Forums

Topic: The 'Abandoned' Kojima Silent Hills game

Posts 121 to 140 of 147

Th3solution

@Octane If so, I’m really disappointed in Sony’s curating and screening processes. How can they leave many indie games ignored on their services and yet highlight a game and a studio that doesn’t even exist? Are there chimpanzees running the switchboard over there or what? 😅

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Thrillho That’s exactly what I thought of 😂😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@nessisonett I seem to remember you posting that vid recently so I did quickly check the last few pages to make sure it wasn't in here.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore So, how might the Death Stranding Directors Cut trailer fit into all this?
The trailer was overtly Metal Gear Solid inspired, down to the oranges, the box, the stealth room, and apparently the music was ripped straight from MGS.
Could Sony post all this Konami property on one of their game trailers without legal ramifications? I guess they could get away with all of it except the music is surely copyrighted.
Do you figure that Konami and Kojima are back together in good graces? Maybe we get both a MGS (either remake or a Kojima directed sequel) and the Silent Hills game he was working on and got, …ahem, abandoned. 😅

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution I honestly have no idea sol… and those who do state categorically that they do (in either camp) are merely wearing opinion as fact. I agree though, if Konami were not ‘in’ on the Death Stranding: Directors Cut choice of trailer music (& pretty much everything else tbh), they would have a right to be very angry… ****whispers**** “they don’t seem angry though” 🤫😉

Best case scenario: Sony has purchased the rights to produce games based off the Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania IP’s from Konami.

Worst Case Scenario: Hassan Kahriman (and by extension Blue Box Game Studios) are intentionally misleading the gaming public with little-to-nothing to show for it.

As with all situations in which there are two distinct sides, the truth is ‘somewhere’ in between. Either way it’s been an interesting diversion from the silence that is Sony this summer.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore If “best case scenario” ends up being the true outcome, then “check” and “mate” to Sony! Konami are probably the worst offenders of burying their valuable franchises, especially the three tent poles you mentioned. They probably have no clue how valuable they are to the gaming populace, so wouldn’t surprise me if the sold them.

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah those properties in the hands of Naughty Dog, Sony San Diego, Sucker Punch and Insomniac (or as the speculation goes BluePoint) would pretty much be a dream come true as a PlayStation gamer. Does seem a little ‘too good to be true’ though.

**** DLC!

Niko001

@colonelkilgore Why the hell did they mislead us like this? And why are Sony giving them any time at all being as they’ve released absolutely nothing? It’s just the most bizarre thing ever!

Niko001

colonelkilgore

@Niko001 yeah it's very strange... the Internet and social media has created 'opportunities' that were never apparent before.

There is no doubt that Hasan knew what he was doing... I could let him off with the 'starts with S and ends with L' tweet... but after all the furore that caused, to then double-down with the blurry picture of a guy sporting an eye-patch is clearly intentional regardless of how much he may try and claim otherwise.

I honestly don't understand the Sony silence though. The Sony I know would've normally (& metaphorically) clamped this guys mouth shut long ago.

**** DLC!

Niko001

@colonelkilgore just read that the reveal trailer will be in a few months!

This Hasan guy is definitely bonkers. Could be Christmas before we even know what it’s about. I think he maybe in the wrong job. Totally lost interest now.. App deleted!

Niko001

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore This just in — Blue Box was just bought by Microsoft for $3 trillion.

The Silent Hill remake and all Metal Gear Solid games past, present, and future are exclusives to Xbox.
After February 1st, 2022, If you try to download MGSV it has been programmed with a Trojan horse malware which will brick your PS5.

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution Excellent… everything is proceeding as I had foreseen. 😉

#MakeTheGalaxyCreatAgain #SithLivesMatter #somethingsomethingsomethinggamepaaaasssss

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@lolwhatno I watched the video with Colin Moriaty last night. He came across as a bit shady and in way over his head. Lots of alarm bells ringing to some of the things he said.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

Ahh… this thread was so much fun back last year. Still an absolute mystery… and while still somewhat interesting, it’s now firmly in the ‘car crashes are interesting’ kinda way.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@lolwhatno IIRC he did say something like that, but then quickly said afterwards that was only on art assets.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Sorry, this topic has been locked.