Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 501 to 520 of 3,533

Col_McCafferty

Finished FF7 last night, last few chapters were quite tough but managed to do it on Normal.

Really good game, great in fact, but for me in terms of narrative and overall quality it peaked at the end of Chapter 13. I still really loved my time with it, and kind of sad that's it all over now, but the latter chapters almost felt like the start of a new game in a weird way or at least they could've been.

Anyway, roll on Part 2 in 2027!

šŸ˜‰

Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

@velio84 No, was going to but think I'll save it for my second playthrough.

Yeah that's a really good part of the game, enjoyed Wall Market and then what happens immediately after.

Col_McCafferty

Thrillho

@Col_McCafferty I'm glad you enjoyed the marmite ending!

Those last couple of chapters are great for combat though and some of the boss fights are brilliant. But with so much party hopping at the end, I wish they had some system for being able to swap all materia from one character to another. It got pretty annoying manually doing it.

If you're thinking of doing a Hard run, I'd advise looking online for ways of AP boosting as you'll need plenty of top level HP and MP plus materia among other things.

Thrillho

Col_McCafferty

@Thrillho not having ever played the original, the ending was fine for me. Sets things up really nicely for Part II. God knows when that will eventually be released!

Col_McCafferty

NedStarksGhost

So guys I started Uncharted last night, as I only had an hour to play something and didn't fancy a run on Returnal. I enjoyed it, it does feel a bit dated but I think it holds up quite well! Some fairly funny animations and at times the jumping feels a bit stiff and janky. But overall I honestly think it holds up well and can see myself really enjoying the game!

I love Sully, quite cheesy but that's definitely a good thing!

NedStarksGhost

colonelkilgore

@NedStarksGhost yeah I always enjoy them when I play them... the original is definitely the worst too so you should really like the later entries.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@NedStarksGhost Sully is the MVP of the Uncharted franchise. Glad you like him!

@colonelkilgore Oh, let's not start the whole "ranking the Uncharted games" debate again!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

NedStarksGhost

@colonelkilgore glad to hear it! It's definitely the sort of linear single player experience I like for sitting back and just enjoyment (not for intensity such as Returnal).

@RogerRoger Yeah I can see that from early on!

NedStarksGhost

Th3solution

@NedStarksGhost Fantastic! The game has plenty of levity to balance out the insanity-inducing bleak world of Returnal. I adore the characters and voice acting in Uncharted. I played Drakeā€™s Fortune earlier this year and thought it held up pretty well, but yeah, some occasional jank and Iā€™m sure controlling Nate after playing as Selene feels like driving a schoolbus after racing around in a Ferrari.

Itā€™s fun to experience these things through new eyes!

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger But, but, Uncharted 2 is so much better than....

Even though I've had The Nathan Drake Collection for several years now, I never started playing it until right before the PS5 came out. I played them all back in the day, but it was still really nice getting to revisit the first two (haven't played the 3rd one again yet). You can tell they are old games both visually and gameplay wise, but their charm is still there like when they first came out.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Col_McCafferty

After finishing FF7 (I'm already missing the gang ā˜¹ļø), I returned to the Normandy with ME2.

I can see the difference in the framerate from the first on PS4 and it definitely plays a bit better as well but it's all about the characters and the story and the exploration of space.

I'm sure I'm going to have a really good time with this game.

Col_McCafferty

Th3solution

@Col_McCafferty I love that when a game and itā€™s characters are so good that you miss them afterwards. Itā€™s a sign of good writing and good voice acting. I find that I miss the characters most when there are several in the game rather than games with just one protagonist without a lot of other character development.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

NedStarksGhost

@Th3solution Yep that's my thinking! It creates a good balance, as all things should be.......

You're dead right, going from Selene to Drake is a weird experience. Almost adds to the game to make it a bit more challenging! The voice acting though, amazing. Loved it so far.

NedStarksGhost

Jimmer-jammer

Completed The Pathless. Wasnā€™t sure what I was getting into with it but it sits firmly as one of my favourite gaming experiences. Iā€™m currently mopping up the stuff I missed as this one is definitely platinum worthy. I havenā€™t had this much fun earning trophies in a while. A beautiful, paganistic dreamworld with a killer musical score to boot. Worth every penny.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

JohnnyShoulder

@Jimmer-jammer I have the to play next. The score is by Austin Wintory who did Journey and a few other games. I'm not really aware of many video composers, but always look out for one of his games.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jimmer-jammer

@velio84 definitely get it at a price youā€™re comfortable with as it is, by modern gaming standards, a lean experience. Iā€™ll be about 15-17hours invested to complete everything for the platinum. I imagine you could b-line this game in 6 or so hours but youā€™d be missing a lot of what it offers and the world is an absolute joy to explore, with secrets and different types of puzzles densely packed within it. Giant Squid milks a lot from very simple mechanics - itā€™s really quite brilliant! Itā€™s a giant leap beyond ABZU.

@JohnnyShoulder man, I canā€™t rave enough about the soundtrack for this one. Without falling into fanatic lunacy, Iā€™ll just say that Iā€™ll be picking it up physically, which I rarely do for game soundtracks. Itā€™s phenomenal.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder @Jimmer-jammer I'm listening to the ABZƛ soundtrack as I type this. It's achingly beautiful, and frequently comes back around to accompany my evenings.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Jimmer-jammer I was gonna wait to play The Pathless as in my head it may feel a bit similar to Kena, but your enthusiasm over it has just bumped it up to playing it next after I'm finished Mafia.

@RogerRoger Untitled

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Jimmer-jammer

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder you can add me to the admirer list! Iā€™ll be keeping an eye out for his work. I enjoyed the all around tranquility of ABZU very much. The Pathless teases an analogous calm beauty throughout. Unfortunately, something sinister has perverted it. By facing this danger in crescendos of unrelentingly chaotic intensity, you are able to slowly reclaim what was lost and discover anew, the peace ordained by the ancient gods through their balance. Anyways, the two games feel very connected, at least in spirit.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic