Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 2,454

Octane

@Ralizah I didn't realise this virus was a popularity contest.

Octane

nessisonett

@Arugula When they said ‘America First’, I didn’t think they meant this!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RR529

Passed by the Weather Channel this afternoon and saw this...
Untitled

Only in America, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

themcnoisy

So the UK as at a weird place right now, similar in many ways to when the USA had a down slide of deaths. Everyone thinks its OK and life's back to normal again, almost everyone I know is back out and doing stuff regularly. This is the most dangerous time.

As the virus multiplies exponentially spread predominantly A-symptomaticly its only a matter of time for things to go nuts again. We should be trying to kill the virus but it's kind of just lingering around like a bad smell.

Some good points today though is the realisation that antibody tests don't give a true picture of people who have had coronavirus. People who have a brief brush with the virus don't tend to get antibodies but their bodies can still give a T response or something. So the % of the population to have had it are likely to be way higher with a level of protection than the statistics state (10% a couple of weeks back).

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Thrillho

@themcnoisy I think that at the moment in the UK you just have to do what feels right for you.

My parents came down last weekend and I had no problem with that. They've been going out to pubs with beer gardens and seeing friends for a while but me and the wife haven't really done that at all. We did take them out for dinner when they were down and it was absolutely fine. I decided we'd go out on the Thursday evening so it would be hopefully be a bit quieter and there were no problems.

The biggest problem at the moment is all the bloody tourists, just like every summer! That said, the beaches are crazy busy and, apparently, one we often go to had two hour queues to go down the small country road to get to it yesterday.

Thrillho

themcnoisy

@Thrillho Yes and no, the places which have additional rules enforced are 25 miles from where I live. The eat out to help out incentive is obviously a nice bonus, however it's just going to encourage people to mingle indoors. When a few areas are in a pseudo LockDown on your doorstep it's a tad worrying.

We are almost there with a vaccine and cases are rising again, to me it seems we have gone past a sensible point with the rules and business which are operating. I don't think reopening pubs was sensible tbh. I'm not concerned for myself - more so the way it could impact business which can operate relatively safely in contrast to pubs.

We have finished our first wave now with a huge sacrifice from the population and would much prefer to tighten the rules now, than wait for the inevitable reactive LockDown response when numbers rise again which effects everyone, rather than just the areas of the economy causing numbers to rise.

Thrillho

This would be hilarious if it was a spoof on The Tonight Show or something. Instead, it’s terrifying that it’s real.

Thrillho

Thrillho

Trump proudly announcing that the US death rates are lower than the world is rather special.

Thrillho

nessisonett

Good to see the US has a better death toll than the world. That’s a really clear and precise thing to say.

Ralizah

lol

I don't use the word "hate" lightly, but I really do hate that man.

Anyway, it's weird how Trump keeps granting interviews to actual journalists lately. I understand how he could have gotten ambushed on Fox News (although he should've known that Chris Wallace, of all people, wasn't going to throw him softball questions in an interview), but what's the incentive for this Axios interview? When he's doing press events, he's keen on ignoring mainstream outlets in favor of bootlickers like OAN.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@Thrillho the video is like a spoof mock up. Honestly have no idea what's going on anymore.

On one hand it's hilarious watching Trump fumble around for excuses with self soothing stats. On the other this is the most powerful man in the world with his fingers on the biggest nuclear arsenal. Mad world.

nessisonett

So if I lived across the street, I’d be back in lockdown but seem to have avoided it by the space of meters. Ludicrous.

nessisonett

@Octane Three councils here have gone into local lockdown - Glasgow, West Dunbartonshire and East Renfrewshire. I’m East Dunbartonshire so very much a close escape. It’s not even a proper lockdown, you can’t visit other households but the pubs, schools and shops are fine. It’s baffling.

Octane

@nessisonett Yeah, that's kinda comparable to over here. You can still visit other households, but it's recommended you don't invite more than six people in total (including yourself). They actually suggested going to the pub for birthday parties and whatnot. It sounds counter-intuitive, but it's easier to track if an outbreak does happen, because you have to leave your contact info when you go to the pub. Since it's in a semi-public place, they can make sure social distancing is maintained. At least, I'm sure it's better regulated than at home.

Octane

themcnoisy

Can say with certainty we are hurtling towards a second wave with kids in school. Watching my daughter going in today was awesome, all smiles and laughter.

Little trolls gonna be passing corona on like pass the parcel. 4 year olds social distancing rofl.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder That's a shame. I bet all those Richards were looking forward to their annual meet-up.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Sorry, this topic has been locked.