Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 3,568

MightyDemon82

I've pretty much just been playing Guilty Gear Strive. At the weekend I managed to reach the celestial floor, but was soon knocked back down to 10. Had a bad run on Tuesday constantly being beat, but then last night was great I won 13 out of the 17 matches I played.

My plus sub expires today but moving to the new house a week tomorrow, so won't have time for gaming anyway and the PS5 will be packed away!

MightyDemon82

ItsIncognito

Playing Kena: Bridge of Spirits and loving it.

ItsIncognito

sorteddan

I have been playing The Pathless for the last few days and wow - it really does deserve all the praise and hype it got at launch. It's largely a chill, enjoyable exploration experience but has a really captivating world where I just want to explore every nook, cranny and corner. Traversal is great, puzzle solving is simple enough to avoid being frustrating and picking up snippets of lore is interesting enough. Seems like it will be short enough to not overstay its welcome.
So far I'm really into it and would recommend it highly.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

JohnnyShoulder

@sorteddan Glad you are enjoying it also. It definitely scratched an exploration itch and I would spend ages just doing that. The platinum is also pretty straightforward for a man of your talents.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bentleyma

I’m currently in the middle of a week off, so I wanted to play a game I could immerse myself in - That game is Elex II. I think there’s something special about Piranha Bytes‘ games. They can be glitchy and janky, but when it comes to creating a world that you want to explore, not many developers top them.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

jdv95

@Bentleyma ever played 1? i dabbled in it but still got to do a actuall play through.

i'm not against janky games either,i love vampyr.

jdv95

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma I actually picked Elex 2 up the other day as it was on sale. I have a few Piranha Bytes games in the backlog (including the original Elex but have never actually played a one of them). What would be their closest equivalent… a Bethesda game maybe?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

@jdv95 I played a bit of the first game and enjoyed what I played, I just found it too difficult.

@colonelkilgore Yeah it’s quite similar to an Elder Scrolls game. There’s quite a lot of choice from what I’ve played so far. There’s an overall goal, but how you get there is up to you.

Bentleyma

jdv95

@Bentleyma
yeah it does have a weird skill tree progression system where the first hours leveling up feels useless.

i guess elex 2 handles it better than?

jdv95

nessisonett

eFootball 2023 update is now live and it is absolutely glorious. It’s had a graphical facelift and now looks stunning. Also you can get 3 legends for in-game currency which is only earned through gameplay which is cool. Got Paul Scholes playing for Celtic in their fetching 22/23 kit.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Bentleyma

@jdv95 I’m playing it on Story Mode, which I’m pretty sure the first game didn’t have.

Bentleyma

KilloWertz

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

After about a month break from my PS5, I'm back playing the PS5 version of one of my favorite PS4 games. I was somewhat disappointed with Uncharted 4 the first time around, but after playing the PS5 version roughly a few months ago, I loved it. Hopefully The Lost Legacy will still remain one of my favorite Uncharted games. Already on Chapter 6 after starting it on Sunday, and so far so good.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Th3solution

@KilloWertz Are you feeling much impact from the PS5 features and upgrade? With all the talk of TLoU Part I coming out (and the whole pricing debacle) I am curious if the jump from TLoU Remastered PS4 to PS5 version is leaps and bounds more than the jump from Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy PS4 to PS5 version. The review does sound like they put a lot of effort with LoU1, but $10 upgrade fee vs. $70 purchase fee is a huge difference. I was hoping Uncharted would have similar good 3D audio and DualSense support and the polish that it sounds like LoU1 has, but I suspect it’s more minor upgrades than those.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Insecable

@Th3solution the Uncharted upgrade was quite minor in my opinion especially in terms of Dualsense support. I didn’t really test the 3D audio to comment on that.

Insecable

KilloWertz

@Th3solution The 3D audio is fantastic, but that's not a total surprise as 1st party games have all had excellent 3D audio from what I've experienced (Uncharted 4, The Lost Legacy, and Horizon Forbidden West). The DualSense features are minor, but the ability to play in 60 FPS is really nice. I can't comment too much on the graphics as I'm too lazy to install the PS4 version and compare, but from what I've experienced it's a beautiful game. It was already a beautiful game on the PS4 Pro though.

I'd say The Last of Us Part 1 would be the bigger upgrade as they actually remade the graphics instead of just an up in resolution and frame rate. As much as I am against the release for not having true modernized gameplay like they suggested, causing me to declare this as one of the most disappointing releases in ages for me personally, I will admit that it seems to be a fine upgrade visually and audio wise. I won't experience the upgrade myself for quite some time probably, so I can't comment on the DualSense features either, but they seem to have done more there than the Uncharted games as well.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Voltan

The Last Of Us Part 1
Despite considering it one of the best games ever, I only played the original once, in 2013 on PS3. Absolutely loving the remake.

@Th3solution @KilloWertz It's true, the Tempest audio in the Uncharted remasters is absolutely fantastic.
DualSense features are uhhh fine, I guess Returnal remains the best one in that regard IMO.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

Just won my first online game in eFootball 23 and it was a cracker! I won 4-3 with an own goal off the keepers head in the last minute of injury time! 😂

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Brilliant! Unfortunately drew one 2-2 today after the other player’s team of Oliver Kahn, Roberto Carlos etc made up for the gap in skill 😉

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Yup, got thumped by a similar team after getting promoted, which brought me back down to earth!

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I feel like the graphics have had a bit of a bump since the latest update, it’s looking pretty impressive imo. Unfortunately Celtic Park’s been removed though since they made that deal with FIFA for this year!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic