Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 3,564

JohnnyShoulder

Playing Deathloop at the mo. Initially it did not totally click with me but when I started to mix it up a bit more and not only play stealthy, which felt a bit better.

It controls brilliantly with tight gunplay (for me anyway, I can't compare it to dedicated shooters like CoD as I don't play enough of them) and movement feeling fluid. Dual Sense is pretty cool, with stuff like feeling the thumps as you run and the usual trigger resistance for the different guns. Nowhere near the level of Astro's Playroom or Returnal, but those are the gold standard.

The voice acting of the two main characters is ace. Julianna is annoying, but I think that is intentional as that is how Cole feels about her. I quite like the soundtrack, kinda reminds me of something in an old skool spy movies. 3D audio is decent with being able to tell the location of enemies around you. Like I was in a cabin and could hear the crunching of snow as someone was walking outside, looping in a semi-circle right to left. Then I stabbed them in the back when they stopped patrolling lol.

Graphically it doesn't look outstanding to me, still good just not been blown away by it. Performance wise it has been top knotch, with a only couple of noticeable dips when I switched to Visual Quality mode (4K with variable frame rate). Not tried out ray tracing mode yet but do plan to.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

I've played literally nothing this weekend as I was finishing some commissioned music work - but having finished FIST on Friday night - I'm back to the spot where I don't know what play next

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Iver Yeah there were too many trailers, gameplay demos and what not before it released. I think I zoned out after a certain point. I've been indifferent with Arkane's previous games and I was still unsure when I bought Deathloop, and kinda still am.

It defo gets better the more you get into and the different systems are layered over each other, such as gaining more abilities and being able to play around with the different time zones etc. Makes it feel quite different to games I've played before.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

themcnoisy

@colonelkilgore so I started up Borderlands 2 and it's great on PS5. Downloaded the ultra HD texture pack and it looks spiffing. I'm up to character level 10 and have just got up to the road to sanctuary. Apparently the 5th section out of 128. Will wait for you if you fancy having a go. All the dlc is available but if you want to team we can run that together

That invites to everyone else. I think you can have a party of 4.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

colonelkilgore

@themcnoisy okay cheers for the update buddy... I'm in two minds about whether to play Rise of the Tomb Raider or Borderlands 2 next if I'm honest.

I'm currently finishing up some other stuff... but will deffo let you know either way. Sounds awesome though!

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@themcnoisy Borderlands 2 is great. I got up to NG++ back on the PS3 and enjoyed replaying it on PS4 too.

The DLC is a mixed bag but the Tiny Tina one is really well done.

Which character have you gone for?

Thrillho

nessisonett

Me, my brother and my mum all played the first case of Sherlock Holmes Chapter One together and it’s proper brilliant. The way they let you draw your own conclusions is great and played in a group leads to heated discussions about who’s actually the murderer. It’s way way stranger than I thought it would be, genuinely one of the weirdest games I’ve played in a while. I’m gonna assume it’s their way of capturing Sherlock’s way of thinking but yeah, it’s very odd.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

themcnoisy

@Thrillho I went for the psycho who sets himself on fire. I was looking at the bezerker but ended up with the psycho. Maybe he was dlc?

He doesn't have any trophies linked with his abilities and wasn't in the opening cut scene either, which is leading me to believe he was dlc. Which character did you main T?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Thrillho

@themcnoisy PS3 I went with Salvador the Gunzerker as the move to wield two guns is amazing!

PS4 I played it safe and went with Axton the Commando.

Going for a character based around melee attacks is a bold move! The Pre-Sequel is good fun too but the oxygen mechanic and low gravity levels get a bit tiresome after a while. The Borderlands Telltale game is also one of my favourite by TT and it ties into BL2 (with the DLC they recently released joining them together completely).

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho If you play as Claptrap in the Pre-Sequel, you don't have to worry about oxygen!

I agree on Tales from the Borderlands. I don't think I laughed so much from playing a game.

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder Yes, but then you have to listen to Claptrap constantly

Patrick Warburton was great in the TT game too and it had some fantastic song choices in some of the episodes as well.

On a related note, I seem to remember Patrick Warburton’s son voiced a character in FF7R (he sounds incredibly like his dad) but I swear the voice actor had changed when I played the Intergrade version..

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Claptrap wasn't too bad. Plus you could mute his quips if you found it too annoying.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I'm really glad Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One has made such a strong first impression on you and your family, as I was really disappointed when reading the front page's review. Weird works wonders for the character when done right. Hope you continue to enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger It’s the sort of game where I can understand why it would get such polarising reviews. If you try to take it seriously then you’ll hate it because it’s too strange for that. I didn’t play The Sinking City because I cannot stand anything Lovecraft but I guess I can see why people coming off that game would bounce off Sherlock Holmes as it’s by all accounts way less serious.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett That's good to hear. Its trailers did have a definite undercurrent of whimsy, which would be a large part of the appeal for me. I thought it looked charming.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

Played the first level of Guardians. Loved the boss fight
The combat is ok but the writing and acting are absolutely fantastic.
Big fan of Drax.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Th3solution

Whether it’s the excitement of the Game Awards GOTY nomination or just the fact that I need a break from zombies and JRPGs — either way, I decided to start up Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart today.

First impressions are good, but I must say that I think… it’s almost too much. In Insomniac’s exuberance to showcase what the PS5 can do, they might have gone overboard.
The setting (at least in the first world that I’ve been in, which should be called “Cyberpunk 2078” by the way, or maybe “Coruscant 2.0”) is oversaturated and it’s really a sensory overload. 😅. The world is so dense, so colorful, so dynamic, and there are loads of NPC robots everywhere so it makes it difficult to know where you’re headed and more importantly, who is enemy and who is NPC. Combine that dense world with all this random appearing rifts and objects phasing in and out, well — it just is a lot to try and take in, and the game is losing a little bit of its enjoyment because of the hyperactivity of it all.

After a couple hours, I’m growing accustomed to the excessiveness of it however, and I’m beginning to enjoy it more. I’ve arrived at the second world and it looks like maybe a welcome change of pace is in store. We shall see.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution You sound like my dad when he's playing a modern game: "there's too much going on on screen!"
It might please you that all the worlds after the first have less going on visually. They're more classic gaming worlds. To me that was kind of a letdown, but maybe you'll like it better that way!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried wrote:

@Th3solution You sound like my dad when he's playing a modern game: "there's too much going on on screen!"

I was thinking that and thought Pops Shoulder had somehow hacked into Sol's account. He can barely turn off his PS4 without doing something like restarting it by mistake, so the likely hood of that happening would be minimal at best. 😂

KilloWertz

@Th3solution Like others have said, cry you a river.

Worlds in games on new gen hardware should have more going on on screen given that it makes it more realistic, especially now that the hardware doesn't limit it.

That's not meant to be harsh obviously. I hope you end up enjoying it as you should.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic