Forums

Topic: Returnal

Posts 381 to 400 of 2,757

Voltan

@Th3solution I'm already back in lol

Also: the fact that beating the game (because beating the last boss and rolling credits has to be considered beating the game, right?) gives you a silver trophy says a lot about it lol

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Scratchy_Seal

@PossibLeigh well what are the chances, I get home and first run pick up the artefact that increases max integrity for every malfunction picked up or cleared that you speak of, awesome...an easy 200% integrity and on my way to a biome 3 beating build.

Game crashed using a portal, time for a break me thinks!

@voltan good stuff, great to hear there’s plenty more to keep you busy!

Scratchy_Seal

Voltan

@Scratchy_Seal After beating the game, there's a new type of collectible to find. There's one in every biome and finding them all opens the way to an alternative ending (aka Act 3). Already got two so that's probably going to be reasonably quick.
Platinum trophy will probably take a little longer though

Btw, these are my stats after beating Act 2:
Untitled

Voltan

render

@Voltan that’s ridiculous, 27 deaths, 22 hours!! I’m already on 42 deaths and 1 day 2 hours and I’m only just in biome 4. Much respect to your awesomeness.

It’s amazing how this game can get you feeling really confident one minute and then totally beat you down the next. Having got to Hyperion and almost beating it I followed that up with two runs where I got about three rooms in before dying. Perhaps it’s something to do with playing later and my reflexes getting worse, or just the random nature of the game. I’d like to think it’s the random thing 😂.

render

Voltan

@render The random thing is definitely a thing. At least up to some point. On one of my yesterday's runs I got killed literally in the first room lol.
But overall I guess I don't suck

Voltan

Splat

I swear some runs are harder than others. Sometimes I fly through the first area and other times it rocks my world.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

render

@velio84 Yeah same here. I totally expected this game would be my nemesis and that’s proving true, but it’s such a great game I’m happy to slog away at it getting a little bit further each time.

Besides I need to make this game last until R&C comes out 😉

render

Voltan

Not gonna lie, I love to see that you guys are very much into it despite having a harder time than I had. Housemarque really nailed it with this one.

Voltan

Scratchy_Seal

@velio84 That’s the goal! So I finally managed to join the biome 4 crew. Second attempt at Nemesis so pretty happy with that although it did take 300% integrity and the artefact that auto repairs at low integrity just may have saved my bacon once...twice...many times!

As somebody else said previously, as much I was enjoying myself anyway, clearing biome 3 really did give me more reasons to love this game!

Scratchy_Seal

MightyDemon82

@Voltan congratulations on beating the game but how on earth did you manage with only 22 deaths. That's some crazy god like skill you have, I must be pushing about 150 and struggle with biome 3. The final room before the boss especially. Health and recovery items all get chewed up and I have half a health bar when I get to nemesis !

MightyDemon82

katamariUK

I finally finished the game yesterday with 26 deaths. Oddly, I found the final boss much easier than some of the others.
Playing through again as I enjoy it so much and there is other stuff to do. However, phase 3 of the Nemesis boss fight glitched yet again for me so I couldn't cause any damage. Hopefully they patch this bug soon as I have had it 3 times so far and it destroys a full biome playthrough completely.
Unfortunately, it looks like I may have to delete my save game in order to get the bugged trophies

Game dev.

Voltan

@MightyDemon82 it’s 27 deaths but honestly if you think that’s good, you probably don’t want to know the stats people are posting on Reddit
Spoiler: 0 death runs and beating the game in 8h are absolutely a thing.

I’m happy with mine though, they’re probably above average 😂

Voltan

render

velio84 wrote:

@render
Here’s hoping we manage to finish Returnal by the time Ratchet comes

Ha ha yep I fear you are right there 🤣

@Scratchy_Seal awesome work on getting to biome 4. If you enjoyed the boss battle on 3 then hopefully you’ll like the one on 4 even more. The entire build up to it is just amazing. They done an awesome job with the sound scape and atmosphere.

@MightyDemon82 I had trouble with that room as well until I started using the grapple points to retreat from too many things closing in around me. I went from getting to the boss with no healing items left and 2/3 health to holding on to all my items and full health after collecting the few Silphium lying around.

@Voltan I’m not minding having a hard time with this, makes me feel like I earned it. I’d swap that for your skill any day though 👍

render

render

@Voltan I saw that one. I mean zero deaths WTF!! The only thing I’ve achieved zero deaths in so far is real life and even with that just barely.

render

render

@katamariUK Well done, another awesome job finishing with just 26 deaths. Much respect to you!

Good to hear that people want to carry on playing after finishing.

render

Scratchy_Seal

@render oh for sure! Had real Castlevania vibes when I got to the boss, really cool. I didn’t last long though! Next time.

Scratchy_Seal

Kidfried

@render You're still in the first biome of real life, though.

Kidfried

render

@Kidfried good point, the boss is going to be interesting!

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic