Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 121 to 140 of 3,564

Northern_munkey

This weekend i am still playing fenyx rising and i bought dirt 5 and thats pretty damn good too..bit of a throw back to the sega rally/daytona arcade style racing..there was one event where i could have sworn i was playing buggy boy..wow maybe that was the alzheimers kicking in..

Kick out the jams!

nessisonett

I’m onto Wednesday now in Disco Elysium Final Cut. It really is a masterpiece. I’m rocking quite the set of thoughts, including Inexplicable Feminist Agenda, Magnesium-Based Lifeform and Homosexual Underground. I tried being a Communist following the teachings of Kras Mazov but it was just depressing my guy to the point that it was negatively affecting gameplay.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@R1spam Well, the good news is that I managed to get my overall time under seven minutes, so the trophy is now mine (as well as the game's platinum)! Based on your warning, though, I didn't dare glance at the leaderboard, particularly after I thought I'd smashed a particular course!

After my first runs on all eight, I was sixteen seconds over. Two replays later, all was sorted.

@Kidfried Wait, is this your first time playing Spidey, then? Methinks you're in for a treat, regardless of your overall fandom level. It isn't a groundbreaking game in any way, shape or form, but it's the ultimate refinement of a decade's worth of Triple A trends (to the point where I didn't even mind some of its more tropey design and objective moments). I can only imagine how the power of the PS5 improves the presentation, but I won't have to imagine for long, as Sunday marches ever-closer.

Hope your move goes well, and that Spidey helps you relax amidst all that upheaval.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Voltan

After a couple better days, I sucked at MK11 again On a positive note, I now got a specific thing I know I need to lab in practice mode.
Also I guess I can say I got promoted to a higher rank 3 times today (nobody needs to know that I also got demoted 3 times )

Voltan

nessisonett

Disco Elysium has far more Scooter references than I remember. Call Me Mañana is literally a Scooter song and pretty much everything that comes out of Egg Head’s mouth is a Scooter lyric. Odd but welcome. A personal favourite is ‘skibadee skibadanger, I am the rearranger’.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett When I first read that, I immediately thought of Scooter from Borderlands, instead of the cheesy dance group. Just shows how long since I've listened to them.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

jdv95

Kidfried wrote:

I started Spider-Man Remastered a day or so ago. I hope to be spending more time with it over the weekend, but I'm also in the process of moving this month, so we'll see whether I manage to fit it into my schedule.

As a fan of platformers, movement has always been very important for me in videogames and this game is all about that. Some things are still a bit weird, like not being able to simply hang from a leg when sneaking (?) or maybe I just need to figure out how that works. But in general I love the movement, sense of speed and how Spider-Man innovates on the Batman combat system by implementing verticality in combat.

Also, New York City looks so nice. I didn't expect this game to look as good as it does. It's amazing how relatively colorful they made NYC too. But most impressive is probably that I didn't witness any pop in so far, while traveling the city at enormous speed.

I'm a small time Spider-Man fan (I read the comics for about three years), and so far I think the game handles its series legacy somewhat better than Batman. The games for the latter were "the Joker releases all villains", which was a useful plot device in Arkham Asylum, but felt a bit forced in the latter games. Anyway, I of course have no idea which way the Spider-Man story is going, so maybe I should not get ahead of myself just yet.

What do I dislike? The fact that they included Copeland's radio broadcasts from Days Gone into this game, disguised as JJ podcasts. "Don't believe the lies!"

you can turn the podcasts off in the options menu. just "unsubscribe" from JJ's podcast.

jdv95

Thrillho

I swear Astro's Playroom is cursed for me!

Having been the game that originally killed my console off, I was going to play it next having finished Ratchet and Clank but it had fallen off my home menu after installing other games (seriously, what's with such a terrible UI on the home screen??). Bizarrely, it was then showing up as installed but I couldn't play it so I've had to delete the game and am waiting for it to re-download now.

At least it seems like it will finally be worth it!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

I started Spider-Man Remastered this morning. After its first panning shot of Pete's apartment felt slightly blurry, the extra horsepower kicked in, and I was blown away. I played the original on PS4 Pro, but it's clear how much of a fudge that older, middle-ground hardware really was. There's a "sharpness" filter on the game's Photo Mode which I'd always whacked up to maximum before, in order to make my screenshots pop, but here? No need. Everything's naturally razor-sharp anyway.

What I did do, however, was deactivate the adaptive triggers. It was fine when I was web-swinging; I could feel it was there, but it was being subtle. Then I arrived at one of the game's many minigames, and found myself fighting with the triggers to spin the little circuitry tile pieces. Totally unnecessary, so off it went. Naturally this did wonders for my DualSense's battery. I played Astro's Playroom for 90 minutes the other day, and lost a bar of charge, but I stayed with Spidey for almost two-and-a-half hours earlier... and still had full power. Seriously, I plugged it back into its charging dock and the orange light pulsed once, indicating no need to charge. Controller battery duration has never been an issue for me, but it highlighted how much of a drain Sony's cleverness can be.

My new Pulse 3D headset will definitely need a charging break sooner rather than later, but that's no bad thing, as I've got old Hitman levels to get through whilst it does. Is it a massive step up from what the Platinum headset could achieve on PS4? No. In fact, the Platinum headset has more options, including preset sound profiles and whatnot. That being said, it's still a very comfortable, very lovely piece of kit, which produces a rich, immersive soundscape. It'll likely vary from game to game, but it's clear that Spidey's had some work done to highlight Sony's flagship technology. It's a 2-1 win, rather than a 12-0 slaughter.

The lack of loading screens caught me off-guard more than once, as I thought I'd have time to reach for my rapidly-cooling coffee, only to be thrown right back into the city. I had to stop to fully appreciate the fancy reflections in glass buildings, but they're beautiful, and should make for some great shots.

I also like NuPete, way more than I thought I would. His resting face is a little smug, but he's superb in cutscene conversation. For all that rolled their eyes at the official explanation for the change (that Yuri Lowenthal's facial capture work needed a new bone structure to properly fit) you can actually see the results first-hand. The decision really pays off. Don't get me wrong, the old Pete was awesome, but there's been zero disconnect for me. I look at him here, and he just feels... well, real.

Very happy with it. Will blast through the story before moving on to Miles, but I'm pleased I didn't transfer my previous progress, because it's gonna be a joy earning its platinum all over again.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Are you playing 4K or at 60fps?

I only have a HDTV so have gone with the latter wherever possible but fans’ screenshots of the game on Insomniacs Twitter account look stunning!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Oh, definitely the 4K option. A stable 30fps is absolutely fine by me, and works with something as cinematic as Spidey (which applies film grain and chromic aberration as standard). I've briefly tinkered with the new Photo Mode options, but I can see it becoming a bit of a black hole!

Have you managed to start Astro's Playroom yet, or is it still giving you grief?

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I just wondered whether playing on performance mode would downscale the pics I’m sure I’ll be getting in Spider-Man: MM!

And I’ve played a fair bit of Astro now. It’s only 10GB which took about half an hour to re-download. It was just a bit strange that it had “disappeared”. A brilliantly charming game and I love it when I recognise the game the bots are play acting!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Even if your TV screen isn't 4K itself, the PS5 (and therefore the game) would still output in that resolution, and so your screenshots should come out as 3840x2160 when you export the raw files to another device... I think. I've seen conflicting reports on the subject. Depends how clever your TV is, and whether the PS5 communicates with it and auto-locks its output resolution. Check your PS5's settings but, in any case, I don't think you'd get the reflective glass and extra graphical flourishes in Performance Mode because, when you start a new game, you're asked to pick between the three display options, and it lists what's affected.

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@Thrillho @RogerRoger The system outputs a full 4K image. My TV is only 1080p, but all my screenshots are a crisp 2160p.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Trs451

Started Disco Elysium. I've been looking forward to playing this since it was announced. Hope it doesn't disappoint

Trs451

Voltan

Untitled

Today was a good day for Kombat. Unfortunately it's probably not enough to make it to the next rank (unless I can hit a streak of like 8 wins tomorrow)

@Thrillho If I'm not mistaken, Spider-Man goes into the fidelity mode for photo mode even if you're playing in performance mode.

Voltan

Thrillho

@RogerRoger @mookysam @Voltan Thanks folks. Good to know Roger won't be taking shots prettier than mine (allowing for his superior artistic flair anyway).

Thrillho

Thrillho

I fired up Disco Elysium and it’s taking me a while to get used to the vibe and controls but it’s certainly an interesting game!

I was also lucky enough to get the tie without killing myself..

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Did you pass the check for the tie to speak to you? I didn’t have enough points in my purple stats this time round to get it but the tie helps narrate the game if you do.

Thrillho

@nessisonett Ha, no. I didn’t even know that was a thing!

I went for the thinker route for my first go and haven’t got all that far. One thing is how tiny the text seems to be and the option to increase the size doesn’t actually seem to do anything?

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic