Forums

Topic: Playstation+ & Playstation+ Game of 2020

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

colonelkilgore

So the new PS+ games for January look really good (as long as you don’t already have them that is). It looks like we’ll be getting Maneater, Greedfall and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I already have the latter but never got around to buying the other two.

I’ve heard good things about all three games and the two I don’t already own will definitely be slotted into the backlog (alongside SotTR).

Which made me think what was my PS+ game of 2020... as well as what is everyone else’s?

1. Bugsnax: just a great puzzle experience which never fails to bring a smile to my face.
2. Fall Guys: never actually played it (not much of a social gamer if I’m honest) but just to see the faces on some disappointed Xbox players faces when the store-assistant told them it was yet another Playstation exclusive (okay it’s on PC too) was ashamedly satisfying.
3. Need for Speed: Payback: never been much of a racing fan but I’m enjoying it and will see it through for the platinum.

I’ve already owned most of the others but there was some other great games available on the service this year... I’ll be interested to hear other peoples takes.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

nessisonett

Fall Guys without a doubt, a great game and the massive number of players meant you got a game within seconds.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

Good question. I didn’t realize how many good games were included this year.
For reference for anyone who doesn’t remember, here is a link to all the titles offered this year: https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/all-free-ps-plus-games-in-2020

I’ve actually only played a couple from the list but I added several to my backlog of games I plan to play. Furthermore in 2020 I played a couple PS+ games from yesteryear that I just finally got around to pulling out of the backlog.

The best played from this year is probably Star Wars Battlefront II. It’s a huge game with enormous amounts of content, and even though I’m not a fan of online MP FPS, I am a Star Wars fan and there was a awful lot of love put into the game, even though I barely scratched the surface of the content.

Secondly, for me - a special shout-out to Erica. It’s a title I’d probably never have bought, and although I only played through its 2 hour story once and I got a pretty lousy ending, I was happy to get this as a free game to try.

And finally, the bronze goes to NBA2K20. Another game I’d probably never have bought, and really didn’t spend much time with, but for free it was nice to at least try it out and see what all the fuss is about the franchise.

But as for the best 2020 PS+ games offered that I had already played:
1. Shadow of the Colossus
2. Uncharted 4 and Nathan Drake Collection
3. Rise of the Tomb Raider and now the even better Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
Honorable Mention: Bioshock: The Collection

And for the Plus game from this year that I will probably try next: Shadow of War. Then maybe Bugsnax and Maneater when I get a PS5.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Oh yeah, Bioshock 1 was a game I only played because of Game Club and it being on PS+. I didn’t particularly care for it but at least I finally got around to playing it!

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution

Great point, probably the main strength of PS+ is giving us the option to try games we would never even try otherwise.

I think x box players experience something similar with Game Pass (albeit greatly expanded) but for me I wouldn’t want it to completely overshadow my personal gaming schedule. It’s just nice that the odd game from left-field gets thrown in that ‘tickles my pickle’ every couple of months.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore I didn’t think you could get games on Playstation that tickled your pickle anymore due to Sony’s stance on censorship?

Thrillho

I’m surprised I’ve played as few of the games as I have.

Fall Guys absolutely has to be up there though. Genius move to make it free for launch and to come out this year made for a perfect release. I played the hell out of season 1 and had great fun.

Other than that, I’d also say Need For Speed: Payback which I probably wouldn’t have bought but ended up having a blast with this.

Thrillho

sorteddan

Checking the list it seems I played 12 games from the full year (10 if you count uncharted collection as one game) and managed 8 plat trophies from them. Not bad.

Things I enjoyed most tended to be fall guys - casual fun for a month or so; star wars battleground - despite not usually going anywhere near online shooters, above mentioned uncharted games, Erica, dirt rally - despite severe lack of talent at rally Sims and goat simulator - harmless nonsense a day's distraction.

Definite favourite of the lot though has to be Shadow of the Colossus. Was glad to have the chance to play remastered version of the game so many others had banged on about. Desolate environment, big monsters and a game built around wordless narratives leaving it more open to interpretation. Was one of a couple I've played this year which has made me question whether the (game) world would've been better of without the actions of (me) the protagonist - I seem to have a moral dilemma over games where I realise I may be the bad guy

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@Arugula Destruction All Stars looks great!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

Wow, my last post there didn’t age well. 😂

nessisonett

@Th3solution I mean hey, I thought the GTA Trilogy looked good before it came out too 😂

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.