Forums

Topic: American Sports

Posts 141 to 160 of 190

Th3solution

@nomither6 Yeah, there did appear to be a fair number of Cowboy fans. Some teams travel better than others, fan-wise. The Cowboys seem to have diehards everywhere. And the Bucs aren’t exactly a team that has a long legacy either, so they don’t have national prominence. I’m trying to think of the greatest Bucs to ever play… uh, Tom Brady, and er… Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, and… Brad Johnson..? Jon Gruden is more synonymous with the team and the fact they revolutionized defense with the “Tampa-2”, even though Tony Dungy based the T-2 on the 70’s Steelers. 😅

Regardless, it looked like Tom Brady was playing scared behind that porous O-Line. When you’re 45, I imagine you really don’t want to take any hits, so he was just throwing the ball into the ground when anyone was within 6 feet of him. If he plays next year, he will certainly only do so if whatever team has a really good offensive line to protect his brittle wasting body.

So now we have the next round and four really good games. I’ll follow what @JudgeDredd did and bold my predictions:

JAX Jaguars vs KC Chiefs
NY Giants vs PHI Eagles
DAL Cowboys vs SF 49ers
CIN Bengals vs BUF Bills

I’m going with all the favorites , I guess. If there’s going to be an upset, I’d say maybe CIN because BUF looked messy in their win. Despite my early prediction for them to go all the way, they can’t be playing that way against the good teams.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Pizzamorg

Quite an interesting Divisional round, you have two underdog games and two coin flip games which include borderline underdogs in them. I feel like both need to include at least one "upset" as sports always do, so I am going to go Giants over Eagles and Bengals over Bills, with Chiefs and Niners as favourites grabbing their Ws.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

sorteddan

Was also about to list my predicted winners but it seems @Pizzamorg just did it for me...
...so what they said!

More hoping the Giants beat the Eagles than expecting it (two friends are Philly fans and I'd like to wind them up about it)

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@Pizzamorg @sorteddan Eagles looked unstoppable most of the season and then they seem to have come down to earth the last few weeks. They were so dominant all year long it’s hard to bet against them, but they did struggle down the stretch after Hurts got… uh hurt. 😅

They played this Giants team two weeks ago and beat them by 6 when Philly had everything to play for and NY had nothing to play for. NY was playing all their second string and I would have expected a more resounding win from Philly. I know the game wasn’t as close as the score, but Danny Jones is a whole different QB than Davis Webb. That last game was like a playoff game for Philly and like a pre-season game for NY. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens. It’s really hard to beat a team 3 times in one season (and three times within the last 6 games!)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BearsEatBeets

@JudgeDredd I support the Chiefs so I hope not. I'm certainly more concerned about it now with Patrick on the sidelines. I think Andy Reid is going to try and get this done with Henne but I'm curious what they might do if they go behind in the 3rd quarter. Patrick certainly felt he could keep going.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

@JudgeDredd Pretty shocked to see him start the second half but thought it was a good sign. Having seen that drive, this is going to be a nervy watch.

BearsEatBeets

nomither6

i can’t help but think if this was lamar jackson in mahomes situation he would’ve said ***** that and been out the rest of the game . smh

nomither6

BearsEatBeets

Just hoping Mahomes fully heals for next week but he'll play regardless. Not sure who I'd rather face out of the Bills or Bengals, both are tough teams. It should be good game between them tomorrow.

I'm off to sleep now, I'll watch Giants v Eagles when I get up.

BearsEatBeets

Pizzamorg

Jags disappointed in their game against the Chiefs, but who cares when you have Mahomes doing Mahomes stuff only now on one leg. He is just on another level from anyone else at QB. Was it a stupid decision to leave him in on that one leg if they are going to need him for two more games? Maybe, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

It is also easier to forget about the Jags underperforming given the Giants just completely collapsed. I am genuinely stunned at this game to be honest, maybe it was a longshot for the Giants to win in hindsight, but I didn't expect them to just get completely embarrassed in this way. Both teams went backwards and for one team this was a disaster and the other a positive. All the leaps and bounds the Giants had made this season when it comes to their coaching and design seemed to evaporate here, it just felt like every part of this team regressed to about a season ago. Bad play calling, poor game management, defence giving up huge plays, offence a total slop bucket. Just a total disaster. Meanwhile whatever happened over the last few weeks for the Eagles, clearly the bye was good for them, because they were back to looking truly dominant like they were doing early and midseason. Maybe some of that is because the Giants played so poorly, so it made the Eagles look better than they were, but Cowboys or Niners, if this is the form the Eagles are on, that Championship game is gonna be a hell of a matchup I think.

Th3solution

Doesn’t look like anyone will be beating the Eagles unless Hurts and Lane Johnson miss the bus or something. A team that looked to have a chink in its armor when those guys were out, now looks dominant again. I think the Super Bowl champion is all but sealed at this point.

The question is, what two teams are going be the next fodder for the Eagles to embarrass?

nomither6

@Th3solution Please let it be the heifergirls/Cowboys so i can laugh my ass off and cry tears of joy !!😂😂 its gonna go down here in texas ! the championship is the superbowl for many of these SOBs ! 😂

can’t stand the heifers especially their fans or dallas !

nomither6

nomither6

(fun team to watch though)

nomither6

BearsEatBeets

I could see the Bills getting 2 touchdowns in a quarter but I can't see them stopping the Bengals from scoring more at all. AFC Championship going to be a repeat of last year. Hopefully with a different outcome this time.

BearsEatBeets

Pizzamorg

I think I picked the Bengals, and I think the Bills have played sloppy games all year and have been lucky with a lot of the results, but even I couldn't have imagined the Bills going out in the Divisional scoring only 10 points, after limping through the Wild Card barely getting by the Dolphins. A really rough end to a season that started with so much promise. Same old Bills I guess.

nomither6

@Pizzamorg weren’t they missing star players ? i don’t follow the bills , boring organization imo

nomither6

nomither6

27 years they waited to troll the most obnoxious fanbase with their biggest disappointment yet . this is it boys ! (no pun intended)

whether they lose to the eagles or 9ers all the same to me . they’ll be out 💀

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

nomither6

any bets that maher is gonna cost them the game ? 😂

nomither6

Th3solution

@nomither6 Actually, the Eagles fans are the probably way worse. Weren’t they the ones who were hiding batteries in snowballs and throwing at the players. Apparently they even assaulted Santa Claus! Epitome of classless. 😂.

Pizzamorg

Hard to pick who has looked worse today, the Bills or the Cowboys. There was no way the Niners and the Bills would go out on the same day. The Bengals are the only team I feel I have any confidence in after this weekend, assuming Mahomes is gonna be playing on one and a half legs. Assuming Dallas don't get a miracle, looking forward to Eagles Niners probably more than Chiefs/Bengals, just because I think there is more to learn in Eagles Niners. If the Eagles blow out the Niners like they did the Giants, it is their Super Bowl to win I think.

nomither6

the cowboys fought well imo , 49ers were just the better team , can’t really put the blame on offense or defense entirely ..that awful PAT from maher screwed them over , and elliot is washed ,1 TD could’ve won them the game otherwise without OT

Edited on by nomither6

nomither6

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic