively different in gameplay. Still, sometimes a game can look good but not exactly trigger excitement or interest. Maybe they will win you over with the next showing.

BearsEatBeets

kyleforrester87

(I finally got round to watching one of the longer game play videos and it does look bloody good, but I'm suspicious.. I wonder if player choice really has as much impact as they say it does, we've been told this many times before!)

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 I've just watched the vid from Skill Up, who played 5 hours of the game and he mentioned that player choice does effect the game, from how the missions play out to even smaller things like an NPC referencing it in conversation.

He wasn't totally glowing about the game either, so is a good watch if you want an honest opinion about the game so far.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder Cool I'll have a look - I think it's difficult for people to give a fair impression in only 4 hours, you'll inevitably focus more on the immediately obvious like shooting mechanics/driving etc. which are probably not going to feel like Destiny or Gran Turismo.

The shooting in Deus Ex is pretty rough but you get used to it and it becomes enjoyable.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ApostateMage

My hype has gone through the roof. I can't wait to grab this as soon as it's released for PS4 and again for PS5.

ApostateMage

redd214

Watched the stream again and it looks stellar. Though honestly I'm hoping the "Brain Dance" thing isnt too prominent as it looks kind of tedious to do. Aside from that loved what I saw, dont really need anything more on this game, they've got my money!

redd214

Octane

@redd214 Yeah, the rest looks great, but the Brain Dance looked slow and tedious. I'm not sure I'd want to spend 20 minutes fiddling with play forward and reverse options looking for clues.

Octane

Th3solution

@Arugula Ok, good - at least I’m not the only one. I’m alright with taking one for the team. 😜. @kyleforrester87 may still come after you though, but if he gives your grief, just say something about how great Fez is and he calms right back down. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.